What camera you guys got?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Willsanches, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

So judging from some other threads there are some pretty good photographers on the forum. I've been wanting to buy a nice camera for a while, anyone have any suggestions?

I was thinking about the nikon D90. Or maybe a cannon I don't know though..

2. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Canon 7D

3. Max Q

Max Q Member

Nikon D200/D2X

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I am probably the odd ball on here with a Pentax K5. I have owned the D90 though. Great camera, you won't be disappointed. The D7000 is essentially the new D90 though and is a substantial upgrade...

5. liltoua

liltoua Member

I had a D90, now I'm shooting with a 60D

6. shu

shu Member

5D MKII here. Jumped from a 7D and the full-frame sensor was well worth the extra cost.

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

HTC Incredible.

8. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Nikon D5000

9. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

personally own a d300, use d3's, 5d mkII's and occasionnally a 1d mkIII for work stuffs

I think you cant go wrong with nikon or canon. I always tell people to go to a store and compare the two brands in the SAME price bracket (yes nikon is often a hundred bux more) and mess with the menu systems and button layouts, as thats where they differ hugely. I personally prefer nikon layouts because for me I find it easy to change all my settings on the fly while still looking through the viewfinder, granted I have canon friends that do the same with theirs. Just depends on what feels comfy for you, and that's really important.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2011
  10. liltoua

liltoua Member

^^Yea I would agree. I've used both and I still like the Nikon OS better than Cannon LOL. In the end all you need to do is play around with both and pick which ever one feels more comfortable to you.

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

D3100

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

buy a really nice point and shoot, or if pass that then join a photo club and hangout try all the different models then buy what you like. I went with Canon because all my old 35mm lenses interchange with the new digital body and uses SD cards.

13. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Canon t3i, just use it for video though

14. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I don't want to start a massive debate on a well worn subject, but you can't really go wrong with any of the major brands these days. The Sensor currently in the D7000 is also in a few Sony cameras (as they manufacture the sensor) as well as the Pentax K5. If you plan to invest heavily in photography (more than five thousand dollars) you are probably best off going with the CaNikons, if its a hobby, research all of the brands and pick the one that suits your needs best.

15. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I learned with a 40D.
    I bought a 40D.

16. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Yah agreed, on a pixel nitpicking stand point despite sony and nikon sharing sensors in some of their lines, the imaging processors are unique enough that they produce different noises in images, and sometimes more than the other. But yes, it really just matters what feels right for the person and budget. I just usually suggest the two brands because they have the most crap,err accessories to buy.

17. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

Damn I didn't think I'd get so many replys, thanks guys:wavey:

18. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Nikon D70...100,000+ pictures taken. Finally gave out on me. Waiting or the D800 to come out soon.

19. osnap

osnap Member

I'm kinda cheating, considering photography is the family business, but I own a Nikon D40, D80, D90, D200, and D300S :p

20. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

How do the d40 d80 and d90 compare to each other?..I think the other 2 are out of my price range haha