What can we do to improve your WRXatlanta browsing experience?!

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by WRX-WRC, Feb 6, 2006.

1. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

We are working hard to make tweaks, upgrades, additions, fix some bugs, and enhance some of the forums to provide a better experience for WRXatl members and we wanted some of your input about what you think we can do toward that end.

Alex is currently underway with work to redesign the front splash page (http://www.wrxatlanta.com) as well as upgrade us to the latest vbulletin software (3.5.x).

Please post your comments and lets get a discussion going. With a guys like Alex and Milo on board the sky is the limit. While free chipotle will not likely be offered any time soon, I am sure we can make some good things happen here.

Alex

2. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

add a store with apparel, and like jjang suggested have a link for posted dyno graphs.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Sticky: Dyno Database - Enter your numbers here!

We're working on a cafepress store, expect it to be up within the next few months. I'm really quite busy with the non-wrx life so you'll all have to bare with me. We'll get it done though :) I want to have a WRXatl shirt for everyday of the week :bigthumb:

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yes please post suggestions... also if anyone has some nice artwork representing WRXatlanta, please forward it to one of the mods or adming... u never know... maybe ur design could make it on a club tshirt :)

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

In the FAQ, there is some sort of mention that each thread has 1-5 stars that you can rate the thread. Add those!

AND maybe have that awesome panorama of mine as a banner? =p

that's all I can think of at the moment.

6. Alex

Done, thank you :bigthumb:

7. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i would add skins for the members as in meaning, we can change the skin to selected once that the mod's would choose like this one dark navy blue with light baby blue so what u think? then we could have black background with red front. etc.. like other forums have.. and make garage posted with members avatar so when we click on the members avatar then it needs to have garage link with others.. like view this person's car's or garage.

plus have the store a bunch of stuff like mugs, mouse pads(not cheap ones either the one with bubble end or gel) & etc..

8. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

9. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

in all honesty, I like the board how it is...the only gripe I have is that I don't know what smilies we have on here....and sometimes I think there are too few. so, add some smilies and make them known/visible!!

;)

-Matt

10. Alex

Lol...We have a ton man :wiggle: I just need to decide which 30 I want displayed by default.

WRXatlanta Smilies

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

A switch to disable viewing images in sigs would be much appreciated (I think I suggested this a while back).

PS: Alex, I'll sell you that cafepress design I showed you before :naughty:

13. Alex

Sigs can be turned off through your user settings. I'm also workig on an acryonym list for the newbie forums as well to bring new owners up to speed.

14. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I know you can turn off the entire sig, but I'd like an option to just exclude images.

15. Alex

Alright, I'll work on it Moose. Shady, adding a link to a user's garage has been on my to-do list for a long long time. We'll get it done!

16. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

thanks dude.. & one more thing when we log on to www.wrxatlanta.com we need some image that moves or a flash greeting something that will show in less then 20 sec what we r all about what u think??

17. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

and a chat room!

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hahaha... i thought we had beaten this to death... i am against the chat room idea... i had stated my reasons earlier but i would like to re-iterate

* will reduce traffic on the forum... we need to traffic because more traffic = more advertisers = more money for the club = more events where WRXatlanta can pay for food, etc... most of the food at the install days has been paid for by WRXatlanta

* only those people who are online will be involved in the discussion... those who get on the boards once a week will not be involved

* we need all conversations archived... someone mentioned that chat room conversations can be archived as well... however i doubt most people wanna search multiple locations

19. Alex

It could also draw unecessary bandwidth use. How would people feeling about having blogs--users could have more in depth journals than the garage offers to talk about kills, daily events, installs, whatever they'd like.

Anyone interested?

20. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

please elaborate

btw, we need a kills section ;)

21. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

car pr0n :).

I would have to veto the chat room. Band width hog and I dont see it being used. Forums seem more informative and actually retain history of posts for future reference

22. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

23. Alex

Ive been brainstorming all day and basically, what I am trying to do here is give everyone a reason to stay longer on the website. My plans with the frontpage is to give it the Emeril "Bam!" and kick it up a few notches. Some ideas I've played with...
    • member of the day/week/month
    • sponsor/advertiser exposure
    • top 5 member galleries
    • latest vendor deals
    • latest posts
    • g2g news, updates, etc
    • spice up user profiles to include more (Name, Age, Sex, Hometwon, About, Interests, Music, Status, Smoker, Drinker, etc) as well as a profile picture, and profile comments
    • a blog system; members can post on their blogs as journals for their daily life, cars, whatever. A select few will be on the frontpage for everyone to see (if you agree). with this, everyone can have a little bit more personalization of the site and can add their own bit of character

That's just to name a few. Overall, we want to make the WRXatlanta experience something worth your entire day's time :bigthumb:

Also, expect more userbility of signature control (moose).
    • Maximum Number of Lines
    • Maximum Font Size
    • Links to external Websites
    • BBCodes
    • Images (max. Number/Width/Height/Filesize)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  24. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

down with the flash idea....like a sweet banner or something?...

25. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I think that would be cool. I know im kinda tired of seeing "fall colors" , but I know whatever you do will be fine. GO ALEX!!!!!!!!

26. Alex

Yeah...yeah. My computer died and I never got around to making the winter banner for the site.

27. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Another suggestion: A way to change the way a threads are ordered when seraching for them or just having the option already available when looking at a specific forum. Such as ordering it from ascending or descending from variable such as:

Number of posts. Time last (or first) posted in. Rating (once the 5 star rating system is (if ever) added). Amount of characters... etc. etc...

28. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

what about upping the amount of pics per post. kinda sux when you have to post three times for 21 pics. im against a chat room. if you want to chat thats what the offtopic is for. whore it up. the thing i want improved is something alex cant fix on his computer. this one is up to you guys. what i want fixed is when you look at a thread post in it. i dont mean usless stuff but damn i know you guys read all of the threads, whats the matter with a lil feedback. quit being so timid. when we have meets no one has a problem talking. but on here someone will post and it will be 30min to and hour before someone posts again. in other words

Quit Lurking! :naughty:

oh and how hard is it to set a members gaming section with flash games. the avlanche forum im on has one and its really cool.

*edit i almost forgot. the blog idea. everyone has access to a blog under there profile on the frapper map. if you want to use that to save space alex. i also plan on doing a write up for the begining of the frappr therad letting poeple know how to fully use there space. they even have a forum overthere but i turned it off and linked the forum part to here.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  29. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

but i like lurking

30. jt money

lurking is ok for us non wrx owners but them suby owners need to step it up. why be so shy behind the pc when your loud and bold in front of a crowd. maybe im the only loud one and every one is talking over my volume. lol

btw it only took 20 min for that reply your shattering my 1 post per half an hour theory. :rolleyes:

31. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Another suggestion: One of those google map things that show where each of us live as a red dot on the map?

32. Alex

Like the Frappr jt money setup?

33. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

i kinda miss "thong Thurs.".... :wtc: it was something to look forward to... :bootyshak

34. Brian

Brian Active Member

2nd the Google map "Web 2.0" integration

35. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I 2nd the the "thong thursday". JT Money where you at!!!

36. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Another Suggestion: Ability to bookmark threads, and then you can access favorite threads quickly without have to search for it.

37. jt money

at the top of the thread theres a thread tools button. in there theres a subscribe thread. that should be accessable through the user control panal at any time.

we have a map on frappr (sponcered by google) that has way more than cool buttons where you live. give me awhile to get it set up but ill have all the taco macs we meet at the drag strips and many other cool spots we use often. let me finish the tutorial so everyone know how to use all the options. but for now its a sticky in the newbie section so all the new people see it right away. its also a great way to get to know people cause they have a handful of questions for your profile.

check out WRXatlanta's map here

and thong thurs. i know i let ya;ll down but i wasnt getting any thanks damn s or barlyanything so i assumed noone was lookin at it any more since im like the only person who posts in that forum. but ill try to remember to hit yall up next thurs.

38. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

<-- n00b even at 240 posts

39. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

yeah, it would be cool to source in the code if you could though :)

could we have a main subsection for the trance stuff?

40. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

don't know if i'd have time to actually put much into one, but yeah this is a great idea.

while the idea of a kills section by itself would be kinda cool, i wouldn't want to "inspire" people to increase their "kills" for the sake of being well represented in that section if you get what i mean ;)

most people here a responsible enough (yeah i know we ALL street race from time to time), but my thinking is more towards: as these 02-03 cars get cheaper, younger guys will be driving them, thus younger guys will be coming here... you follow my reasoning ;) (exit art-director devil's advocate)

41. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i was just kiddin when i said we need a kills section... and for the same reasons u mentioned :)

42. Alex

I really dig the blog idea, I'm really excited about 3.5 :bigthumb:

43. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

I want this Smiley :)

[​IMG]

44. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

I know that this might sound goofy, but how about a movie review section?.

Mark

45. blink

blink Member

I'm not wild about adding more off topic sections, I think Off-Topic does well enough, but thats my 2cents.. love ya mark, just dont want this site turning into IA, with its 50 different off topic sections.

46. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Yeah, that's true...we don't want our forums to have too many off-topic forums....I just had a wild idea that I would put out there. I do like the idea of more sponsor/advertiser exposure though. Good Point Stephen...

Mark

47. Alex

48. Goose013

Goose013 Member

make me the treasurer :naughty:

49. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

allow HTML in posts?

50. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

its already enabled