What detailing and other car care products do you use?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Alex, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I have been considering extending our catalog to include car care and other detailing products. These are, naturally, compliments to the products and services that we currently offer.

The last time thread I setup regarding this was a complete flop. My goal was to create a car care kit for all of us with a target price of $100 or so. This kit would include the most basic elements that any enthusiast should own. This time around I am simply going to ask what products the community uses and then use that data to compile a new kit.

I would like to consider the idea that we all could use a nice collection of higher quality detailing products (e.g. not off brand soap from pep boys).

Eager to hear back,

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I dunno if you can get it for $100 but I just detailed my car with my porter cable and it's freaking shining like no other.

1) Wash with Einzett car wash
    2) Clay bar the car
    3) Polish with Einzett polish
    4) Wax with Einzett wax
    5) Seal with Klasse high gloss sealant.

The Klasse is AWESOME so when I run out of the Einzett products I'm replacing with Klasse products.

I'm currently chilling in Myrtle Beach with my in-laws for the holidays (they are from NY) so I'll try to snap some pics when I get home tomorrow.

3. WJM

WJM Banned

Purple power, acid, a scrub brush and a pressure washer.

I think the pressure washer is going to make the kit cost a little more than $100.

4. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Anything Zymol, but that could get really expensive really quick! Also a porter cable combo with polishes would be awesome

5. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Liquid Glass products

6. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The issue with the porter cable combo, is that would more than double the price. The porter cable itself is over $100.

Although, with enough interest, I am sure Alex could put together something with a porter cable;)

7. Alex

Yeah, I can look at putting together a PC package for everyone. We need to discuss, realistically, how much we want the combo to be because I have to order everything by the case (including the PC's :lol: ).

8. WJM

WJM Banned

does it include a pressure washer?

9. Alex

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Dude my next purchase will be a foam cannon....that crazy!

11. Alex

Nice isnt it? :)

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yes and I like how it stays on the car.

13. Alex

Ultima Clean, Protect & Preserve Paint with Dual Action Polisher Kit

* Everything you need to wash, clean, polish and protect and maintain your car's finish
    * Polish away swirl, water etching and bring back that better than new shine
    * Safe and easy to use, even for the beginner detailer!

The all-inclusive Ultima Dual Action Polisher Clean, Protect & Preserve Paint Kit has everything you need from washing to maintaining your car's paint.

The Ultima Paint Guard Wash with the Genuine Wool Mitt and Sonus Der Wunder Drying towel is the perfect combination to safely wash away the dirt and grime.

After you've washed the car, the Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System is the next step to remove bonded surface contamination that is not removed by a simple wash. The Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System is safe, easy to use and replaces your normal detailing clay.

Ultima Paint Prep Plus is a versatile paint polish specially engineered for modern clear coat paint finishes. Apply Ultima Paint Prep Plus by machine to remove water etching, swirl and minor paint defects while enhancing the shine.

Ultima Paint Guard Plus is the longest lasting, clearest and easiest paint protection you can apply to your car. This product takes less than ten minutes to apply to a clean, dry vehicle. Simply apply and walk away. No buffing required and it will never leave build up in the cracks or turn your trim white. The Ultima Paint Guard Plus is also environmentally friendly!

To keep up that freshly detailed look, the Ultima Detail Spray Plus mist-and-wipe spray detailer offers an easy solution to regular car appearance care. Use Ultima Detail Spray Plus with the Ultima Autospa Buffing Towel everywhere to lightly clean, dust and enhance the Ultima shine. Use daily on paint, glass, plastic and wheels to maintain a "just detailed" look and cut down on time consuming washing.
    Helps Prevent:

* Dull Paint
    * Swirlmarks & oxidation
    * UV ray penetration
    * Environmental paint damage
    o tree sap, road grunge, bugs, road salt, bird droppings, pollen, and lots more...
    * Water spots & streaks

Kit Contents:

* Ultimate Detailing Machine by Porter Cable UDM-1000-PC
    * Ultimate Detailing Machine DAS II Orange SwirlBuster Pad, 6" x 1.25"
    * Ultima Paint Guard Wash (22 oz.) ULT-5022
    * Genuine Wool Wash Mitt VK-103
    * Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel (24" x 30" towel)
    * Ultima Paint Cleaner (22 oz. & Elastrofoam block)
    * Ultima Paint Prep Plus (12 oz.) ULT-4012 No Applicator
    * Ultima Paint Guard Plus (4 oz. & applicator)
    * Ultima Detail Spray Plus (22 oz.)
    * Ultima Autospa Buffing Towel (16" x 24" towel)
    * Sonus DAS Backing Plate, 5"
    * Sonus Der Wunder Polishing Towel, Pkg/2

[​IMG]

What about trying to put together a group buy on something like this?

14. HKSTuner

HKSTuner New Member

15. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

How much would that kit go for Alex?

16. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

dead of winter is probably a bad time to get this going, JUST SAYIN