what do you think of STi wheels on my s2k?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BrianGT, Sep 12, 2005.

1. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

What do you think of the STi bbs wheels on my s2k?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The offset is fine and so is the lug spacing, but the hub bore is smaller than my stock wheels. I put them on with 10mm spacers just to see what they would look like. I read on another board that you can have the hub bore milled larger. I don't know if I like them on the car, as I am so used to seeing them on my wife's car. (she has 2 sets)

The fronts are about .5 lb lighter than my oem 16"x6.5" wheels, and the rears are about 2 lbs lighter than my oem 16"x7.5" wheels. I could still stagger the tires by running 255/40-17 on the rear and 225/45-17 on the front on the 17"x8" wheels, but with the 150% stiffer than stock front swaybar, I can get away with no stagger.

--
    Brian

Last edited: Sep 12, 2005
  2. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

looks kinda good. makes the 2000 look like a miata to me though. just paint them pink already! :keke:

3. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i actually like them quite a bit on the s2k... give's it a little more aggression.

4. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i like em a lot

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Id Stick With The Stock S2k Wheels..looks Better Imo

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

^^^^ i'm with dummy

7. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

We are going to go with a set of Rotas for painting pink, as we need to get +48 offset wheels, instead of the stock +53 offset, for accomidating the 275/40-17 Kumho V710 tires for Mere's car. We thought about using 5mm spacers with the OEM wheels on the rear, but I am not sure that spacers would be reliable.

--
    Brian

8. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I think it's got too many spokes for an S2k. Looks weird to me. Stick with the stockers

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'd say they look great if you got them powdered. They're too bright for the body color imo. I'd shoot for something darker than your paint and tape off the currnet wheel color to create a lip for yourself. While you're at it, go ahead and paint your calipers gold ;)

10. Trey

Trey Active Member

Wheels look nice, tires suck though. Sell them to ME!!! :D

11. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

heh.. the ones in the pics are the replacement ones for the ones on Mere's car now. They are almost new.

I am thinking of just sticking to the oem wheels on my s2k now, as they seem to match the car better.

--
    Brian

12. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

For some reason, a honda with wheels with more than 5 spokes just looks odd to me. And for the S2000 those wheels just make it look really "busy". I think the S2000 has really nice stock wheels, I would just keep them.

13. Trey

Trey Active Member

I beg to differ. ;)

[​IMG]

14. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

those would be tight on black with a polished lip

15. SkullWRX

SkullWRX Member

I think it goes back to the color choices. On a silver car, lighter silver wheels look strange to mee. If the wheels were darker (powder coated??) then it might look better. That black s2k is very nice, but the spoke design is very simple unlike the BBS which have that center channel to catch light and make it look odd.

16. SnarkBreeder

SnarkBreeder Member

Eh, I think that looks pretty goofy too. Oh well, it's just a matter of opinion.

17. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

I kinda like the S2k w/ the BBS wheels.

18. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Yuck! I hate it! Give me back my wheels!

19. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

:) Indeed, will order the 255/40-17 Victoracers soon for them and stick them on your car instead of going with the v710s on the Rotas.

I decided that I like the stock s2k wheels better on the car.

--
    Brian

20. Trey

Trey Active Member

Me want the RE070's. ;)