what is up w/ the Braves?!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ShaneSTI, Jun 16, 2006.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

well just got back from Turner Field and yet another loss by the Braves. out of 18 games...15 are loss.ugh anyone else go the games?

2. apssti

apssti Member

i try to go to as many as i can but iam kinda far, they have no pitching this year, i will be at the game vs baltimore on the 1st

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah tim just ain't cuttin it. he walked a few tonight.grrrr i'll be at the Sunday game v the Sox again. i leave next week for 2 months so unfortunately i'll be out of pocket for a bit.

*edit..whoa just saw that tonight was the highest this season for attendance at 51,038 (101% full). glad i left at the end of the 8th inning.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  4. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

They playing like crap now but some kind of way they always make it to win the div. we'll see if they can pull a rabbit out of the hat again.

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

they are masters at doing that, but i don't think it's going to happen this year.

i wonder how they would be playing if McCann didn't get hurt? but then, he can't help the pitching either.

Bobby Cox is a great manager, the only fault i see in him is he has a tendency to over manage a game. i hate it when he takes out a relief pitcher who is just on fire. and then replace him with another and all of a sudden they just scored 3 runs.

6. savsuby

savsuby Member

I just got back from the game against Boston. They just dont have any pitching. I had great seats four rows up in left field but Manny R. didnt play neither did Chipper.

7. Deke

Deke Active Member

It's just turning into a joke now. They seem to be up almost every game and then give up the win.

8. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

*pours salt into open wound*

how bout them Mets? ;)

9. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

the problem is the closers not -throwing strikes-.

most of the runs we lose are because of walks. 1 gets walked, 2 gets walked, no outs and then they get batted or homered in.

Smoltz pitched a great game tonight by all accounts, made strikeouts, and got out of tight situations. Left the game 1 run behind...and the closers, well....

Also, the Jones' seem to have forgotten how to bat before tonight.

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

well we're at 8 consectutive game losses now! WTF?! i have completely given up on our pitching staff besides smoltz. i too was at the boston games, and couldn't believe how much louder the boston fans seemed over the atl. c'mon this is OUR house whether we're winning or losing. i dunno...i'm just speechless i guess on the whole thing.