What to expect for WRXatlanta.com v3.5

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Mar 6, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Here is what we have been working with, if you would like to something changed or would like to make a suggestion, please do so in this thread (or the other thread, What can we do to improve your WRXatl browsing experience ? ). There will be more to come this week, so stay tuned! :wiggle:

News & Announcements for v3.5
    WRXatlanta.com Shirts, Thongs, & More! (Holding off on this till further notice)
    Username Change Request Thread

Poll: Signature Images – Yes or No?
    There has been some talk about people wanting images removed from signatures. One major reason is people posting NWS material in their signatures and unfortunately moderators can't always catch it. I am willing to take a poll on the issue and assuming it gets atleast a couple hundred votes (in hopes that this would accurately reflect the entire community) I would be willing to let it determine the fate of signatures on this board.

We'll see how this goes, my guess is we'll run the poll for a week or two. If it's really close (51% to 49% or something like that) we'll let it run until there is a clear winner or a good portion of the community has voted.

Please vote either Yes, No, or I don't care, about whether images should be allowed in user's signatures. Thanks!

WRXatlanta Arcade!
    For those of you that enjoy WRXatlanta off-topic, you're going to love this.

Introducing the WRXatlanta Arcade! Just click on the "Arcade" link in the blue or pink navbar at the top of any page to play many of your favorite arcade games. Compete with your fellow WRXatlanta members and see who can achieve and hold the high score for each game . If you set a high score for a game you'll earn a trophy next to your name, and people can see your "Arcade Awards" by clicking on your name.

You can also set your "Arcade Options" by going to your User CP. There are options there for things like accepting challenges, instant notifications when your high score has been beaten, etc.

Let the games begin!

WRXatlanta Blogging
    For those of you that enjoy life stories and journal entries, this will be for you!

You can now further open up your daily life to the WRXatlanta community. Discuss drinking habits, family fun and even your Subaru. You can edit your blog by going to your User CP.

WRXatlanta Gallery
    This is an overall update of our previous Garage. Not much new here really. There are now statistics and additional options. It also provides us with a nice little randomization ability which we will be employing on the new front-page (coming soon!) Plus, it runs smoother. Enjoy!

Forum Skin Changes, Additions, Updates
    Version 3 is obviously now version 3.5, featuring new graphics from the Road Atlanta photoshoot; similar design & colors, improved flow.

Widescreen is finished, meant for dark browsing, unofficially known as version 3.5 dark. Changed colors here and there.

Sub-forums now visible on forumhome and are directly linked. This is a small time saver, and helps link the user directly to that forum rather than browsing all of the sub-forums individually.

Posts in off-topic now NO LONGER increase your post count.

User Feedback / Rating System
    This is a rating system for when members buy / sell / trade items from each other in the garage sale. It is somewhat based on the honor system since there is no automatic way to truly tell if they did engage in a transaction. This is a system similar to ebay and will display in the user's info. For example,
    Improved, on-forum paypal donation system
    This system will be easier for everyone, and will have 3 or 4 options ($5-$25) and a custom amount for donation. This way, if you would like to donate, you never have to leave the forum to do so ;)

2. blink

blink Member

Sounds awesome, can't wait to see the new site, let me know if i can do anything.

3. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

It sounds super cool , as far as the signature thing goes it matters not to me. I kno mine is rather big , Im just kinda computer dumb so I dont kno how to make it smaller.

4. Demo24

Demo24 Member

Sounds good. As for the signature, why not make it so the user can select weither they want it to be displayed or not? As in say "xxx" member has a sig, but "yyy" member does not wish to see it. "yyy" member goes into their options and deselects seeing signatures.

5. Alex

Well, as it stands, you can turn off signatures.

6. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

feedback huh? this should get interesting

7. Alex

Dont worry, its entirely controlable ;)

8. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

strippers and beer?

9. Alex

We prefer to referr to them as Lingerie Models. :naughty: