What would have you done?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ShaneSTI, Mar 24, 2005.

1. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

Well as some of you know, I'm back in Guam for another year. I decided to keep my STi back in Buford w/ my parents. Guam sucks for cars because of how salty the air is. Cars rust here and the roads suck ass here. Another thing is shipping it from GA to Guam is like 3k and I'm scared it would have gotten trashed in the shipment. However, being back in Guam I really wish I had the car here with me. What would have you done if you were in my shoes. Bring it here and hope it doesn't get jacked up for keep in with your folks for a year. Just wanted to see what others would have done.

Shane

2. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i would have left it in the states..just as you did

3. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i think so too, but damn i miss driving it. i only had like 3 weeks from the day i bought it to drive it, then bam i was on a plane back to the rock.:crying:

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Did you know that 3 weeks after buying it you were going to be in Guam?

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

lol..sure did. i'm not sweatin it...i'll come back in a year and the car will have less than 3k miles on it. nice and ready for an ecutek and TBE.:bigthumb:

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

yeah, keepin it here was a good idea, but make sure one of your parents or one of your friends stops by every other or every third day and starts you car and lets it idle till warm and then revs it a bit. plus make sure, since no one is driving it, that the gas is flushed a couple of times during the year.

Akex/RX-8

7. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Might make more sense to occasionally take it out and just drive it... if your parents can't do it, have a trusted friend take it for a spin.

8. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

as much as I love my baby.. I would have done the same as you. It's just going to make it that much better when you get home!

9. married05gt

married05gt starting over

Hey shane since I live like 2mins from your folks I will Bite the bullett and take it out for a drive every other day for u.:hahano:

Unless u dont trust me or something:naughty:

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

:hahano:

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i can vouch for john... ;)

12. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i've had only one other person drive my car & that was Tom'sWRX.

it's not that i don't trust my friends, it's just if something were to happen... I don't want to have to kill them.... and that would suck:(

-drums

13. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

lol...thanks for the offer john.:p however, my father is going to drive it once every 2 weeks to work and back which is in braselton. thats a good 15 miles one way. you guys are right though, when i get back it'll be one of the most things i'll be looking forward to. one question....what have you guys seen to be one of the best outdoor car covers? i was looking at the Noah by Covercraft. Goes for about 170 bucks. suggestions?

14. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

^^^^hmm, best covering for a car outdoors???:confused: a GARAGE:D :D :p . i really have no idea but make sure its water proof yet breatable, the last thing you want is hot moisture trapped next to your baby, my grandfather had to repaint his old BMW 2002 because the car cover he had didnt breath and caused the paint to bubble(and things of that nature).

15. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

yeah i know what you mean dude. the Noah is "supposed" to be one of the best. waterproof, breathable, blocks all UV rays, etc, etc. i know my father will wax it once a month and detail it. he's VERY maticulous with his cars.:bigthumb: