what would u do?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by knhtrdr, Mar 1, 2006.

1. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

So ya need furniture for your new place, you don't have that much company commin by got a bed desk ect. no kids single life to da fullest. do you

A: get stuff for the house or

B: mod to your hearts content.

C: mod a little, furnish a little

oh what to do :naughty: hmm..
    :eek:hnoes:

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Once I own my own house, hopefully within the next few months, my car modding will be very minimal if at all. I think fixing up the house would be priority number one, then once the house is in nice order, the car modding can start again.

3. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'll check with my wife, but i may have kitchen table and chairs you can have. very retro. white tulip chairs and a cool, small porcelain table. red and white.
    the chair pict is exacty the same, but not as yellowed and that's as close as i can get with the table. one piece with black wire legs.
    anyway, let me know you're interested.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  4. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Hmm. Mod it like a mo-fo. JK

I'd say furnish a little and mod a little just because it seems like the sensible thing to do. You just gotta remember not to get stuff that's too heavy. :D

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Why not buy mods and make furniture out of them, that would accomplish both worlds :)

6. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

actually that was my first thought!!:rofl:

7. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

it says "House" but means apartment.

8. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

yeah mod out your car first off and then when you buy a house then plan on buying stuff for the house

9. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Find a nice medium :)

Becareful once u get the house. Projects neverend. :) If you want to learn to tile house swing on by. LOL big home project of the year..

Last edited: Mar 2, 2006
  10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I want to do hardwood when I get my house, that will be my first big project.

11. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

That's funny! i suckered a buddy into carring just the backerboard up from my garage. he left immediately after that. good luck. :fawk: let me know if you have questions. :rofl: :rofl:

12. lostinthewoods

If u go hardwood please dont glue it down. I am ripping all our hardwood up right now and it was glued to the slab. Its a freaking job in itsself. Hammer and crowbar then you have to scrape all the glue off with a huge scraper.... gettin buff thou :)

*what was that superdude. You want to lay tile .. hehe

13. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Hardwood's pretty easy, just aggravating and time consuming. Think of it as an uppipe install that lasts for dozens of hours.

14. Get free or secondhand furniture. sign up for freecycle.com and get all the free furniture you can from people getting rid of theirs. We've gotten a sleeper sofa, chair-and-a-half, guinea pigs for the kids, and other assorted stuff from there, all for free.

15. lostinthewoods

interesting site. help me get rid of some things at home :)

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah, I'm a little car crazy right now :drool: my friends will understand when I pass them:p ... oh wait I do that already

17. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Are Guinea Pigs considered furniture now?

18. Deke

Deke Active Member

Just buy some sweet racing seats for the car, and use the stock seats as your livingroom set.

19. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

When I wrecked my 02 WRX and didn't think I would ever own another I was toying with the Idea of turning my Prodrive P1s into barstools. I still would like to do it at some point, maybe not with my P1s, but with another set of rims.

My friend back in PA made his Mustang stock seats into Lounge Chairs and they were awesome.

20. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

i'm thinking of getting a large piece of glass + my old tires and make a coffee table

21. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Don't forget Craigslist. You have to be a little patient, but if you check often enough, you can find great deals on just about anything....

22. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

If you want a futon hit me up...

23. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I actually have a nice looking coffee and end table set (3 tables total). I am sure the wife would part with them for $50. They are wood, brushed aluminum and glass. If interested, I can post pics....

24. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

*cough* IKEA *cough*

25. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

:rofl::rofl: great Idea!!