Whats the deal with Toyota Venzas?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GTscoob, Jan 23, 2009.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I cant seem to find much info about these cars, does anyone have any personal experience with them? My mom is finally trading in her minivan and my late grandfather's car to purchase one, I'm just wondering if it'll be a decent car.

So far it looks to be an alright station wagon. No sliding doors is obviously a detractor but its not a minivan so I'm not sure if I can compare fully.

I think they're picking one up today so I'll have to wait a few weeks for her to break it in so I can get a good review. 278HP V6 paired with a 6spd auto attracted me to the idea of the Venza being a fun car, but I think it weighs a hair under 4000lbs; either way it beats the Oldsmobile Silhouette she's been driving for 10yrs.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

Its a Toyota. Nuff said. They last forever.

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

why does she need a minivan? do you have little brothers and sisters to truck around?

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

I've never even heard of a Venza.

[image searched] Looks alright though.

5. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

You remember who we're talking about here.
    Even if they are "little", I'm sure they're really not that little. :rofl:

6. Just came out,its kind of a camry wagon(but don't let anyone from Toyota hear you say that).The motor is straght out of camry,sienna,avalon etc,I think the 2wd trans is the camry 6 speed and the awd setup is prob. from the awd sienna.Toyota had some problems with the 6 speed auto. when it first came out,but that should all be worked out by now.It should be a very well built/reliable vehicle to own,and check it out you can get 20's on it from the factory.I think it might ride a little higher than a regular car but its not really for off-roading..

7. cleanmachine

cleanmachine Member

I read a review about it in New York times i found. Includes alot of Lexus type refinements and luxury and is based off of the camry platform, hence the car-like handling. I think it will be a nice ride.

8. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Mazda5 FTW....coolest compromise of on a minivan out there right now...but if she's already purchased, post some pics....

9. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

She seemed pretty set on buying one today, its a replacement for her minivan since she doesnt need to haul 3 kids around anymore. I'll get some pics next time I go home.

10. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I am sure is is nice, but I think Toyota's are numb to drive - can't feel anything from the road and car does not give feedback. Very comfortable and reliable though!

11. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

i read the title and totally thought this was goin to be a jerry seinfeld joke

12. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009
  13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Reminds me of a fx

14. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

15. Oh no you figured it out.Its the bastard child of a Camry and Fx35.

16. WRXCoupe

WRXCoupe Active Member

Everything is the bastard child of something these days