Where and how to scrap this car?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by stirhino, May 31, 2012.

1. stirhino

stirhino Member

Ok. I bought this 07 STI on auction it was sold as "Part Only" "No title" my only plan was to part the car out which is what I did. Now I'm left with this junk shell that I need to get rid of. I have attempted to take it to Newell Recycling 2 times now with zero success. The first time was with zero paper work. They told me it needed a title, I told them it was sold with no title as parts only the supervisor said then I should have the paper work that is given from the auction showing that. So today I went back with all the paper work, 1) bill of sale from the auction showing parts only, 2) the invoices from the auction showing I bought and paid for the car from them, 3) screen shots of the auction showing all the info (VIN, price paid, No title, and pictures).

The VIN numbers are still all on the shell, the VIN number is on all the paper work. So this time the supervisor (same one as the first visit) tells he needs the title. I told him the same crap there is no title bla bla bla... So he says the same thing as the first visit, bla bla bla. I tell him that the first time I was there he told me to bring in the paper work from the auction showing that is was sold without title and for parts only. So now I have that and your telling me something else wtf? He said I have to go apply for a title, get the title then bring it back! This is crap I'm not going through all the headache, time and money of trying to get a damn title for a piece of junk!

So..... Where or how can I get rid of this without just giving it away? I would of course like to get a couple of hundred bucks out of it rather than just dropping it in a ditch. :hsnono: I also dont feel like cutting it up into little pieces and taking it back.

What is aggravating to me is there are all these trucks pulling up with truck loads of crushed cars and I know they don't have titles for the 20 crushed cars on the back of there trailers. I also understand they are trying to make sure stole cars aren't getting crushed, but come on I have the the paper work showing I own the damn piece of trash.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

get a plasma cutter and host a BBQ one day.

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

fuck it - there's no title, there's no way to track it back to you. Drop it off on their front door and give them the finger.