Where to buy gauge pods in town?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by moose, Feb 11, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Quick question.. I'm looking for a generic 52mm / 2 1/16" pod to mount my boost gauge on the steering column. I checked the usual suspects locally, and all they had were pods for a-pillars. Any suggestions where I could find one in the Atlanta area?

2. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

I bought mine at Pep Boyz. I special ordered. It was autometer brand gauge cup. I had to pick it up like 3 days later. I think any major tuner shop will have them in stock.

3. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

oh yeah, Madavi Motorsports had them on stock when i went there last time.

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Any of those places close to the east side (Stone Mountain / Snellville) area?

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Madavi Motorsports is off Jimmy Carter, Knowledge Performance is in Kennesaw, TopSpeed is in Alpheretta, Batlgrounds is in ATL i think, I might be wrong. If that helps any....

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Yes, unless BATL has moved, they're in Atlanta, in fact in the business park across from the Red Cross Center by 85 (Exit Amore Dr) -- they're right nextdoor to a my friend's studio.

7. married05gt

married05gt starting over

I went to 3 diff pepboys all they had were POS gauges and POS pods.

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I didn't have time to go looking this weekend, but spent some more time looking at interior pics of WRXs. Decided that I really do like the Autometer bezel for two gauges. Figure that can hold EGT and boost gauge. Gonna order it next week. :D

9. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

that one looks real clean when installed

10. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Spring for the Ecutek ECU Data Monitor!!!:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

11. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

I've actually looked at that one. Very cool looking device. If it can monitor enough stuff I might well go for that later down the road.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i have it too and am very happy with it

13. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

It's the bomb I love mine as well!!!

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I really like the ecutek delta dash display that milo and mike have but I didnt know about it when I got my gauges.

Maybe I'll upgrade down the road when I've got more money, but until then my cheap autometers work.

15. married05gt

married05gt starting over

$100.00 cheap gauges $800.00 ecutec dash mount
    hmmmmmmmmm

for me the cheap ones although when I road in milos car it was pretty damn sweet

16. longfury

longfury Active Member

I am thinking about the DIN mount as i am getting ready to change out the head unit in my car.

17. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

nice think bout the ecutek display is that u can monitor parameters that u cant even buy gauges for... plus it displays EXACTLY what the ecu sees

18. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

mmm humm.....:bowdown:

19. longfury

longfury Active Member

Is it really worth the near 700 bucks though? What can it display that you can't get gauges for? I have seriously thought about it and i am going to have an open DIN when i change head units. I dunno if i wann just put a pocket there or one of the ECUtek displays.

20. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

21. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

knock correction, advance multiplier, ignition timing advance, wastegate duty cycle, injector duty cycle, etc... i dont think u can buy gauges for some of these