Which beer to fill my half-barrel keg with?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Galimore, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Which beer to fill a half-barrel with?

1. Miller High Life

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Miller Lite

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Coors Light

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Warsteiner

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Some other import (list below)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  6. Some other piss-domestic (list below)

4 vote(s)
    30.8%
  1. Galimore

Galimore Member

If you were buying a keg for a big local house party (ages 22-29), what would you fill it with? If I were filling it just for me it would be Warsteiner or Pilsner Urquell but gotta get something piss-light for all the Fayette crowd. I love Rocky Mountain's High Life draft but I've had some at other bars that was craptastic. Miller light kegs have also served me well in the past. I refuse to fill it with Bud Light or PBR, sorry.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

PBR...

IF I'm going to drink crappy beer....I drink really crappy beer. I want a beer that hasn't won an award since 1842.....I drink PBR

3. Galimore

Galimore Member

:rofl: nice

4. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

[​IMG]

should make everyone happy.

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

:rofl:

I agree, though...I like PBR better than bud light, but piss water is piss water. You could fill it full of PBR and tell people it's Heiny water (which is worse than piss water...it's ass water) and 99% of your guest probably wouldn't know the difference.

6. jeb

jeb Member

Why not get a barrel of Jack Daniels instead, it'd be one hell of a party

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

die in a fire. :unamused:

8. Galimore

Galimore Member

:rofl::rofl: Sorry that's all we ever drink when we're in Fayette and I'm sick of it. Jack Daniels would be nice, but kegstands would lead to hospital visits. Heineken is good but IMO not good enough to merit the huge difference in price for a keg :)

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

I laugh everytime there is a beer thread because there are so many picky-ass beer drinkers on this site.

Haha anyways, could you do Yuengling? I don't know if it's the new to Georgia factor, but everyone I know seems to like it. And it's no so heavy that I'd imagine you'd get complaints. Seems like a nice medium. I would say stop being a pussy and get Natty or Keystone, but I figure a slightly older crowd would enjoy a slightly better beer. :)

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'm not a picky beer drinker, I just don't drink shit beer. much like how I don't eat at mcdonalds

11. Galimore

Galimore Member

True...I loved it when it was never available but now that its $9 at my local grocery store I've grown tired of it. Never had it draft though. Mac's doesn't have it listed on their site but I'll ask when I call and see what the $$ difference would be. Thanks

12. Galimore

Galimore Member

Bud Light isn't shit beer?

13. Deke

Deke Active Member

I think "snobby" was the word I was looking for :)

14. Galimore

Galimore Member

lol true. Me personally if I'm buying I won't get cheap shit but if it's free I'll drink anything that isn't tequila.

15. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

I'm not picky, but I prefer specific beers

He works for Anheuser Busch

16. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

budlight is shit beer. just trying to stay employed :)

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

Quite true for me too, minus the tequila part :)

18. Galimore

Galimore Member

Haha no beef then, I used to drink a lot of Bud Select and BL was my only option until I was 21 - so I've done my share supporting your company.

19. Jake

Jake Active Member

coors light is decent from a keg, otherwise i'd never drink it. and its stoopid cheap.

otherwise i'd say yeungling.

20. yea all they drink around here is bud light and it gets tiring after a while but im sure all next week while down in pcb it'll be bud light, keystone or nadies(all in that order)

21. '05limited

'05limited Member

Shiner blonde is 104.99, sweetwater 420 is 109.99, pilsner urquell is only 99.99 here in athens for a keg... If it hast to be cheap-cheap: Michelob amber bock (73.99) or Killians (69.99)

22. schneid

schneid Member

miller lite, no questions asked. ive hosted approx. 30 keggers in my life and youve gotta do bud light or miller lite, and miller is better.
    I love terrapin, sweetwater, sam adams, guinness, etc. but you just dont fill a keg of that stuff for a kegger. you dont get pbr unless you are at some 'house party' where some emo band is playing or if its gonna be a bunch of greasers. Not my thing. And you dont get keystone, natty, milwaukees best, etc. because they taste like piss, and while the men will initially bitch, we will all drink it, but the women will say 'ewwww'. theres my .02

23. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

For a house party, this is the ONLY beer to buy. It's cheap and everyone can drink it. Men, women, boys, and girls. I've had 5-6 keg parties here and when I bought *nice* beer people got mad because it wasn't their favorite *nice* beer. Can't win for losing, but everyone accepts BL.

Probably because most bars only need to change the keg every 2 years because HL tastes like Lance Armstrong's uni-ball sweat wrung out of his spandex cycling shorts on the last day of the tour de France.

And if you'd like to borrow my set of two-story tall racing funnels let me know. Nothing says drunk like 48oz. of beer in 4-5 seconds. :drool:

24. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

Fixed that for you...

25. pankopp

pankopp Member

total wine sells kegs of Dogfish Head 90 minute for only about $279.... go with coors light, its the best cheap beer in my opinion..

26. Galimore

Galimore Member

:rofl: Some great feedback, thanks all. Sounds like we need to have a WRXAtlanta kegger to settle the debate :wiggle:
    Oh and bring those

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  27. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Heineken?!

Dennis Hopper disagrees.

But seriously, Yuengling is the answer.

28. Hankc04

Hankc04 New Member

keystone keg 60 bucks...

29. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I'm trying to knock out another passport thing at TacoMac and I actually drank a Bud American Ale last night....you know its pretty good. I mean its not some hopped up high gravity but I would consider drinking another one.

30. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I'm considering having a wrxatl kegger at the lake this summer... =D

31. Galimore

Galimore Member

Do it

32. Galimore

Galimore Member

Going with Miller Lite. Thanks for the feedback.

It's damn hard to plan a surprise party with 30-40 ppl...

Anyone have any great middle-of-the-night entertainment ideas for big group?
    Have pool table, wii sports, beer pong setup - maybe a poker table for card drinking games. Anything I'm missing?

+ music of course

33. 07Ltd#767

We play a modified version of this game: Baseball Beer Pong. It's great for big groups, as you can play up 9v9. Our modification is once you're on base, defense selects a catcher for each base runner. The base runner can steal the base by drinking the side drink and then playing flip cup (racing the catcher 1v1). If you have multiple base runners, you have multiple catchers. We also play no bouncing (unless you have a vagina), and if you hit the cup but don't make it it's a strike...3 strikes = out. Missed the cup = out. If the defense catches the ball after it's bounced off the cups (before hitting anything else) = out...hopefully that's clear enough.

Btw, you will go through beer really quickly w/ this game, especially if you play smaller teams.

34. Galimore

Galimore Member

That sounds like fun - maybe more of a beginning of the night game due to its complexity and probability of lots of spilled beer with the 'catching' :). We'll give it a shot, thanks

35. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Miller lite?
    GO FUCK YOURSELF

:unamused:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  36. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i would NOT play wii with drunk people.

37. Galimore

Galimore Member

Just wii bowling with forced wrist straps - on a very old tv that I dont care if it breaks.

38. 07Ltd#767

Are you kidding? Guitar Hero and Rockband are games you're ONLY allowed to play drunk :rofl:

39. Galimore

Galimore Member

Haha yea I'm going to have that setup at the end of the night once the crowd thins out

40. Deke

Deke Active Member

Awesome, my friends and I play Baseball all the time. We usually just stick to 2 vs. 2 though and if you don't make a cup it's an out (no strikes). Also either player is allowed to steal and either player on the other team is allowed to be the catcher. But yeah basically the same. And yes, if you play a decent game you can go through some serious beer.