Whiteline Adjustable 27-29mm FSB

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by Alex, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

[​IMG]

Lets start things off with a bang! Stock 2004 STi FSB (19mm) compared to the stouty Whiteline. Now, I have not taken this to the track yet, but for the hell of it, this is what the front end looks like with the stock bar and a 22-24-26mm adj. rear.

[​IMG]

Notice the lift on the inside. This demonstrates the ability, or rigidity for that matter, of the stock bar with springs and a rear sway. Nifty isnt it? :bootyshak

First impressions? This bar is not exactly light, however, I a firm believer of solid bars. This puts the weight where I want it. It comes painted in Whiteline's classic WRXatlanta silver and is packaged in a horribly designed boxed covered with slogans that should never have left the 1980's. "Good Stuff!" comes to mind. Seriously, I do not buy GI Joe figures anymore. I need sexy ladies on the box if I am going to buy something now.

Install? Not very difficult if you have ever installed a front sway. Come to think of it, I suppose that makes plenty of sense. Drop the subframe, fast forward 30 mins and the bar should be in. Need I say more?

DAYUM, it is extremely noticable on the lowest setting (27mm) that the car now has a tree log of support as opposed to the twig that was on there prior. Turn-in is improved 10 fold, the front end feels nimble, almost eager to take turns. Any notion of understeer is gone. The car feels quite neutral with a tad bit of oversteer (as it should), and further reinforces why I love my sti more and more each day I drive it.

I am excited to take it out to the track, hopefully soon, and I will add more to this review then. Until then though, I'd like to thank BrianGT for the bar and his garage.

Cheers,

2. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

what no endlinks? ;)

3. STiLLsLow

STiLLsLow Member

im looking to get this along with the rear 24mm sway bar. thanks for the review!i cant wait to get them on..

4. Alex

Not necessary (for me right now). There is 0 performance difference between the whiteline endlinks that SoG sells and the sti endlinks that are stock. I infact, found out that during the install day, that we destroyed my front right endlink. They were out of stock for the OEM STi endlink, so Scott and I opted to try and fix the stock till Friday. If you want more weight and aluminum bling, then by all means, the whiteline's are for ya!

However, its improtant to note that for a WRX, upgrading your endlinks is a necessity if you wish do to any sort of serious handling / stiffening upgrades. Considering the WRX's are plastic, I think its understandable. What I do not see is a lot of WRX owners buying STi endlinks, they just go straight to the big boys.

Nevertheless, if you're looking for adjustability, there are plenty of options (poltec, etc). If I ever feel like I need it, I'll get some. Until then, I'm enjoying my current setup (review to come soon).

5. Meredith

Meredith Banned

I'm glad you like it Alex.

6. monk

the stock WRX rear endlinks are plastic, but the fronts don't look all that different fron the STi endlinks(they felt like metal-weight when i held them but i could be wrong)... the Sti just looks a little (in mm) thicker. my biggest concern for the stock front endlinks was the *very* flexible ball joints, which the sti's have as well. the whiteline links have no joint, just very stiff bushings.

i would be interested in feeling a sti with whiteline bar/stock links and a sti with whiteline/heavy(non-ball joint) endlinks. if seigel's saying there's no difference, then i'm apt to believe it. i just don't think that the finer/quicker articulation of the bar would be felt with ball joints.

now from a strenght perspective, there may not be much difference at all. i'm not sure just how much you can throw at the sti links.

7. Alex

We'll be finding out soon, you're more than welcome to take a ride anytime man.

8. Goose013

Goose013 Member

9. monk

i would like to check it out sometime, i haven't had a ride in your car before anyways. it must feel DAMN nice with the bars and the new coilovers :)

10. Alex

Its pretty damn impressive, considering I still have the destroyed front endlink. Should have a new one coming on Friday.

11. monk

lol, yeah it's amazing what sin the coilovers can hide ;)