Whiteline F & R endlinks

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by monk, Jan 9, 2006.

1. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

I installed the Front and Rear Endlinks yesterday, and I am REALLY glad I did.

First a note on install: you cannot do this with jackstands, the body and wheels must be raised together or-you can be a dumbass like me and do it flat on the ground. for the removal you'll need a 14mm socket and hex key, (for the front), and 14mm socket and wrench or vice grip.

the front install was a pain in the ass, use the spacers they give as you need them, otherwise they wont fit (for me) if you use all of them. I also had to reverse the bolt direction (from what they showed) on the control arms or the bolt would be rubbing the sway bar. NOTE: bolt the links to the arms first (so you have clearance for the bar bolts).

the rear was really straight forward, no problems. for intstall you'll need 2 17mm sockets, wrenches, or a 17mm and a vice grip for the front and rear bolts/nuts.

I installed the fronts first, then went for a drive... the rear felt pretty loose by comparison. see below for comparison pictures... a WORLD of difference.

After both front and rears were in, i went for another drive. the car feels crisp and clean in it's handling... I originally did this upgrade for breakage concerns... but you are NOT getting the full benefit of your aftermarket sways unless you put the links on too. the difference is quite surprising. very sharp handling, very solid feel through turns. Once I get these on the track I'll have more to write, since I will really be pushing them at speed.

Supporting mods...
    okay most of you who me, know that my car is anything BUT stock on suspension, so i can't say these links are manna from heaven, but definitely get these if your going with aftermarket bars. TOTALLY worth it.
    Here's the handling rundown:
    Whiteline: F & R adjust bars, Steer rack bushes, F&R endlinks
    Tein: flex coilovers (adjust height, damp clicks 10 front x 8 rear, spring preload, toe, yada, yada)
    Prodrive: pff7 18x8 wheels wrapped with track beaten yokos

okay, here's the photos...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2006
  2. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

where did you get your endlinks.... local or online

3. monk

got 'em from SoG ;)

4. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

how much are they there

5. monk

i would just call em and ask for lisa... i honestly don't remember off-hand, i bought them a little while ago, and when you do get a price, remember to ask them about the wrxatl discount. if i remember correctly i think they were about 100/pair

6. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

cool thanks bro

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ah, I'll have to check these out soon :)

8. 1984

1984 Member

Just installed the fronts and yeah, they are a pain in the ass. I managed to fit all the washers as instructed, but I had to reverse the bolt on the control arm too.