Who knows DSM's????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by undrgrndrdr15, Aug 30, 2010.

1. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

I know its kinda the other side of the pond for us subaru guys but anyone on here have a good knowledge of the 4g63t or 1g dsm's???

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Wirelessly posted (From Your Mom's House: Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) T-Mobile_Rhodium)

are you finally putting that laser together?

Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
  3. undrgrndrdr15

bahahaha... been slowly but surely getting the motor together and sourcing nuts and bolts... im left at the final bit of assembly and then install... need some help with the last bits to make sure everything is right!

but yes i am lol

4. ballistic

ballistic Member

Topspeed, they are doing a 1000hp dsm build right now

5. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

Shawn at Forged knows more about DSM's than anybody I've ever known. He had a huge part in building the DSM that already made over 1,000whp and his DSM makes over 600whp off the bottle ;)

Siegel

6. Matt@Topspeed

Matt@Topspeed Member

DSM's are really all that complicated, the design is pretty basic.

If you are in Canton and its something simple I know a couple of shops on that side of town I could suggest. Just give me a ring at the shop.

We would of course be happy to work on it if you want to bring it all the way over here.

Matt

7. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

very easy to work on, i've done quite a bit of work on them. i used to help all my friends put theirs together after rebuilds/etc as well. as for extreme technical knowledge you are better off asking one of those quick to reply shops above :p

what year laser? i had 2 92's with the spoke/style wheels, my favorite dsm honestly

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I miss my old DSM. That engine was rock solid.....now the trans was a different story.

That engine was solid until I got a little boost 'happy'.....LULZ.

9. undrgrndrdr15

it is a 1992 tubro awd laser... bixs you want some free beer to help me install the motor?

10. undrgrndrdr15

im really trying to keep from shops as i dont have the money to pay for labor to just install a motor... i will keep this in mind though if something comes up