Who want's to do some barrel ridin'??? Weehaw...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BelvnAWD, Jul 20, 2010.

1. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I feel bad for the guys, but at least we know its not just Georgia...

2 Men Burned In Racing Fuel ‘Barrel Riding’ Incident

Posted: 3:11 pm PDT July 19, 2010
    SEDRO WOOLLEY, Wash. -- Two men were burned in an explosion in Sedro-Woolley during a practice known as “barrel riding” with racing fuel.

The Sedro-Woolley Fire Department said they responded to a report of a fire and explosion on Sunday at 8:39 p.m. in which two people had been severely burned.

Upon arrival, no fire or building damage was found. The burned men were flown to Harborview Medical Center.

Upon investigation, fire officials learned that the explosion was the result of a practice in which a barrel of fuel is lit with a rider on top, causing the barrel to rocket forward.

Authorities said the men poured about four gallons of methanol racing fuel into a 55 gallon barrel, replaced the large closure and attempted to light the fuel through the small closure while the men sat on the barrel.

Fire officials said the barrel exploded, one end of the barrel was blown 120 feet, and the two men were burned.

The victims' conditions are not known.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't see that buffing right out...

3. TOI

TOI Member

i just read that a few hours ago

4. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'm failing to see how that could not end in catastophe, even if it went as planned. What? does the barral skid forward on the ground? With you riding it like a bull?

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Reminds me of the ACME rocket in Road Runner.

6. techlord

techlord Active Member

Maybe we can get BrokenWRX to give it a try...I have plenty of meth! :D