Why CEL fix when catted...

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by moose, Apr 15, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Just curious. My Helix DP came with a CEL fix, but it's a catted one. Assuming the high flow cat is decently efficient, why would a CEL fix be required at all? Isn't the purpose of the rear O2 simply to monitor that the cat's doing its job?

2. sti4u2nv

sti4u2nv Member

My catted helix DP did not come with CEL fix. Maybe it was included by accident. I wouldn't put it in unless you through a CEL.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Thanks for the reply. I read something about setting a code BECAUSE of the CEL fix (something about slow readings?), so didn't want to install it unless required.

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

is it a splice-fix or the mechanical?

My APS turboback had one cat left and I still would get the PO420 "Rear Cat Inefficiency" code until I wired up the Perrin 02 Simulator.

I would just go with the mechanical CEL fix that spaces the 02 sensor farther away from the exhaust stream. If you need one I've got a spare and I know Scott at SoG keeps them in stock.

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

It's the mechanical one that spaces the sensor out about an inch or so. I have it so will install if needed, but couldn't figure out if the high flow cat was efficient enough to keep it from triggering anything.