Why Indeed Did the WTC Buildings Collapse?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

2. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

all im goin to say and still believes is that there is demolition involved. Nothing more from me.

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

Alright so I've read a few things like this and watched a few videos and yes, everything seems sketchy as hell. My only question is what motives would cause our government to do this?

5. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

That's pretty much where it all falls apart.. unless you buy into the "OMG BUSH DID IT FOR OIL MONEY" 'argument'.

6. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I sometimes think that X-files was too popular in this country. Freaking airliners full of fuel ran into these buildings at a couple hundred miles and hour...what more do you need? Damage that much of a load bearing strucutre and I am pretty sure the majority of the time you will see a collapse...

7. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i took a class first year in college and it was basically all about 9/11. It was supposed to be baout english haha, but my teacher was a conspiracy theorist. All i know is i agree with him, the planes did not take down those buildings. I have had arguments with people about it but its just because people are flag wavin bush fans i guess. I agree though what kind of motives would the government have for htis ya know?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

here's a theory:

there was a good chance the buildings would collapse... however due to pseudo random damage, it would be very likely that the buildings would collapse to a side, thus damaging other buildings and perhaps causing a domino effect... in order to minimize city damage, a good idea would be to drop the buildings on their footprint by utilizing a good demolition crew

now unless this was planned in advance, the crew would have to set up explosives after the planes hit the towers

9. BelvnAWD

It had to be the devil, after all, he was SEEN IN THE FIRE! Having worked in government now for the good part of 12 years, I can tell you, that at no level of government, does the capability or brain power exist to pull this off AND keep quiet what the conspiracy theorists suggest. Sorry guys, I know its comforting to believe that there is some overarching all powerful entity, besides the bibilical one, who controls things, but there just isn't. Now UFO's housed in the desert, that I might be willing to believe....

10. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the UFOs are very possible, the government can cover anything up they want though.

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

fixed for ya

12. BelvnAWD

Like the fact that Iraq DIDN'T have weapons of mass destruction (at least not in the way they were reported to), like the Abrhamoff scandal, like Watergate, like Monica Lewinsky? If they could maintain secrecy on the huge issues that would involve literally thousands of people to pull off, why let these little things leak out? Also, what, politically, did Bush gain by this? His poll number are at an all time low, republicans as a party have seen a major loss of power and influence, and the war in Iraq is dragging on and on. So it could only be the oil and/or weapons industries who are suddenly this powerful? Not buying it, sorry...

13. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

and Oswald shot Kennedy...

ever since that huge cover up i will always question things.

14. BelvnAWD

Far less complex a scenario then what it would have taken to plan 9/11....And with the forensic techniques they had back then, it doesn't suprise me that things didn't make sense...

15. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

16. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

+1

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You mean like this?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

or an alternative interpretation...

[​IMG]

18. jayj713

jayj713 Member

19. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

you know, cuz we're all going to really understand all the factors involved...us...car nuts in north georgia...have the answers...

the predisposition to believe in deception is truly astonishing... ;p

20. mmtasty

mmtasty Active Member

NORTH georgia... plz... I'm from the A T L streetz. word. :pssh:

21. Trey

Trey Active Member

It was pretty much proven that the heat generated by the air plane fuel burning on the top floors of the building weaken'd the structure of the steel and allowed the top floor to collapse on the floor beneath it. Like a deck of cards, the combined weight made that floor fail and fall on the floor beneath it and so on.......

It was horrible.

22. jayj713

jayj713 Member

But the heat from burning fuel isnt nearly enough to melt metal into a pool in the basement of the towers. The steel was certified to withstand temperatures of 2000 degrees for over 3 hours. The heat of jet fuel burning is about 2000 degrees, and in the tower it only burned for a couple minutes at max.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  23. Trey

Trey Active Member

Not true. The company that designed the building said the same thing I quoted. The jet fuel was hot enough to make the steel structure weak, and collapse the one floor the planes hit. That was all it took for that floor to fall on top of it's lower floor, and that floor then couldn't hold the extra weight so it failed on top of it's lower floor. It was a chain reaction and was inevitable.

I suggest you watch the Discovery Channel more. There was a whole thing about this very subject.

http://shopping.discovery.com/product-59265.html

24. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

25. Deke

Deke Active Member

I agree that it seems far off that he would kill thousands of Americans, and I'm not saying I agree with conspiracy theorists (or disagree), just wanted to point this out. Immediately after it happened his approval rating went through the roof. 9/11 brought the country together including the government. Bush screwed himself over with iraq, stupid speeches, and choosing vps that shoot people in the face. 9/11 is not even close to the reason his approval rating is so low. His actions afterwards are the culprit.

26. Trey

Trey Active Member

case closed