Wife's first subaru

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Sixth_Vang, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Sixth_Vang

Sixth_Vang Member

Short Asian girl (4'11, she has to use a box to reach the gas pedal) driving a 2013 Satin White Pearl WRX. Frequently seen in Gwinnett county. She is now obsessed with Subarus and specifically WRX's and will wave to all 11+ WRX owners, lol. I bought it about a month ago for her 24th birthday from Stiver's Subaru. So far the only mods are full debadge, 20% tint, kartboy sts, front and rear shifter bushings, and the group n transmission mount is on the way.

She hated the feel from the stock shifter so I had to remedy that. So far she's real happy but still hasn't really gotten use to the notchy fifth gear.

Anyways just posting because like I said she loves the WRX so much that she'll wave spontaneously at other drivers. That and i'm doing all the modding. Would love to go Cobb Stage 2 but we need the warranty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^Birthday shot. She's the one with the glasses. The other folks are just my immediate family.

2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Awesome wife man. Congrats

3. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Snob. :)

4. Sixth_Vang

Sixth_Vang Member

lol not because she doesn't like them. More likely because she can't identify them yet. She's getting there. She waves at all the BRZ and FR-S guys too. She had a FR-S before this.

5. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

welcome to the Subaru family!

6. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

What made her want to switch over? :wiggle:

7. Sixth_Vang

Sixth_Vang Member

Didn't have enough power I guess. She says that she always felt like she had to be too much of a passive driver when it came to the highway. In the city it excels however.

She does miss the aesthetics, handling and gearbox though. Says it'll always hold a special placed in her heart. She learned stick in this car. She didn't give a rats ass about manual or performance before but the FR-S enticed her into learning for some reason.

My wife actually wants to know why you switched lol

[​IMG]

8. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Hahahah For me, the exact things she misses are the things i wanted. the WRX while being a blistering fast car compared to the BRZ on the straights, lacked the "precise" fun steering i wanted out of my car. Basically, got tired of going fast realizing i can never have enough power and decided to go the handling and driving enjoyment route. On top of that i didn't intend on keeping my car stock. I felt the BRZ would be a better platform for the weekend racing/ Sports car i wanted :)

ps. I love meguiars quick wax! :bigthumb: