Witnessed a beating

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deke, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Deke

Deke Active Member

So a few weeks ago I was working FASET (the GT freshman orientation program). Me and a friend of mine had the morning job of directing all of the visitor traffic. We got stuck on the North Ave location, right on the corner where the interstate exit comes up. Well the morning was going fine for the first couple of hours, a couple homeless encounters, but nothing out of the ordinary. Then about 30 minutes before we were going to be finished, we hear yelling. Across the street (in front of Wingnuts) two homeless people were loudly arguing with each other and circling around like they were about to start brawling. It was a man and a woman (although at the time we weren't sure which gender the woman was). This went on for a few minutes, to the point where we just turned around and started ignoring them because it seemed nothing was going to happen.

Then we heard glass break (I believe the woman was holding a bottle, but not positive). We turn around and see the guy start hitting her with his bag. The woman falls down and the guy immediately jumps on top of her and starts absolutely pummeling her face. At this point, me and my friend started yelling at the guy from across the street. He takes notice of us yet continues to hit her. She wiggles over on her back and he hits her face on the ground a couple of times. He then gets up, delivers a few kicks squarely to her head, and finally walks off.

The woman somehow manages to pick herself up and staggers across the interstate to the BP station. Meanwhile, some other FASET leaders down on the next corner had called the cops. The guy that was involved with the fight just walked down to the next corner, and took a seat (still well within our view). The cops come and we immediately point out the guy and tell them we think the woman is at the BP. We see them pick up the guy, and we hear later that they found the woman. Then we filled out a police report.

It was really one of the most disturbing things i've witnessed in person. The sound of his fist destroying her face was audible from across North Ave. We never went over to where it happened, but the cop tells us that there is blood all over the sidewalk.

So anyways, today I get a letter from the DA about all this witness/victim stuff and that I should call them at my nearest convenience. I really do not want to have to go to the Fulton county court and testify...

Cliff notes:
    -Saw someone get their ass beat
    -Might end up having to testify in court

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

damn man. I witnessed something like that when I was a kid. I lived in Germany and there was a little courtyard in my apartment complex and one day there was a woman surrounded by teenagers in there swinging a broom at them. I had no idea what the hell was going on but a few weeks later police came to my door and had me fill out a report. I was only like 10 at the time.

and what do bum's fight about anyways? I was with some friends in Burger King in Columbus a couple of years ago and these two homeless guys were fighting.

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

...damn.. thats like right next to where i live..

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Damn man, thats why you dont get caught. Real men dont hit women but if you need to beat somebody's ass and they deserve it then do it.

5. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

this is so true!!

6. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Search google for Bum Fights :)

7. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

I seriously doubt that this would ever go to any kind of trial where witnesses would be called. You may just have to give a second statement to the DA...

8. cannarella

cannarella Member

Why?

9. Deke

Deke Active Member

I hope so. It does seem rather cut and dry.

It's just an uncomfortable inconvenience.

10. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

If this happened to your mother, sister, girlfriend or another female you knew wouldnt you want someone who witnessed it to stand up for her. Or would it be ok if they didnt because it was inconvenient? Be a man and do the right thing!

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

What a welcome to Tech!

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

Well damn, way to make me look like a douche bag. I didn't say I wouldn't if it needed to be done. I merely said I didn't want to. Are you and JT telling me that you guys would be looking forward to going to court? (and not that this makes a huge difference, but I'd put money on her being a crack whore).

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. There were at least a few families coming for orientation that drove by as that was happening.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  13. Deke

Deke Active Member

Alright, so I just called, and it turns out that the two people actually live together. They are both getting charged with aggravated assault. And they both are "frequent fliers" as the woman I talked to called them.

I believe she said that the guy got stabbed with the bottle and then started his assault. I guess the domestic thing also explains why he didn't run.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2007
  14. Weapon

Sorry dude..Didnt mean to come off so strong...or did I :coolugh: But I believe it is our duty as citizens of this great nation to enforce the laws within the laws. So going to court to testify against a homeless guy beating a crackwhore is the right thing to do and I would do it without hesitating. But being a crack whore doesnt really change the fact that a man was beating a woman and that shit cant slide.

15. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I have all the DVD's of B.F.K. Its kinda sad but still fun to watch.

16. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

I also have like 50 of these stickers.

[​IMG]

17. Deke

Deke Active Member

I absolutely agree. It still doesn't change the fact that I'd enjoy not going to court more so than going to court. :)

And after talking to the DA's assistant, since it was a domestic dispute she said it probably won't go to trial anyways.

18. Weapon

there are very few things that get me worked up and this is one of them..

19. Deke

Deke Active Member

Are you talking about the beating of a woman or what I'm saying?

20. Weapon

hitting women

21. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i wasn't trying to be harsh either, but kris does have a point. i would go to court. crack head or not she doesn't deserve to be beaten in the face. if my SO stabbed me i wouldn't beat her thats just the way it is. you don't beat on women anytime. just my 2 cents :cool:

22. socrates42

socrates42 Member

they pay you to testify, or atleast for your parking

23. heathbar

heathbar Member

Damn. I would never fight a woman, but if she stabbed me with a broken bottle the thought would cross my mind... :coolugh: