Witnessed Hit and Run

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, May 12, 2009.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Coming home from work today and a red jeep cherokee wasn't paying attention. He started drifting to his right, which was kind of a problem, because a semi was taking that lane. By the time he noticed, he swirved, over corrected, and looked like Joey taking out turn 12 at RA. Both I and the driver to my right saw it happening (he was the car in front of us) and had already slowed down to ~35mph. Debris went everywhere (small junks, nothing harmful) and the semi pulled off to the right side of the shoulder. I look up, and the jeep has taken off.

So here I am, running about 120 up 285 (there was no traffic, we had all pretty much stopped for the accident and traffic in front was long gone) and dialing 911. I follow the jeep into the gas station and two mexicans jump out and start looking over the damage. I'm describing the jeep, plates, driver / passenger to the police officer when they notice me and jump back in the jeep to take off. I asked the dispatcher if she wanted me to follow, but she said she already had three officers in the area that were closing in on our location. I followed him back to 285 before jumping back on and heading home....hope they caught the guys.

Sorry Mike, no pictures of this one, happened too fast. However, I feel I did my good deed for the day, and I still can't believe that happened.

Oh yeah, as it happened, I was leaving a message for one of my customers (on a business call)...all he's gonna hear when he checks it is: holy f*ck, that jeep just nailed that semi - call you in a few.

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

No pics AND you're admitting to being a Super Speeder.

Fail!

;)

edit: hope they get deported...but they won't.

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

damn good Samaritan. What were you driving? Your sti I hope.

4. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

So, were they wearing mexican flags?

5. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

^^ i see what you did there

6. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Very nicely done.

7. 07Ltd#767

I'm still in the beamer, my car's still in a billion pieces

8. Ben@TTR

Ben@TTR Member

hope you didnt get the swine :3mol:

9. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

good job!!! I hope they caught them!! I remember a friend of mine was hit in an intersection he was fine, i turned around and chased them...they were illegal and uninsured..but just remember any laws you violate you can get in trouble...I was written a warning for speeding...catch 22!!!

10. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

never a dull moment when your around:rofl:

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

hmm was this the backup jason and i saw going west on 285 near riverside?

12. Ballzo6

Ballzo6 Member

Did you tell the cops you are a ninja?

13. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

While I appreciate your good samaritan-ness.. I don't think I would have done it... With my luck I would have blown past a cop and got pulled over and thrown in jail... Or worse, cream someone at high speed. Something tells me the cops and court wouldn't give you too much leniency for your story... Like I said, thats just me.. Its good to know that there are still people that give a shit in this world...

14. 07Ltd#767

no, it was near south atlanta on the west side going north

15. 07Ltd#767

if I would've been pulled over I would've gone to jail, because I would've lit into any cop who tried to pull me over while some dipshit took off from the scene of the accident.

and if you would've hit someone, it would have required you jumping the 6' cement barrier in the median...all traffic had stopped for the accident, there wasn't a single person in front of me for about a quarter of a mile.

finally, do all people think like this? because that's bullshit...it's nice to know half of this world doesn't give two shits about everybody else living in it. Glad to know other upstanding citizens have your / my / our back when douche bags like those guys are around...

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Wow! same thing happend to me in Texas a few months back and the chick just drove right into my lane as it was endingright into me and drove off luckily it was just sctraches on my bumper but the car was way more damaged.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I think your misinterperting what I meant. I would like to think I do give 2 shits as you put it about everyone else. I wasn't there in your situation, so I can say what I would have done... From the limited info you did post, I'm assuming since the victim was in a Semi, that he wasn't hurt. And if enough people saw this accident and stopped just as you did, I would think with the description of the truck and where it was heading, they would have found the guys pretty quick. Without the high speed pursuit and possible confrontion with the guys in the truck. Who knows who could have been there and why they ran? The truck could have been stolen and the guys armed... who knows? I'm not judging you for what you did, just pointing out that it could have went wrong pretty quickly. And, as I said in my post, I think its awesome that you do care.. when most people don't.

18. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

My friend was involved in a hit and run in SC. He actually chased down the kid and got his plates...he was only like 19, and also found out that the kid was pretty intoxicated and had mary jane in his possesion. Luckily my friend wasn't hurt, and now has to wait 3 years for a court date because of the backlog...his wife and daughter were in the car also....I hope that this gets resolved. The kid had no remorse whatsoever, but was a bit scared when the deputy showed up at his door.

Mark