Work Emotion XT7 18x9.5 +38 5x114.3

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by LoveMyNewSoob, Jan 5, 2015.

1. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

I have been eyeing these rims for quite some time and might be pulling the trigger finally early this year. I am an idiot when it comes to this stuff though.
    What size tires woudl you reccomend with these? I was thinking 255 35.
    Will I need to do anly fender work? I have regular guy blacks.
    Any other infomation that will help me not feel so dumb would be appreciated too. I have read quite a few of the stickies and this is one thing that is still not completely making sense in my head?:|
    Any other things I shoudl be considering/thinking about?

Thanks everyone.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  2. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I have a 18x9.5 +42 offset on my car. I rubbed just a hair on the rears with a 265 35 18 on it at stock ride height.

If you go with a 255 you will prolly be fine, but I do recommend rolling the rears because it will be quite close.

The fronts I dont have problems with a stock height, but they to will need rolled after the car is dropped.

Since you are looking at an even more aggress offset, ya there will need to be some rolling.

3. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Thanks.
    I just edited the post too as i meant to say 255 35...not 30.
    Also, the car is a daily diver with a couple track days a year, so I would still like functional performance.

4. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

A slight roll in the rear and you will be good to go. I'm running 265-35-18 on 18x9.5 +40 lowered on coilovers. Rolled rears. My fronts are stock. There isn't much to roll up there anyway.

5. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

is this rim and tire size going to look silly on a car that has stock suspension?

6. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

It shouldnt, I'll snap a shot of my car this afternoon.

7. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

yeah, if you have a pic, that would be great!
    I actually just found a guy on NASIOC that posted the exact wheels I want yesterday. Trying to snatch them up...

8. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

My setup is Mach V Wicked Awesome Wheels 18x9.5 +42 with 265 35 18s on them with stock susp.

Middle of the car to the front

[​IMG]

Back of the car looking forward

[​IMG]

Middle of the car looking back

[​IMG]

9. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Thanks! I was actually looking at those wheels for a long time!
    Do you have any shots from the side per chance?

10. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I do but not with the 265s on them. These shots are with factory 245 40 18s on them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These wheels are a great bang for the buck. Cant beat $299 a piece for a good quaility 18x9.5 that was weights 19 pounds.

11. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

Anyone know a local place to get hub rings?
    I am about a day and a half away from pulling the trigger on these wheels. :wiggle:
    Also, I probably going to hold off on getting new tires, as what I have on there now are pretty new. So, these will be wrapped in 245/40 18 Bridgestone Potenza RE760 Sports...will there be fitment issues?

12. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

Shouldnt be, I had the factory dunlops on these before I put the 265s on. There was no rubbing or other fitment problems.

I havent clue on the hub rings.

13. LoveMyNewSoob

LoveMyNewSoob Member

hmmm...will/do I need hub rings?
    Shopping around some shops for these wheels, they were including hub rings...

14. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

For the work ones, not sure. That is a RSutton question, he had the work ones on a WRX for the longest time.

For the Mach V wheels, they are machined for the WRX \ STi so they ware golden out of the box.