World Cup Time --- woo hoo

Discussion in 'Sports' started by lostinthewoods, Jun 9, 2006.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Anyone watching the matches?

I need to get my ass in front of a tv some where!

2. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

what stations are they on?.....ESPN, NBC?...

3. lostinthewoods

I have no clue .. hope someone else would know that.

4. Deke

Deke Active Member

I watched one on Univision for awhile today.

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Poland lost :(

6. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

all games are on either espn or abc. 50 minutes and counting till england plays...on abc

7. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

sweden is on right now.....ABC

8. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

and sweden just tied with trinidad (sp?) and Trin got a red card earlier.

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 have the rights to air the games.

All are in HD too...w00t!

David Beckham's goal was awesome!

10. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

as great as an own goal can get I guess :wiggle:

11. scooby_snacks

scooby_snacks Active Member

England are gonna win this World Cup...mark my words! Brazil won't because they quite simply cannot defend, so just forget about all the endless Ronaldinho hype.

Although we played crappy today, without ever really getting going, we still won in what was an awkward game that could have gone alot worse! I can't wait till Wayne starts playing again, heads are gonna roll!

The Sweden Trinidad game was brilliant to watch! The ref was a disgrace but congrats to Yorke and his boys, nice upset :) The group is playing out well for us.

5 games watched, 59 left to go

12. Deke

Deke Active Member

I know very little about what each country has to offer this year, but I have heard that USA has it's best shot in a long time to make it far. Stephen Colbert was talking about how sweet it would be if USA won a sport that we didn't even care about, and that it would make up for math. Anyways, yeah, I'm sure I'll be watching a lot of games.

13. Trey

Trey Active Member

I wonder if the guy that tipped it in will get murdered when he gets back home. :hsugh: :p

14. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I was glad to see Mexico beat Iran today. The game started a little slow but got really good after that.

Acutally I was flipping back and forth between that and Formula 1 on CBS

15. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

did u know the only guy who never made any goals while playing pro soccer for 20 years str are the goalies.. :D

16. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

10 min warning on the US game

17. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Aaghh! The US team is losing. :(

At least it's against a badass team like the Czech Republic.

18. blink

blink Member

I wouldn't go so far to say badass.. The US has not charged the goal, but 5 times, they are barely running to the ball, they are super slow, and don;t really seem to care.. boom, goal czech republic... thats 3! US you fucking suck.. last time I buy the hype..

What a shitty US team.

EDIT: Scratch what I said about Czech, yes BlueTwo they are badass.. friend was telling me all about them. "czech republic consists mainly of champions league and nearly champions league players.."

Last edited: Jun 12, 2006
  19. lostinthewoods

20. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah. But people who love the game said they really only had a chance to put up a good fight.

Maybe they'll win next time. I think they gotta play Czech again and then it's Italy's turn.

21. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

well Itally won today. they seem like a pretty strong team this year.

22. lostinthewoods

I hope T & T makes some moves. First match was a draw, if they can win the next two its on to the 2 round

23. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah....

I'm not really banking on the US team doing all that well, even though I'd like for them to. The rest of the world..... they'll probably laugh when out team flops but what can you do? I'm more just hoping some of my other favorite teams will win. :D

24. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I'm rootin for England or any underdog that might have a chance....I just hope USA wins one on European soil...since it's never been done before :sx:

25. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Yeah that would be nice. Good luck guys. :usa:

26. Deke

Deke Active Member

aren't we ranked 5th in the world going into this? I hope we can pull out something in the next two games.

27. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

England and Trinadad & Tobago are dukin it out right now. No score yet though with 34 minutes into the game....

England keeps getting so close man! Come on guys. Give it to Beckham again.

28. lostinthewoods

Go T&T..... represent the Carribean :)

29. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

keeping up with the game online at work...T&T is really holding it down so far...they have lots of yellow cards though....

30. lostinthewoods

Its all good. If they can pull out a draw and a win the next match they should move on to the second round :)

31. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

yep yep!

32. lostinthewoods

THEOBALD Densill (18')
    9. WHITLEY Aurtis (19')
    15. JONES Kenwyne (46+')
    1. HISLOP Shaka (47')
    8. GRAY Cyd (56')

yowsers.. T&T better slow down

33. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

gOOOOOOaL woot another one...

2-nil...not too shabby

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  34. lostinthewoods

good match....

35. Argentina is walking away from Serbia right now..... 5-0 with 5 min to go..... Saudi Arabia and Tunisia was an excellent game the other day....... Tunisia with the tying goal in injury time, 93rd minute......

Never mind, Argentina just got their 6th goal in the 88th min..... wow........

36. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

USA tied by luck score is 1-1 hopefully they can pull it off.

37. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

this is bullsh*t

38. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

Ghana looked pretty solid today for sure!!!

USA : two red cards? are the refs getting some sort of incentive for each card they give out?...damn

well we still tied Italy 1-1...still want a win though, but a tie is a start, hopefully they can get a win next match...

Last edited: Jun 17, 2006
  39. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah that ref was passin out reds like candy, only the first one was needed
    tied 1-1

40. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

It's funny how here in the US, most people don't seem as excited about the WC as folks across the pond. I was in ecuador when they won the first match and damn, the whole country partied like I have never seen!

Glad the us could tie it up. Sad i missed the game though. We should get together and watch a game

41. It was a good game, US was a much better team than they were last week..... and with only 9 players by the end of it! I was at work but I was able to sneak away and find a TV :)

Now if the US can beat Ghana and Italy beats the Czech Republic, we'll have a shot at the second round....... :sx:

42. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

I don't know Ghana looks pretty strong

43. They do, and they're gonna be tough to beat if they play anything like they did against the Czech Republic...... and the US has yet to score a goal of its own....... sigh.......

44. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

they did have one...but the guy was off side so the took it away:squint:

45. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

it wasnt offsides it was obstruction since he moved out of the way of the ball.

46. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

47. Deke

Deke Active Member

Anyone watch Korea and France today? Even though a wanted Korea to win, France should of. They got robbed by the officials on one of there goals. The goalie definitely blocked it behind the line. Other than that and a few other shitty calls, it was a really good game.

48. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

tomorrow is US vs Ghana-10AM....if US wins they most likely will advance to the next round :sx:

49. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Italy needs to win also. and i'd HATE to be the keeper for Italy. those Czechs have got to be pissed off.

how the hell am i suppose to get my resume done with soccer on all day every day? job hunting will have to wait :fawk:

50. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

hehe yea i have a job interview tomorrow at 12 and i am debating how i am going to make this all work