Would you if you could?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 5spdfrk, Jun 21, 2005.

1. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I have an opportunity to go to the SRT track experience when it comes to AMS. Basically you go and flog on Dodge's line up of SRT vehicles and get instructions from Skip Barber instructors.

It is $300 for a full day of drag racing, autoX, track, etc. I wasn't really looking to spend the money, but it seems like an opportunity that I would be crazy to pass up.

What are you guys thoughts?

More info here ---> http://www.srttrackexperience.com/home.do

2. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

hell, if you have an opportunity then by all means do it. You get to go there, learn to drive cars better, and may even get an opportunity to drive a viper!

Craig

3. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Go for it, sounds like a fun day of driving, who cares if it is not a Suby. And like Craig said, you may get to drive a Viper.

4. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

I believe driving a viper is part of the whole thing. So I'm pretty sure I would be able to. I was trying to save for sway bars though!:( :D

5. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

sway bars can wait, go drive the viper!!!!

-drums

6. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

LOL, ok I think you guys have about made my mind up!

7. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Don't forget about the SRT10 Ram, I am sure that will be a fun drive also, and of course the SRT4 is hte fAstar

8. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

+1 Vote here, it will be alot of fun!

9. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

hell ya, track experience is track experience,plus you'll pick up some great learning pointers that apply to anything you'll drive.

10. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yeh, I got to thinking that the experience I gain will put my sway bars to better use once I get them.;) Thanks a lot for all the advice. I'm about to sign up right now.

11. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Well, bad news. I signed up, but totally forgot about previous engagments. I was blinded by the thought of being able to drive a viper. So, I had to cancel my reservations.

But the good news is that it will happen again next year, and I will go to that one, and section off the date in plenty of time. Also, the new charger srt8 and grand cherokee srt8 will be there next year.

So, I'm disappointed to say the least, but all in all I think that next year will be even better.

12. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

cherokee srt8?!?!?!

13. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Yup, crazy huh!? Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep is HEMI-ing everything these days.