wow.. what storms

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lostinthewoods, Apr 8, 2006.

1. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Big storms on the way... eeekk:eek3: :eek3:

2. blustreak

blustreak New Member

I hope I'll be alright traveling there in two weeks...

3. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah my mom lives up in Nashville I talked to her last night and the streets were blcoked so she couldn't get home. Still dont know if damage was done to the house yet.:eek3:

4. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

do you ever sleep? and yes it was thundering pretty hard..i always sleep awesome when it rains

5. Brian

Brian Active Member

All the tornado sirens were going off last night and woke us up about 3am. It only lasted a few minutes around 4am but it was really intense.

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Now I know what a tornado sounds like. One passed about a 1/4 mile from my house at about 3:15 am.

Really erie with the sirens going off and then all hell breaking loose.

edit:

actually it was 4:15. I still haven't set my clock ahead

Last edited: Apr 8, 2006
  7. slpymnky

slpymnky Member

I didn't know we had tornado sirens in Atlanta. Last time I heard a tornado siren was in Kansas.

8. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

yeah, there are klaxxons scattered throughout the northside; Kennesaw, marietta, woodstock, acworth, roswell...

9. Demo24

Demo24 Member

woke up last night to some hella hard rain. Couldn't believe how hard it was coming down and was actually conscous enough to sit there and watch it for a couple minutes. Then I went back to sleep as the rain tryed to rip our house apart

10. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

been watching fox news here in guam, and hard to believe all the shitty weather going on over there. i dunno whats worse....tornados or the typhoons here in guam. at least you know a typhoon is coming though. be safe everyone!

11. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i slept through them bad boys

12. The storm woke me up long enough to stumble over to my window and close it, then I went back to sleep...... sounded pretty bad though.....

13. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

good thing it didn't hit ga on the metro side

14. jayj713

jayj713 Member

yea, i slept right through it. My mom was like did you wake up last night? And i was like wake up for what?

15. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

We got lucky in SC. They were calling for larger hail than what I had last Monday but all we got was cold ass rain. Lucky but I was in the shop changing the tranny fluid so I wasn't too worried. We were prepared to lift the Subie all the way up on the lift and park the NSX under it if it started hailing! LOL

16. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

that would have been a pretty good idea..
    make sure the suby is tyte up there resting cause some times the top comes to bottom very ez.. lol.. j/k

17. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

the storms were really bad in my area and tornados right up the street, less then 2 miles, but I was up and didn't notice shit.
    I think it's a farse and just a gang of pink asses with chainsaws

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i believe we drove through it on friday night at 6am... i didnt notice anything cuz i was passed out in the back seat :D

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It was quite an impressive storm, but it kept me up all Friday night and of course cancelled the Masters on Saturday (well, around 1:30PM or so).