Wrecked Evo and need input on body shop

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by keevo54, Feb 4, 2006.

1. keevo54

keevo54 New Member

I was in a wreck yesterday and my front end is messed up pretty bad. I was on Indian Trail going 40mph and the two left lanes were stopped, and a guy in a blazer pulled right in front of me without looking(I was in the far right lane). I hit him and the airbags deployed. My front bumper, fenders, and hood are all not repairable. I had coolant leaking and it appears my intercooler,radiator, etc are all going to need to be replaced. The damage goes back to the front wheels. btw- He was issued a ticket fpr failure to yield.
    Anyways, does anyone have experience with these repair place in Georgia.
    1. World Collision- N. Peacthree Road
    2. Abra Auto Body and Glass- Indian Trail Road
    3. Hendrick Collision Center- On Satellite Bvld.
    Thanks,
    Kevin

2. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Sorry to hear about it. The only one that I have used was Platinum Collision, that that is off Cobb Parkway.

How much did the insurance say the damage would cost to get fixed?

Best of luck,

--
    Brian

3. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

3. Hendrick Collision Center- On Satellite Bvld.
    used them when i got rear ended.. pretty nice servise and they did a nice job... id reccomend them

4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

And they didnt total your car?

I recommend Classic Collision in Buckhead. We can also get you in at Gwinnett Collision for a good price.

5. keevo54

keevo54 New Member

They haven't gotten an appraisal. It is a brand new evo IX with 5,000 miles on it; even though there is a lot of damage to the front I doubt it will be totalled(I just hope the frame and motor mounts did not get repositioned by the impact). The claims associate sounded shocked when she heard the airbags went off(I guess b/c it is expensive). I have tried to contact her but she is out Sunday and Monday and does left at 4:30 today, so my car will have to sit at the tow yard.
    I appreciate all the reviews and hope my nationwide coverage will allow me to replace some of the parts with aftermarket ones, but only time will tell. If anyone else has any input, I appreciate all the help I can get.

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

Gwinnett Collision did my hood and fenders. it looks perfect, you can't tell at all. they even got the stickers for the inside of hood. great guys, no BS.

7. KaamaCat

KaamaCat Member

keevo54. My son (when he had the TurboBeetle) took is to Classic Collision in Alpharetta........... after the butchers that did the front/rear bumpers were obviously color blind (Taylor Collision in Sawanee)..........I mean real different shades of yellow, I even lost it a bit and told them that Ray Charles could see the color difference.............needless to say the other owners InsCo/Progressive are on my $hit list.

Got side tracked here..........Classic did an excellent job on the paint match, and, guarantee the work for life. (Cant beat that)

But thats just one place....

One thing you should know. Georgia law says you can choose where YOU want your car to be repaired and not where the insurance company gives you options on. So, when its time to select a place for your pride-and-joy to be fixed, make the pick where you want. (not where the InsCo gets a break on). I'd also suggest a place that is familar with Subaru. (So you may want to check with the dealers and see where they go to also).

8. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

East conyers colission hooked me up when i wrecked my car.. lifetime guarantee also... excelent paint and quick service

9. flip

flip Member

I DO NOT recommend Classic Collision. They did a HORRIBLE job on my car. They kept giving me the runnaround with fixing things. I had to go back 5 different times. Even after that they had not fixed everything. They FORGOT to fix the mirror which had damage 3 of those time EVEN THO I TOLD THEM AGAIN!!!!! I hear they are under different management now but I still woudln't trust them.

Except for the horrible overspray all over my exaust they did do a good job on the paint but i don't think 1/2 green exaust was worth the good paint...

I would take it to the dealer if you have insurance paying for it. A lot of places like to not use OEM parts...

Last edited: Feb 9, 2006
  10. Alex

*shrug* We've taken 3 cars there now, all have come back perfect.

11. flip

flip Member

Just voicing my experience... They may be totally different now with the new ownership. Also the one in Buckhead may be better but they also forgot to paint my mirror once out of the 3 times. I think most of their work that they did completely was REALLY good. I have to give them that. However they seemed to overlook small things like the alignment of body pieces, and headlights. Also the overspray. Some spots were ground up inside my engine bay where they shouldn't have been and if they were they should have fixed it even if it was inside the engine bay. They got paint on my rubber seals. Hood was mounted slightly sideways and too far down. Inside of door when put back on didn't match the other one, i had to get them to realign it. etc... etc.. etc...

12. Alex

I know the feeling, when I had my front end rebuilt, I went through a LOT of trouble as well (Not from them, different body shop who shall remain nameless).

13. keevo54

keevo54 New Member

I appreciate all the responses. This board has by far given the greatest number of responses. In the end, my car is at the Hendick body repair shop. It is part of the Honda dealership off of satellite. They appear to know what they are doing and have nice facilites. My insurance(Nationwide) pushed for this and I decided to go with the program after seeing the facility. The motor is going to be pulled so they can cut off the bent frame rail and weld a new one on. Once the job is complete I will be sure to leave a full write up.
    To go to Classic or Magnum Collision I would have had to arrange shipping and would have complicated the matter in various ways. The police report will be issued in 5 more days, which will hopefully make the other driver insurer(Allstate) accept the charges.

14. flip

flip Member

Good luck with all the insurance stuff. I know if the other party is not cooperative it can be a pain but it should go smoothly for you. I'll keep checking back in case you have any questions. I've been through 4 wrecks in which none were my fault in the past 2 years. All were other partys fault and insurance paid so i'm experienced with handling claims quickly and effectively... Again good luck with it all!!

15. keevo54

keevo54 New Member

Update- The other drivers insurance has accepted the blame and will be footing the bill except for my deductable. If all goes well my car should be done in about two weeks.

16. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

glad to hear :)