WRXatlanta.com v3.5 - Downtime / Uptime / Server Move on Monday, March 19th 2006

Discussion in 'Community Announcements & News' started by Alex, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

As many of you already know, we will soon be moving to the latest vbulletin software. As an added benefit, we are timing this move with our new hosting / server change. We will be moving to a local host. Expect much faster response times as well as nearly zero downtime. This is, of course, much unlike the current host WRXatlanta is on.

We will be moving WRXatlanta.com to its new home monday (3/19) morning, bright and early at 8AM. From that point on, I can only provide you all with an estimation as to when I will have the site and its database transferred and back up online. The URLs will not change. I will prepare a temporary forum for us on the WRXatl.com domain name, stay tuned for a URL. You will need to register for the temp. forum in order to post.

There are many new goodies in store for everyone! What can you expect? We have a new garage system online that is working flawlessly at this point. It allows multiple cars, and thus multiple garage pages. V3.5 will also feature an arcade! Yes, now you can find a reason to spend even more time on WRXatlanta :) The arcade will feature classics like asteriods, space invaders, etc. It will also feature newer games (more to come on this). There is also an improved paypal based donation page. We are working dilligently on other features and or merchandise. With all of the work put into 3.5 and the recent WRXatlanta events, we have been somewhat slowed on previous projects (RA photos, member calendar, cafepress shop). Never fear! These matters shall all be addressed during the week.

This shall be a week of change for WRXatlanta.com. I am proud to say we are moving in a forward direction faster than ever anticipated! Thank you again to everyone who has made this possible.

Cheers,
    Alex

The temporary vbulletin 3.5 forums are located at http://wrxatl.com/dev/vb/ ... NOTE, this is WRXATL.COM, not WRXATLANTA.COM! I will be moving wrxatlanta.com to the new host and keep wrxatl.com alive for the temp forums during the moving process. If you wish to stay in touch, use the temp forums once these go down. Also, this will allow you time to familiarize yourself with some of the new toys Ive installed :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2006
  2. N2BNLOW

N2BNLOW Member

Sounds good , i can't wait to see whats instore

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

seems like just yesterday we moved onto v3. man time flys.

4. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

That will be very cool...I can't wait to see what it will be like. Time does fly...1 year on the boards already...Woot...

Mark

5. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I'm excited

6. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sounds good man, i know we discussed it a little bit at the mtn run. The arcade will be competitive!

7. Alex

Dude, tell me about it! :eek3:

8. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

woohoo....i wont have to worry about not being able to feed the addiction when the site is down because im gonna be on a cruise for spring break....but its gonna be quite the shock to come back to v3.5

9. Alex

nice :fawk:

10. jt money

maybe i can sneak in again. be sure to have you im on alex so i can bug you while your loading it up. :keke:

11. Alex

:eek:

12. Brian

Brian Active Member

cool beans!

13. maybe a link to the user's garage under their profile instead of having to look it up... ;P

14. jt money

nice call ive been meaning to bring that up.

15. Alex

Thats alwaysbothered me as well, no worries.

16. jt money

spell check!!!!! ;)

17. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

date check. Monday is the 20th. Sunday is the 19th.

18. Alex

19. Alex

Done, finito, termino around 5PM today (or whenever I make it back home). Expect 3.0 to close its doors forever Sunday evening! 3.5 will be back in full fury hopefully Monday or Tuesday (latest). Except the graphical versions to be up later in the week. As I stated above, please use the temporary forums if you absolutely have the URGE to hang out :D

cheers,

20. Alex

As it stands, I do not think I will be able to transfer the current garage files over (We'll see). If this is the case, please backup your description, etc, somewhere so that you can update your garage on 3.5!

21. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

Sounds like fun!! cant wait

22. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i can do another garage thing easy, no worries

23. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

looks awesome alex!!!!!!!!!

24. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

agreed a j ob well done man!

25. Alex

it should only go up from here, this is just the structure :D

26. Alex

Suggestions?

27. jt money

wheres my spell check????????

28. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

So how many sleepless nights did you spend on this? I do remember some 1am messages from you :)

Nice work bro

29. Alex

A few, i was up till 6 this morning finalizing stuff.

Spell check is coming JT :)

30. jt money

great alex thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.