WRXAtlanta shirts ... Who wants one?

Discussion in 'General Community' started by J_P, Jun 30, 2014.

1. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I'm going to make this happen 1 way or another. Depending on the amount of interest we can use somebody local or use a service like Teespring.

1st question to the community:
    1. Do we want something simple with the WRXAtlanta logo on the front and back?
    2. Or logo on the front and a voted on member provided graphic for the back?

[​IMG]

Maybe a mod can start a poll for this question.

If you're interested in a t-shirt please tell me what you want. I've heard plenty of people mention it so lets make it happen.

Update:
    http://teespring.com/thewrxatltee

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

I'm a back design kind of guy. Or a subtle front graphic. I'd rock a T at the Auto-X events for sure. That way folks in Subi's can come find me if I'm not by my car.

3. Holc13WRX

Holc13WRX Supporting Member

I would definitely want one. I agree with Superdude. Maybe a black t shirt with a small wrx atlanta logo on it and some kind of back design?

4. J_P

It sounds like you guys are partial to option #2. A small WRXAtlanta logo on the front and a larger (different) graphic on the back.

Anybody that is graphically inclined we need your help creating a graphic for the back of the shirt.

5. Holc13WRX

I'm guessing Jeff would be a good bet for this. If he has the time.

6. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

If anyone can throw out some ideas of what you are looking for I can see what I can do.

7. ~The_Duke~

~The_Duke~ Member

I was about to say, Sam's quite at the making pretty pictures thing.

I like the small front graphic with a big back one. I would prefer not black though, if I want to wear it for autox I dont want to spend all day in 90+ weather in a black shirt.

8. liltoua

liltoua Member

I agree, anything but black...small logo on front and big logo on back.

9. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

WRB wouldn't be a bad color choice.

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

perhaps we should look into/bot on multiple colors for shirt color.

The olive drab green we had 4 years ago was a huge success.

11. KGraska

KGraska Member

I'd buy a couple as long as the design looks good. We've been trying to do this for a while but no one has really taken control and made it happen.

12. Matt

We've had a few discussions on the backend regarding it. Hence the thread. :)

13. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

White, Blue, Black, Green?

14. Allpro Subaru

Allpro Subaru Registered Vendor Supporting Member

How bout supporting vendor logos on it somewhere?

15. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

I'm interested whatever you decide.

16. KrhymeFox

KrhymeFox Member

I'm all for the idea, i'd buy one in white, grey or blue. Maybe subaru blue?
    Seems like a great idea on both sides like on the sleeves similar to patches maybe. Starting at the top of the shoulder and moving down towards the elbow?

As for the logo on the back maybe we can photoshop all of the generations into one image? like cascading and the cars get newer as it goes to the front? or vice versa. just my $.02

17. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.2 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11D167 Safari/9537.53)

I would buy one. Simple front with a back graphic is always the best.

18. Matt

19. Holc13WRX

20. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I like Kryme's idea.

Also, Shiring, the one love shirt you posted is what I had in mind. Me and Sam will toss idea's back and forth. I would like to get this done before the LRC meet so there can be merchandise, maybe even a give away at the event.

21. Matt

Since this will be an official shirt of the community, we'll have to ensure it's not a blatant rip off of that one. :)

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

yea, that's why I didn't mention it yet. gotta look at ways to rework it

23. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

I'll have something by this weekend if I can get the photos I need. Its morf both ideas.

New Subaru, I'll go to SOK.
    GR - I can shoot mine
    Hawkeye - Julian
    Blob eye - ??
    Bugeye - ??

Need to take photos. Any volunteers?

24. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

I have an blobeye if you need a pic, and ill def be interested on buying a simple back and front shirt!

25. FACE

FACE Active Member

I say we bring the chick sitting on the suby logo back. She is hot.

26. benfrancis

benfrancis Member

Any of the new gens I can try to snap some pics at SoK

27. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I'll definitely buy some shirts. I have a blob eye if you need some shots Sam

28. liltoua

liltoua Member

Where's the GC love at :wtc:

29. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SCH-I545 Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/35.0.1916.141 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Sweet great to see this is gaining momentum. I will try to help out if/when I can, but it may be tricky for me with a new-old job im back into.

30. J_P

Sam/Sparta how should we get pictures to you? I've got tons of mine just sitting around.

And Toua...of course we would include the GC..it's only the swap of choice around here.

You know we could always take the opposite approach so it's not a rip off my doing the rear ends. Just a thought.

31. crazyazn

Also just thinking, about the IWSTI design, I almost want to say the original designer that vectorized the fronts of all the cars posted his source file on the internets somewhere. So if we do stick with the headlights design that can cut back a couple hours on sitting in Illustrator re-drawing that stuff

32. Holc13WRX

Looking at the IWSTI design, it just looks completely rendered on the computer. I think it would be much cooler to actually use the pictures... Maybe have a nice fade on top and bottom using the actual photos... something like this - http://www.redbubble.com/people/beukenoot666/works/10764853-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti?p=t-shirt

But only having from headlight to headlight in focus... and fading the images together one on top of the other. Would definitely take some time, but I think that would be pretty sweet

33. crazyazn

yeah the iwsti design is essentially line art, but i find it quite beautiful because its simplistic but captures the essence of each generation really well in my opinion.

The photo style that you just posted looks neat also, tho composition-wise to get multiple generations in, I think you run the risk of things getting really busy.

Also that effect shown can be done via a posterize filter, or I believe Illustrator still has a tracer within pathfinder or something like that

34. Holc13WRX

35. suomi82

suomi82 Member

I got a bug eye if pic needed, standard looks, hood, grille bumper etc.

36. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

The photos need to be basically all at the same angle so that the simple graphics don't look funky lol. I will post up a picture reference of my GR and then maybe you guys can fill in the missing models?

Also Toua, The GC wasn't techincally a WRX in the states lol. Plus the balance of the design would be off. But is has been taken into consideration.

Guys in general I wouldn't copy the IWSTI design. Just my 2 cents.

And just to clarify. Is this a 1 color screen? I picture 1 color because it's easy and cheaper.

Screen print and digital print will also make a difference.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014
  37. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

38. suomi82

suomi82 Member

My vote for a pic from a vertical 45 degree angle(does that make sense?) so the hood is in the pic too. For color ideas blue, pink, gold, white. 2 colors, third one breaks the harmony in clothing.

39. Matt

yes, the pre-bugeye wasn't offered as a wrx here in the states, however, it WAS the kickstart to the wrx coming over. It showed Subaru there is/was a desire for more performance oriented vehicles.

40. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

We all realize I live with a GC owner right.... I didn't get that information on my own.

41. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  42. J_P

Sam,
    You live with a GC owner? :rofl: Anybody we know?

GD_front_2.jpg
    GD_front_3.jpg

If these work I can send you higher quality versions.

Speaking of the GC owner...any shirt advice you have please share.

43. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

Anyway you can take one of the bottom image more centered? It's a little to the right and the side mirror angle is off. Also, are you inferring you want advice for Sparta? lol

44. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

If we get all the same view and color, we can do a front or side profile pretty easily. This took me about 5 min with the low-res image. The higher the res and the more isolated the cars are, the better they'll turn out.
    https://flic.kr/ps/2VgqF4

Not sure if the link will work. I've never used flickr before.

45. J_P

See if this is any better. These are existing pics so I'm just editing them. If these don't work I might have others.

Yeah Dana, half the t-shirts I wear are 4T shirts. I think we might end up with enough interest to get these made through a local company rather than using TeeSpring. Any advice you guys have is more than welcome.
    GD_front_4.jpg

46. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

the car is in half of a shadow and the visor is down. if we're going to do it, lets get the perfect shot for each model we want to represent. it'll take some digging for sure.

47. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

Lol, JP I've been involved with the recent 4touge shirts.

Anyone know if this is screen or digital?

Also, JP that pic is fine. Realized like a dummy to just vector half and reflect. Turns out beautiful.

48. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

Who are you btw? Since I don't know people by user name.

49. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

They call me Tim... ;)

JK. I'm Randy. I'm a Production Artist with a local agency. I can get you what ever kind of files you'd need for printing. If, you'd be the one "in charge" of the printing. Lately I've been impressed with with 4C printing on shirts, but a 2 or 3C job with spot colors usually work best. Printing and on the wallet.

50. Sam

Sam Mrs. Sparta

Which agency? Nevermind. I found it lol. Lol explains the multiple colors and spot colors. I word with prepress packaging.

Typically with shirts for clubs I stick to one color because the more the colors the more the money.

I typically keep it simple like the headlight ones.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2014