Wtf at SoG!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by scuby drew, May 11, 2006.

1. scuby drew

scuby drew techos ftws!!EEEE

Well in short i have gotten into these small air hogs remote controll planes. They can be picked up at toys r us and target for 29.99 and are crash proof and fly over 300 ft. I picked up a new one last night of the larger f-16 style that fly much faster and farther and took it up to SoG where several of the guys that work there have purchased the smaller planes after seeing and flying mine. Well we fly it for a little while and then leave it sitting on scott's desk charging while we go to the usual lunch at Chipotle. When we come back the plane is not there, and we think someone is just playing a joke or has borrowed it with out asking. We then make the rounds asking people if they have seen it and mysteriously no one knows ANYTHING at all about its where abouts. Its like a government conspiracy where no one knows a thing about it(lol). So we still think that the plane has just been moved and no one told us, but hours later it is decided that the plane was stolen right off of scotts desk. Now it is only a 30 dollar plane, but its the concept of it. What if it had been a laptop or an Ap or anything else of greater value??? So my .02 is just be very careful with what you leave laying around the place...:squint:

cliff notes: leave nothing of any value unattended at SoG :weaksauce

link to planes:
    small planes- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/s...s&field-keywords=aero+ace&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

big plane that was stolen- http://www.netgadget.net/proddetail.php?prod=44075

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

:eek3:

3. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

Sorry to hear that dude.

4. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

yep someone got sticky fingers up there for sure. sorry to here that bro.

5. ShaneSTI

ShaneSTI Active Member

do customers walk by that area too? or just sog employees? that sux to hear bro. yeah the price is not the issue...it's the fact that someone stole it. geez.

6. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

well that's pretty disconcerting...

7. flip

flip Member

if you find out who took it you should get the plane back and fly it into their face.

8. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah customers walk through there also, hopefully it wasnt no one that works there that did it. sorry dude.

9. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

That's what I'm talking about. Dive bomb those bishes.

10. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

It was Willis, he is just playing a joke on you. J/K Sorry to hear it man. I had something on SS desk before and it disappeared. Turned out that Willis was playing around and hide it. He gave it back and we had a good little laugh.

Sorry your shit got stolen. Maybe it will pop up and SS will let you know.

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

man drew that sucks! like jason said, hopefully someone was playing around and it will show up soon.

12. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

man that's weak....you'd think that leaving something in someones office would be safe but it is kinda accessable to the public I guess....some people just suck...I'm sure it's not anyone who works there, or atleast affiliated with our forum...bad karma for someone at the very least...

13. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

sucks to hear i hate when people play jokes like that, if they are ever jokes.

14. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

-1 for willis

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

You should try these planes if you like the airhog

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_hobbyzone_aerobird_challenger.htm

There are 6 of us at work that take off to the nearest field whenever the wind is light.

With these planes you can shoot each other down. The planes have a sonic cannon that disables the other persons motor for 10 seconds. And I can atest to how durable they are. I have crashed into a ton of stuff. With a little tape your good to go.

16. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

Actually I need another toy... Airplanes for my back yard. hehe drink beer and fly planes

17. clemsonscooby

clemsonscooby Active Member

Setup a bait trap. Smear something that looks of value with poison oak and see who gets the itchy hands.

18. monk

wow, now that i look at the design of the plane you can really transfer the working bits onto anything. perfect for designing your own custom weapons of mass distraction.

19. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

didnt willis take scotts wrxatl shirt and never gave it back? :dunno im not pointing any fingers though

20. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

yes, he sure did, i dont like that guy at all

21. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

who's willis?

22. MarkM2016GTI

MarkM2016GTI Supporting Member

Was there any way you could have locked it up in another office before you left?. j/w...

Mark

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  23. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

he is the shady fellow that washes the cars up at SoG.

24. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

what you talking about willis?

25. monk

^ :rofl:

was he the one who is friends with the serv mngr's kid?

26. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

I got kicked out of toys r' us for taking the airhog off the display, my buddy and I almost hit some kid with it.
    this was in High school when air hogs were pretty hard plastic.
    we were told never to come back
    we were back next week

I hope you find your plane
    I want to check it out
    and liquid you suck, just when I think I am done with getting silly gadgets for a while!

27. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Well today I was like WTF because that was when I found out that they gave me a 24 mm rear sway bar for an STi...... :rolleyes:

I'm not mad though. I just have to wait until next time I'm in Atlanta to get the right part, again.