X-Men Origins: Wolverine *no spoilers*

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by 07Ltd#767, Apr 1, 2009.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

All in all not bad, but not the best comic movie, by any means.

I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10.

Exposition: The story picks up Logan and Victor (Sabertooth) as boys and follows them as they mature. Once the fallout causing the hatred ensues, all hell breaks loose.

The character development is piss poor. It doesn't follow the comic lines and deviates from many of the known stories. The story continually contradicts the hatred between Wolverine and Sabertooth, showing them as both hated rivals and best of friends - sometimes within the same scene.

Yes, Gambit is in this one, but he might as well not have been...that goes for a lot of the other characters, such as Blob. These characters make what some would consider cameo appearances and peace out after a five minute scene. I really would have liked to see more character histories and have more characters contribute a greater role in the movie. Even the main badass villain, Deadpool, was only prevalent for ~6 minutes.

Verdict: worth seeing if your a comic fan, DEFINITELY not worth paying for. I'm actually glad I got a leaked version as it was not the final cut and had quite a few scenes where you could see the wires and computer animation...gave some really badass insight into how the movie was made.

BTW, release date, May 1st...20th Century Fox = FAIL :wiggle:

2. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

Too bad, this looked like it was not going to suck.

3. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I am still going to see it in theaters. Can't be worse than Spiderman 3!

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

It'd take a special kind of suck to even compare to that piece of garbage.

5. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

i'll probably check it out tomorrow. my friend downloaded the same version you got and said about the same thing.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I downloaded last night and will probably wait till the weekend to watch. Anyone down for a pre-screening at my place Saturday night?

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

oh ok it's cool if you talk about it but I can't suggest that someone return a modded xbox to walmart.

8. Deke

Deke Active Member

Lol

9. heathbar

heathbar Member

Damn... Gambit is my fav x-man. I was looking forward to that... Guess, I'll go ahead and add it to my netflix.

10. lol i was just about to download it then i decided to come over here

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

I saw this on Saturday and I really liked it. Granted I am a huge X-Men nerd - If they keep making these X-Men movies I will keep going.

Good Action
    Pretty Good Humor
    Lots of cool Mutants
    Mediocre Writing

Hell, I might go see it again!

12. Yeah, I grew up reading the comics so its kinda cool to see all the movies for me. I havent seen the movie yet, but I liked the other 3.

I hope they make more of them.

13. Slowsoul

Slowsoul Member

I just saw this Sunday night and I really enjoyed it!

There was some pretty bad matte work at the end of the film when the mutants are running to professor X...like unforgiveably bad.

And I wish that Gambit had a bigger part.

14. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Yea I liked the movie too, but the CG sucked

15. Jewels450

Jewels450 Member

:wiggle: I liked it