X-Men, The Last Stand.

Discussion in 'Movie Reviews' started by bluetwo, May 26, 2006.

1. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Awesome movie... :bowdown: ...Go see it soon.

The End.

2. jakeisajedi

jakeisajedi Member

Its really a good 3rd movie.

3. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i wanna see it but i wont have a chance till next weekend :(

4. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

How old IS Zander now?

5. heathbar

heathbar Member

Everyone I've talked to said it was good... except for my friend who reads comic books and overanalyzes every superhero movie.

6. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I won't give anything away, but it was nothing like I thought it would be. I still can't believe some of it went the way it did.

7. Weapon

6 months :wiggle:

8. Weapon

thats my problem..i was a comic book geek so i know how it all originally happened.

9. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

yeah mike, amol, and myself watched it last night! It was a great movie... Just remeber to stay for the clip after the credits

10. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Clip after the credits?! Just kidding.

Yeah you definitely want to wait through the credits to catch the last clip. The credits are very long but you'll be glad you stayed.

Last edited: May 26, 2006
  11. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

yeah it was the jam....good flick:bowdown:

12. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

i missed the 2nd one, but i wanna see this and the 2nd. only thing that ticks me off is still no appearance of gambit.

13. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

Could somebody message me what happens after the credits? I didn't stay for that one.

Great movie. I loved it. One thing I didn't like was when it suddenly turned night time after the golden gate bridge part.

Favorite part was what the Juggernaut (sp..?) said.

Also, there was a Snakes on A Plant preview that was super amazing!!!!

14. suby113

suby113 Member

same here i didn't stay for after the credits either can someone PM me what it was about ? But any way the movie was awesome.

15. jayj713

jayj713 Member

damnit, i didnt stay for the credits.

16. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

yeah it was pretty amazing "im the jauggernuat biotch" was funny. I stayed till the end. there will be another movie. cant for get about cyclop's brother and every thing else that comes later.

The snakes on the plane preview wow.
    My super ex girlfriend looks like a date movie you actually wanna see.
    Can't wait for Johnny Blaze to come out Nick. Cage is da man!

17. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Ghost Rider was in the previews I watch. That's gonna be the bomb.

18. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ghost Rider looks silly, but fun.

X3 was alright, it was overall very "block buster" like. Not so much story, lots of FX. Its definately worth a viewy :bigthumb:

19. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

that would be bad ass if rollins did a new (and better) version of ghost rider
    I always thought ghost rider was the most bad ass comic character

20. heathbar

heathbar Member

don't know if anybody cares, but I just got X2 on bestbuy.com for $5.99, getting in-store pickup in an hour.

21. Deke

Deke Active Member

Damn straight. Gambit was the shit.

22. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

the movie was bad ass.... phoenix > god

23. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Um... Ok. :D But yeah! The movie was bad ass. I'm trying to decide if I want to go see it again. :eek:hnoes:

Last edited: May 29, 2006
  24. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

As much as i loved the movie and am excited for the future it made me sad to see all of that happen.

25. suby113

suby113 Member

I saw it twice just to good of a movie!

26. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

27. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

I saw it twice too.

28. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

who liked the crazy make-up they used to make patrick stuart and ian mckellen look young?

29. 7wolf

7wolf Member

ok, if i didn't read the comic books when i was a kid, then i would have thought it rocked. but i hated what happened to everybody and the way everything played out. i think it could have been way better.

30. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

I was thinking that during the movie, but now I'm sure there could be a fourth. And even though the movies are way different than the comics in looks and whatnot, I figure... that's what our generation got. Might as well enjoy it.

31. Weapon

please dont add any spoilers..some of us (*me*) are losers and have not had time to see it..

32. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am a loser too. I am just sad that Gambit still hasn't made it to the big screen. Or is he in the new one?

33. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

yep and everyone dies as the world is blown to bits!!!

34. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

No. But there are a lot of "new" characters, many of whom came from the much older comics.

For those who've seen the comics, pay close attention when you watch the new one and look at all the characters, even the seemingly unimportant ones in the school, and you'll see some that bring back memories.

35. calmnothing

calmnothing Shlimp Flied Lice Supporting Member

I saw this movie and it made me so mad. They butchered the plot lines. They killed off a bunch of characters and added new ones in, but didn't develop the new characters. There was no real villain. -sigh- I was expecting too much I spose

36. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i will see it soon.. maybe tomorrow

37. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

it's gotta be less then 17 hours for each installment of the movie, so it's limited what they can do xmen was started in the 60s, so 46 years of comics in 3 2-2 1/2 hour movies is a bit on the tough side.
    I think it's better that they made the movies along a different line from the comics, but have a basis in them.
    Hell look at dc comics in the 80s, at least this is contiguous (or however you spell it)

38. calmnothing

But the characters just weren't developed. They spent too much time on the rogue/iceman/kitty love triangle. There was no real villain. Trask was in the movie and they could have easily made him the villain.

!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!SPOILER ALERT!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*!

If Phoenix destroyed Professor X and he survived (after the end credits it showed him surviving) then Cyclops should have survived as well.

39. bluetwo

bluetwo Active Member

Don't read this if you haven't seen it!

Dark Phoenix is most likely dead, and so is Cyclops. I don't think anyone else who died will be back, but in the comics Phoenix came back several times.

The professor is fine because he could move his concience, Rogue will get her powers back and be stronger, so will Magneto and Mystique and there's every chance that if there's another movie some of the mutants who got hit with the cure in the big battle will be back and be stronger, possibly even above class 2, but who knows.

It's all speculation at this point, for the movie side anyway, so we'll just have to wait and see. I do remember hating they way they wrote things at first, but now I understand why they did it, and I know this movie made enough money for there to be another.

40. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u mean i'll be stronger?!?!?!?!??!?!?

41. calmnothing

Milo's definitely a mutant....of some kind

42. knhtrdr

knhtrdr Active Member

prof. x is a class 5++ or somethin like that

43. Weapon

ok now this is getting really geeky..wanna go play some D and D later :keke:

44. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

prof x isnt a class 5=/ thats refering to an "omega" class mutant which i know of are jean, iceman, apocal and only a few others... the term omega, as in the movie class 5, means that the mutant has unlimited power... jean had enough power to match anything in the universe... except ofcouse "love" =P