XBox 360

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by FTZ, Nov 22, 2005.

1. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Just found this hilarious. XBox 360 just released today. Ebay selling them for $1500+. Wish I would have thought ahead and preordered one just to sell it on Ebay and make a killing.

2. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

nothing like making 400% on your investment

3. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

people are funny. ive seen most of the go for more than that all cause they want the thing now. what idiots. i heard in the spring theres so\upposed to be like a $100 drop in price so im waiting. look at these people that couldnt wait. lol

xbox 360 on ebay

look at this one here goin for 3000 and theres a bid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-Xbox-...236203204QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and heres one for the buy it now price of 9000.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-Xbox-...236300095QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

4. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

something knocking around in my head about a fool and his money are soon departed...

5. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I agree, once the Holiday Season is over, they are going to drop the price by about $100, plus, it is brand new, I would not want a brand new console, at least give them a few months to work out all the bugs.

6. jt money

7. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

i wont buy version 1.0 of anything

8. blink

blink Member

only reason to buy version 1.0 xbox, a word we all know and love "mod"

9. Trey

Trey Active Member

Wait for them to ship with the HD-DVD drives in the spring.

10. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Waiting for PS3 baby......

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I am trying to decide whether I should preorder a PS3 so I can sell it on Ebay when they sell out.

12. jt money

i heard the ps3 is gonna cost alot and the games are supposed to be like 80+. mostly cause of the new blue disk design and cost of reperduction. of course this was on the xbox countdown on g4 last night. but they did a review on both consols and both got very high marks on the future of gamming. but the way these xboxs are selling you might as well. you can make at least 200% profit.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2005
  13. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

33 Games for Preorder on Gamestop for PS3, all are 59.99

14. E-Mol

E-Mol Member

I spoke to some of my colleagues at Intel and they said that the cell architecture used PS3 is supposed to be way superior to the tricore PowerPC based arch. in 360. But at the current time 360 is really good. I think Microsoft is selling it early because they want to people to exhaust their quota on 360 and then not buy the PS3.

15. jt money

like i said the info came from the xbox count down so they are gonna do everything they can to make the xbox sound better. lol

16. j69raw

j69raw Member

"MOD" that's the key word! I'm not getting one until it is mod-able! I would never pay $50-$80 per game! I have a modded xbox with about 60 games on a 180gig HD. I payed around $1 per game or less. My latest game, Madden 2006, I got for free from a friend who rented it from BlockBuster last week. Free sure beats $50.

My buddy just got his today and I ordered one for my niece for Xmas from ebay for $800, cause she had to have one, oh well at least it comes with like 8 games wireless controllers, HD, headphones and stuff!

17. CROSSeyed

CROSSeyed Member

I dont get why the guy in lawrenceville has no bids on his stuff???

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

19. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

at least its free shipping :D

20. Trey

Trey Active Member

ORLY?

:cool:

Source

21. Bah the Xbox360 is highly over-rated. There were alot of complaints on the first day it came out. It would overheat, crash, not turn on, etc. Mircosoft at it's best. One can argue its better value then an high-end compouter, but still i would rather have a computer.

22. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  23. rolling_trip

rolling_trip Active Member

Xbox 360 Defects and Crashes Reported; Microsoft Tries to Fix Problems

Reports about various problems gamers have been experiencing have begun to surface. Everything from game crashes to dysfunctional or dead hard drives have been reported. This has some gamers pretty ticked off, especially after standing overnight in long lines to receive the console.

Well, gamers, help is on the way. "We have received some isolated reports and calls of consoles not operating as expected. The call rate is well below what you’d expect of a consumer electronics product of this complexity," Molly O’Donnell, Senior Manager fo Global Xbox 360 Public Relations, commented.

Microsoft has set to redeem themselves by setting up a toll-free line where gamers can call to receive repairs or replacements on their Xbox 360. By calling 1-800-4MY-XBOX, players can have a prepaid shipping box overnighted to them. A fixed or replaced Xbox 360 will arrive five business days after they receive your defective Xbox.

"The most important thing to note here is that the vast majority of Xbox 360 owners are having an outstanding experience with their new systems," she concluded.

posted on Thursday, November 24, 2005 11:34 AM by lindsay
    Members can leave comments and rate this post. Click here to sign in!
    # re: Xbox 360 Defects and Crashes Reported; Microsoft Tries to Fix Problems @ Friday, November 25, 2005 8:12 AM
    Muahaha...Xbox shall crumble under the might of the Sony Empire

TheGreatandMightMr.Satan

24. j69raw

j69raw Member

I played it for about 6 hours straight and no problems! Plus the graphics are just incredible! (Gotta play it on a HD TV)! Blows away the current Xbox!

25. cb7stim3

cb7stim3 Member

wait till spring

ppl are so wrapped up in like oh shit i NEEEED to pa $400 for a $300 system
    they are so gay, some kid at my school was like PSP's are gay they are old now when i was like, hmm i should get one, atleast mine wont have defects and ill have more games to choose from

ill get an XBOX 360 when Forza comes out on it, hell might wait for GT5 and PS3 someone said that GT5 is gonna be like the Forza in driving with better graphics and the play around with your car of GT4

26. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

the 360 is very impressive ive been playing mine a lot latly but the thing thats sad is the games out right now are only using 1 of the 3 cores on the processor so look for things to get much better when the developers wake up.

27. j69raw

j69raw Member

Wow! didn't know that! So a game like NBA 2006 is only utilizing 1/3 of its capability, and still it looks that! Insane!

28. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

yup and i have 2k6 and that game is amazing...the details are incredible!

29. j69raw

j69raw Member

Yeah, you can even see there veins in their arms!