Xbox modding?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by integroid, Nov 12, 2009.

1. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Anyone know how to mod an xbox? if so please pm me. I need mine updated or something.

2. gte123v

gte123v Member

didn't microsoft just disable all of xbox live for "modded" xboxes?

3. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

email member EMOL...he knows how to do it...

4. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I would PM Strayen or possibly even Ramblin WRX. EMOL doesn't get on here enough to see any messages sent to him. Ramblin is the one who is looking to repair bricked Xboxs. I am certain he can help with it.

You could also try reading on some forums about it. I believe all you are really doing is FTPing to the Xbox and installing a program you would download from the forums.

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Um, my console just got banned for being softmodded / drive reflashed. Microsoft is on a banning frenzy right now so watch out. They've banned 600,000 consoles thus far in this round and are hoping to ban about 400,000 more. The idea does not seem very well thought out considering how close to Christmas we are (hint: PS3 time!).

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  6. integroid

Maybe I should just buy Forza 3:( or sell it out right.

7. Alex

Wirelessly posted

Maybe.

8. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Do you not do ABGX before playing games?

9. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

No, for 360s you have to ope the thing..take the DVD drive out.. flash it with firmware. I can give you someones number that can.. but he charges 50 bucks.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You have to get caught.

11. integroid

What is ABGX? :)

12. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

http://abgx360.net/

You run ISOs through this app before you burn them and it checks if they are stealth-ed right.. (all the checks that MS does pass). If a game cannot be verified it redoes the stealth patches.

13. integroid

Awesome...thanks...I will try it tonight on Forza 3:)

14. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I was going to ask if he was talking about the Xbox or the 360. I decided to just go off of the information that was available in the thread at the time. It was after I posted that mention of Forza 3 came up, indicating that it was for 360, and obviously my suggestion no longer applies.

15. integroid

Wow, people still have xbox's laying around:) JK

16. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I use it for XMBC :)

17. Alex

Hah, funny :) I only play 1 burnt game, and I have been for the last 4 months+. I had not played said game in over a month prior to my console ban.

I was banned when I downloaded the left for dead 2 demo which means the demo contains some sort of shadiness that scanned my console. So once again, I would like to thank Microsoft for making my console inoperable on Live for trying a game demo (downloaded through Live) that I had every intention of purchasing on release. :3mol:

18. Trey

Trey Active Member

19. Alex

Wirelessly posted

My old xbox was running xbmc. I run tversit on the 360

20. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

Ya, i can flash you to iextreme1.6, but you should definatly check every copy with ABGX to make for damn sure it is stealthed.

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

latest rumors is that doesn't even really matter

22. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

How do they find out if you're modded then?

23. Alex

I am guessing that something hitches a ride on any sort of xbox live download and then runs itself in the background :)

24. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

nobody really knows, but they're working on new firmwares. not sure at this point. could be related to media type (burned DVD-R+DL)

25. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

except people have been banned and not actually downloaded anything from XBL

26. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Very odd, my last xbox i played 40 or so burned games on live for 6-8 months..no ban..

27. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just checked again. one of the firmware developers said that the behavior of ixtreme is detectable on backups. speculating that the drive firmware responds to certain requests in an incorrect manner. but from what I can gather, MS has no way to dump the contents of the drive firmware, so they have to 'probe' it

and I honestly hope they get hit with a class action lawsuit, and the DoJ fucks them. hard. Imagine buying a second hand xbox and finding out it's banned. there is no recourse

28. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

AW MAN! Banned :(

29. gfred024

gfred024 Member

PS3 FTW:cool:

30. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

doh!

31. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Sad thing is.. i havnt played on live in over a year

32. Alex

Hah, cannot say that I didn't warn ya :)

33. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Bastards.

34. integroid

ROFL...I hadnt been on live in awhile as well and my console came back banned. Oh well, looks like I will be a burning mofo. If I want to play online, i will either get a PS3 or buy a PC game. Time to finally put this gaming rig to use.

35. Alex

Guess I was ahead of the curve? :lol:

36. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

fuck microsoft.

37. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I;ll buy another one.. in a year or so when natal comes out

38. Alex

Say what?

39. integroid

40. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I won't. and I hope they get hit with a massive class action and the DoJ fucks them again

41. Alex

I had thought the same thing. I have a good bit of cash in Microsoft Xbox 360 shit and am a long time Xbox user (two original xbox consoles). So yeah, way to make my stuff worthless :)

42. integroid

Alex, it is not worthless....you can still play games and burn games...you just cant play on live...which is fine with me.

43. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

your unused points on your account are worthless. call your credit card company and dispute the charges for services not rendered

44. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Meh, playing online with my friends and Netflix is the reason I switched to Xbox... If I just wanted a game console I would have kept the superior PS3.

45. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

I refuse to pay MS to play online, so much BS.
    The only time i used live was when i had the free trial.

46. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

pretty much. paying for a video game match making service is fucking stupid.

would you pay a monthly fee to use gamespy? didn't think so.

47. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

48. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

49. Alex

My final thoughts on the matter...The class action law suit is pretty damn pointless, I do not see it going anywhere. Unfortunately Microsoft's TOS allows them to not release the "reason" behind your console ban. I wish it was not the case.

Yes, the console belongs to me. I am a firm believer of the old saying "Don't Tread On Me", and there are plenty of laws that I find to violate my personal privacy. I have no desire to get into them or further take this thread OT. Microsoft has no "right" to tell me what I can and cannot do with my private property. What if I wanted to develop games myself for the console? I do not have the proper security data to burn to a game I am developing to do so.

At the end of the day, I willingly modified my console to play "illegal" copies of games. That's fine and I accept the responsibility for doing so. HOWEVER, I am extremely aggravated that I cannot use my Xbox live account to watch Netflix movies (two services that I am currently paying for) anymore.

Nevertheless, I will more than likely replace my 360 one way or another in order to continue using these features. I have many friends that use Xbox live and I enjoy gaming with them. The move to a PS3 seems unnecessary.

50. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

WTF? HDD installs have been banned too. bastards.