Yay for weight watchers, boo for eBay

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Suby1128, Jun 15, 2006.

1. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

So while college is getting me a good education, it's also gotten me a good sized beer gut.

When I came home from college, I set myself a goal to lose the beer gut and get some abs showing by the time I returned. I started the Weight Watchers Diet :pssh:, which uses a calculated points system depending on calories, fiber, and total fat per serving. With my weight, I was limited to 22 points a day, and for a 30 minute run I can gain 4 more points worth of good eating.

I got in touch with my friend, who spent last year at Marine boot camp. I got him to show me some workouts and ab routines that were forced upon him at camp.

For 2 weeks I've been working out (running & abs everyday minus saturdays) and sticking to the diet, minus weekends of course when I still like to party a lil bit still. Since then I have lost 13 lbs, gone down 3% in body fat percentage, and started to lose teh beer gut.

Not that anybody cares, but it also makes me feel more confident about myself.

Well thats my happy story, other than that I've been scammed on eBay and am filing complaints with eBay, Paypal, and the US Mail Inspector. I bought a LaCoste shirt from some dude, and it's definitely not LaCoste! I know it's only $30, but it's the principal of the matter, and I don't want him to get away with it to scam others. I was just gonna leave him negative feedback, but when I tried to do that and found out he deactivated his account so nobody could leave bad feeback, I decided I would take it further.

I also have the dudes address in Miami, not that it will do me much good :rolleyes: .

Craig (bored at work)

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

send him either a letter with anthrax, or a bomb...teach those bastards...MUAHAHAHA

j/k

3. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

^^
    I know some good suicide bombers... :)

4. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

Can't be that good if they're still here for round 2 :keke:

Craig

5. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

gratz! I need to start working out. Finding time and the energy is the hard part for me. Good luck with the ebay thing..doubt you will get anywhere with it though.

must not be very good at their job if they are still alive

edit..damn beat me to it craig

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006
  6. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

I figured I won't get anywhere with it. I figure at best maybe the US Mail Inspector will pay him a visit, scare him outta doing this again. I know it's not that big of a scam, just can't believe there are pathetic people out there that try to rip you off for a damn shirt.

I'm just gonna start wearing it, everybody else that has seen it couldn't tell it's fake, so whatever. If somebody notices, I'll tell them I made it :wiggle:

7. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

congrats on the workouts, maybe switch to a good vodka or tequilla. same effect. less calories. :)

8. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Let me know if you decide to join a gym, I need a gym buddy to stay motivated. Gold's up in Snellville was pretty reasonably priced when I checked with them; we have a corporate one here at work but it's all silly cable machines that you can max out pretty easily. :(

9. Weapon

i have a nice weight set and bench at my house. i cant afford a gym membership but I have the weights here at my house. If you are serious would you be interested in coming over a few nights a week? no spandex allowed though :keke:

10. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

As long as you promise to wear underwear while spotting. :eek:hnoes:

I actually have an olympic set and a squat cage (rated for ~600 lbs) at home too (garage, so can get brutal in the summer), just hard to find the motivation to do it. Also have probably some 500-600 lbs of olympic weights and a few bars + DB handles. We can definitely work something out. :naughty:

Last I maxed I benched 190, deadlifted around 365 and squatted like 285, but been slacking off since. I need to work to get those #s up. :(

I'll shoot you a PM...

11. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Dude, post up what happened in Nasioc OT. Those guys will make this jackass sorry real quick.

12. Weapon

whats a LaCoste shirt anyways?

13. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

ever seen this logo?
    [​IMG]

14. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

they have a pretty cool shoe line as well

15. gueryjones

gueryjones Member

Sounds like you're exactly on the right track. FYI, ab work doesn't do the work of reducing the gut, it's all the cardio and diet that drops the fat laying over the ab muscles. Ab work just makes those muscles stronger, and often bigger and more visible once the fat is gone.

16. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yep, no such thing as spot reduction.

17. RamblinWRX

RamblinWRX Member

however, more muscle means more calories burned during regular activity. It's not gonna matter where you get the muscle, as it's a total body wide effect, i.e. more muscle around your abs won't burn just the fat around there. But it will add to your goal for fat burning if you weight train upper and lower body a bit on the side instead of just ab workouts

18. BlackAndBlue

BlackAndBlue Member

be sure to train your lower back as well, dont get lopsided

19. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Any good program should include deadlifting and squats, IMO. :)

True... but a pound of extra muscle only increases your RMR (resting metabolic rate) by ~5 kcal/day. IOW, muscle alone doesn't really help out much. However, using more mucles for working out definitely has a significant impact on calorie usage!

Last edited: Jun 15, 2006