yerrow's garage, its all we'll drive

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by yerrow, Jun 11, 2011.

1. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I just realized that i never did one of these and i generally am not upgrading the car as much as i would want to.

but here it is, 6 years later

bought it 2005 with 11k on the dial from SOG...don't have pics from then but it was a stock wrb wagon and we know what those look like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    CF VIS hood shitty techs and erz DP with 5zigen exhaust

one of the earliest pics i could find are from a dyno day at topspeed in february of like 2007
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

dyno'd at 220/216 or something. at that point it was pretty simple stg 2 with a CF hood and mb weapons

with my old volvo v70r
    [​IMG]

remember trunk monkeys?
    [​IMG]

with an ebay strut bar from integroid for like $30...its still sitting in the garage as it has been for a few years
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i've been thru something stupid like 8 subwoofer setups
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eventually came across a set of reds that was too good to pass up
    [​IMG]

sometime in '09 i think decided that the lady wanted her own subaru, so we gave the v70r to my sister and found a black '07 limited in KC, it wasn't white like she wanted but those arent easy to find. we bought it and had it shipped over without ever seeing it in person.

i can't all find the pics but it had gold rota formels, an hks hiper exhaust, swift springs, hyperflow tmic, and oem gauge pack.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

went to town the 1st couple weeks buying new wheels, apexi world sport exhaust, invidia dp, cobb ap, and protune...all at HER request...i promise
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

video
    [​IMG]

i had the rota's powder coated since she didn't like the gold so i slapped them on the blue wagon
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eventually i swapped added a vf39 and the other neccessities and back to TS.

then i had to add a vf39 to the forester too...the 2.5 litre combined with the automatic smokes the blue wagon all day long

started looking for my dream set of wheels for the wagon and finally found them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

at a fast5 casting at MM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we had 13 cars there and i think all but 2 made it into the movie and we all were paid pretty handsomly

at the filming at the Ga dome

my car was easily the lowest powered car there.

3. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

at filming at the ga dome
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

traded interiors with talktojin
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

authentic jdm subaru anti-static pad
    [​IMG]

at fast5 premiere
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

i added tokico d-specs eventually but i'm amazingly still on the s-techs even though i have bc coilovers in the garage.

it has whiteline sways bars front and rear with WL endlinks

i don't really replacing things unless its completely necessary so i'm still using the same old erz up/dp's and 5zigen exhaust from 2005

over 103k and still going strong...knocks wood

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

and a few randoms

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

eventually i may sell it and get a newer subaru, but right now thats not in the cards and frankly i have no desire to do so.

its definitely not the fastest nor the cleaniest nor is it fashionably hellaflush but its mine and i dont think thats so bad

5. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

and what i used to have...remember this was retired in 2001. laugh all you want

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

slow slow slow, except for when it was on the bottle.

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Very interesting. And the banana looks nice, not tooooo wild. xD

7. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Awesome, yerrow! Your wagon is definitely one of my favorites. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but if I owned a WRX wagon, your setup would be pretty much how I'd make it look.

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

It's certainly about time you wrote one of these. And thank you for having such a detailed timeline -- makes for a good read! :)

9. liltoua

liltoua Member

Awesome! Love reading it all. I'm not sure if I've seen your wagon around, but I have seen the Forester. Love them both

10. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I'll still bump up the power on the blue wagon eventually if I ever find a new dd...either thru turbo or e85. And then I'll throw on the coilovers

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

11. Zellner

Zellner Member

i hate wagons...but yours is different somehow...looks AMAZING man. The small details like the lugs and hood fitment really make it stand out. Everything looks flawlessly installed.

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You're just jealous of the extra utility he has :wiggle:

13. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

so i did something i ususally don't do...replaced something that was perfectly fine.

i bought a new exhaust the fujitsubo rm01a, its mellow actually quiet, not that the 5zigen was loud. it fit beautiful but still aggressive looking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

it seems that the engine revs more freely after the install and it gets into full boost quickly

14. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

My favorite pics....

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

figured as much

16. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Dangggggggg!!! I'll take that Altima SE-R any day of the week!!! Rally headlights and JDM interior look!!! Heck yeah, I'll take that over a wagon any day!! LOL!!! :p

17. fourdegrees

fourdegrees Member

Love the wagon. I'd love to have one for a daily driver.

18. Genya

Genya No Longer Up At Odd Hours

Wow I remember thinking i saw that altima at lenox mall when i used to work there is that right?

19. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

yep...and i bought your mb weapons from you too

20. talktojin

talktojin Member

Good to see my old interior in such great care! How you've been doing?

21. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

awesome...but busy, busy, busy

22. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

I think its about time to start collecting parts for mo powa!

16gxt or 18g...probably on e85

23. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

You should trade your wagon for your wife's fozzy! Both are clean but I love that model fozzy.

On a side note, I hate when girls, I mean sluts, have their ass hanging out like that. I'm sure the rest of her is so fugly that's the only way she gets attention. You can practically see the std's falling out lol. Keep it classy sexy, not slutty.

24. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

No, she was pretty damn good looking

25. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

107k miles I think now...and still the original headlight bulbs

26. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I miss our caravans to the highway...we need to meet up.

27. This is the wagon i rolled up on on getting onto 85N tonight-lol. Very clean, looks great!

28. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i was wondering who that was

29. haha ya i whipped around the loop and then all i saw was yerrow-lol. After catching a side view of it I figured you were on here. Really like the wagon! Nice work