Yet another thread on oil

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by kohlby777, May 28, 2014.

1. kohlby777

kohlby777 Member

I've been running Mobil 1 5w-30 for years now in the summer time in my Bugeye wrx with no issues. After reading about how it's notorious for breaking down to quickly in our cars I've been thinking about switching, but to what? I daily drive the car with an occasional track day. I've been thinking of trying the castrol 0w-40 which is euro a3 certified. Any thoughts? I want to change it before Sundays autocross so I can compare and contrast

2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

European Castrol and Rotella T6 are popular choices with the Subaru crowd.

3. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Rotella T6 is stocked at most Walmarts. Been running it for years now, don't burn a drop of oil.

4. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

I've used T6 in my Subaru since I bought it back in Sept. I have no issues with it. I've also used it in my Sentra once I turbocharged it with no complaints either.

5. kohlby777

kohlby777 Member

T6 is probably what I'll go with. I have heard that they've started adding extra detergents in recent years for emissions compliance, that's my only concern really. What about filters? I've been using the taller Mobil 1 m-110 for its extra filtering capability.

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

5w-40 t6

7. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Filter, go with one for the H6 motors. It holds more oil and fits fine on the 2.0/2.5 motors. As far as brand goes, I typically stuck with the black OEM Subaru filters or Nippon Denso, Pure One, Wix if I couldnt get ahold of the black OEM filter.

8. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Rotella T6! Purolator PureOne filters.

9. nygiant

nygiant Member

been running this combo for years

10. KGraska

KGraska Member

I run Amsoil 5w30 Synthetic, you won't find it at any local stores but it's worth the wait.

11. bluedestiny

bluedestiny Supporting Member

Last edited: May 30, 2014