Yokohama Ao32 Soft

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by Gran Turismo East, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Gran Turismo East

Gran Turismo East New Member

Alright everybody, your always looking for a deal on tires and I've got a sweet one. There are only two sizes available, 235/40zr17 & 245/45zr17, but they are only $115 each. These are really track tires, but at this price you can do sort of whatever you want with them. I've got 6 or 7 track events out of my last set on my abusive Mustang and I drove them to and from the event on several occasions. I hope this is something some of you guys can take advantage of because I really had to ride my Advan rep to make this happen! Thanks for all your support, you guys & girls really kick ass.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

I will take a set of the 235/40zr17. I really want the 245's but do not want an additional 20mm's of sidewall.

3. Gran Turismo East

that's great. call me at the shop 770-455-0347 and we can schedule a time for you to come in.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

wow....now that's a great deal!!

Good job, Kieran!

btw, tell Jeff thanks for checking the alignment again for me. Hopefully it was just a bum tire that was causing the wear!

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

Thanks Kieran for a great deal! See you soon.

Come on guys we cannot let our vendors strike good deals and not jump on it. I hope deals like this keep coming!

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

Kingwrex, get a set of these for those sti bbs's you're putting on your car.

7. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

Sick deal on great tires, Ill give you a ring in a day or two Kieran...oh and your brake pads just got here.

Matt

8. Gran Turismo East

Thanks Matt, I'll call you on the pads.

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

If you are not in a rush Kieran I can bring your pads with me next Friday when I come to see you. I see them fools up at BG regularly.

10. schneid

schneid Member

gte:

any deals on tires for a daily driver that sees a lot of highway use? my kumho spt's are shot and Im looking for a long-wearing but decent tire for $80-$115 each...any recommendations?

11. DustySTI

DustySTI Member

I want a set from you. Not sure which size I want. I'm assuming you could help me out with the details though.

12. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^
    I would google tire calculator and plug the 2 sizes in that he has and compare. I chose the 235's as to not have 21mm taller sidewall that the 245 come as. Maybe we can get lucky and he can score some 245/40's, but really 255/35or40's is my choice.

13. Batlground

Batlground Active Member

No chance on the other sizes as I recall they are out of them. The best thing to do is give Kieran a call at the shop he will be more than happy to get you a deal on a set of tires for your daily driver

14. techlord

techlord Active Member

My DD is a POS truck...I am talking about my racecar. yeah come'on

If I can get the stickiest 245-265's with a short sidewall and under 5 bills I am happy for a dedicated track set. If they can handle 5 TGP days even better. this is in a perfect world.

15. Gran Turismo East

That would be great, thanks alot.

16. Gran Turismo East

Give me a ring and we can talk about sizes & pricing.

17. Gran Turismo East

No problem, just call me when your ready.

18. Gran Turismo East

I had to increase my order to make enough weight for Yokohama to ship them to me, so they are about a week out. Thanks for your patience.

19. techlord

techlord Active Member

BUMP
    I will give you a call in the morning.

come on guys...JUMP on this!

20. Gran Turismo East

They are in the shop!

21. techlord

techlord Active Member

Sweet, see you Friday sometime.

22. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey Kieren,

It was good to talk to you today. I'll call you tomorrow to set up the appointment for those tires for our work Tundra.

Do you guys do oil changes? the truck needs a change, too. :D

Thanks!

23. SilverEIGHT

SilverEIGHT New Member

Kieran, do these Yoko's need to be shaved?