You opinion on this trade:

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Trancetto, May 29, 2009.

1. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I might be trading in my wrx plus 4k for a 1999 mustand GT built:

Let me know if this is good idea.

My wrx specs:

123k farilly stock.

The mustang:

It has around 65,xxx miles on it and around 9k on the motor.

The cars makes around 500hp pushing around 8psi.

mods:

5.1L SHM strocker longblock

3.75 crank

Forged internals

60lb injecters

Bullit intake

Pi heads and cams

Vortech v2-sq charger

Vortech BOV

8 rib pulley

90 mm throttle body

cold air intake

intercooled

oil cooler

Diablosport MAF.ia

MAC headers

MAC x-pipe

Flowmaster 40 series mufflers with a turndown right after

Aeromotive electronic fuel pump

CPR fuel pressure regulator

CPR fuel rails

160 thermostat

spec 3plus clutch kit

heavy duty race kit in trans

triax short shifter

clutch cable adjuster

03 cobra struts and sway bars

front and rear strut braces

panhard bar

full lenght sub frame connectors

8.8 with 3.75 gears

3 spline moster axles

aluminum driveshaft

03 cobra front brakes

03 cobra wheels

brand new Michelin pilot sport tires

Auto meter boost gauge

Auto meter fuel pressure gauge

Stainless braded oil and fuel lines

pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. undrgrndrdr15

undrgrndrdr15 Active Member

please no....
    looks like a good deal but you will kick yourself in the ass for getting rid of the subie...
    plus its a ford and would not be good to drive daily....

3. FACE

FACE Active Member

^^^

Thank you. Sorry man but I agree.

4. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

one vote for no, i need more suggestions. And yes sounds like a good deal, dude built it tight.

nothing to be sorry about, Thank you for taking your time and letting me know what you think.

5. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

make that 2 votes for no. Just put a 2.5 in your subie and you will be happy as a clam.

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Too bad my motor really didnt give out, or i would be in store for a 2.5.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

do it

8. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

......do it as in "Water Boy" style" you can doo it" or as in reality, do it as in go for it, im for real.

9. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

go for it

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I say make the trade.

11. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Honestly speaking, you've ran your subie for 123k miles pretty much stock? Which means you haven't spent too much money modding or maintenance. That Ford is gonna be a mountain of maintenance I bet with all that stuff on it.

I would think since your subbie is so out of warranty, you should save up and start modding to a stage2 sti. Get an 18g and the supporting mods to push that 2.0L or get a 2.5L. Then save up for a 06 wrx 5 speed. This way you are doing the mods yourself and will feel a sense of accomplishment.

12. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

If I were in your position, I would make the trade in .2 secs.

(and hell...I am pretty much in your position)

13. Truerex

Truerex New Member

Don't do it! Youll regret it. Use the 4 grand to mod your subaru.

14. Bug-Rex

Bug-Rex Active Member

This^

And with a new 2.5, it will be more reliable than the ford will ever be. Don't think that since he put all that hard work into the Mustang that he didn't drive the piss out of it.

Bottom-line, IMO, You will be so much happier with your subie modded than buying a mustang that has been modded for you.

15. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

my initial thought was, do it
    but i also agree that buying a modded car just isnt the same, and my friend has a vortech blower on his mustang making 400whp, he has problems every other day ( just blew a bearing last week)

16. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

That's a pretty nice stang. I would of made that trade yesterday if I was you...

17. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Yeah, I drove a GT (not nearly the power) for almost 7 years before getting the STi. While I love the acceleration and cornering ability of AWD, I really miss a RWD low-RPM torque car. I don't care what people say, V8's are just fun to drive, period.

That said, that car is going to be a bitch to maintain, as I'm sure you already know. But, with the condition you're car is in, it doesn't sound like a bad trade at all. I'd do it.

18. I think that trade would be one of the best decisions you could make.

Get outta the Suby-community and join those domestic queers. You should fit perfectly with 'em.

19. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

This is coming from an old V8 guy, take it for what its worth.

Ive owned the following, that I can remember off the top of my head.

Blown 65 GTO, near 800 crank hp. - still technicly own this, but my father just wont come back off of it.
    91 mustang with a stroked 351. - smoked the crank, piston out the side of the block.
    blown 78 trans am with a 455. - went through more tranny and rear end parts than a race team, eventually smoked the engine too.
    93 camero z28 with a supercharger - smoked 2 pistons, and you do NOT want to see what the heads looked like.

Are you seeing the pattern here? Granted im pretty nubish when it comes ot japanese cars, or anything that has a computer in it, but still, the work on these cars was professionally done either at a shop, or me and my uncle doing the work. Big HP V8 cars are more high maintenence than a drop dead gorgeous hottie, they are NOT daily drivers.

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

have fun driving in the rain, and have fun buying tires twice a year...

I vote negative ghost rider

oh and have fun gettin traction!!!!!!!!

21. carrosene

carrosene Member

Its bad enough that I don't get to hear your car in the parking lot anymore but to lose the only other Subie in the complex would suck. I don't have anything against Ford because I really like them but Subaru is just so much better when it comes to quality. Also, you see mustangs everywhere but you hardly ever see bugeye WRX's anymore.

22. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Why is the guy selling his Mustang?

And don't think gas is going to stay this cheap forever either.

23. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Id avoid buying someone elses built car. You never know all of the details of the build and suprises come up all the time

24. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

this man has wisdom beyond his years.

25. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

I think that mustang would make for a tough DD. There has to be something more reasonable to get. It might be a fun second car, but I wouldn't DD that. I vote keep the subaru.

26. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

+1 for trade

27. undrgrndrdr15

seems like we need a poll!

28. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Your question is similar to asking a Mac owner if you should buy a PC. We are a bunch of Subaru fanboys/girls.

Nothing beats the feeling of 500 hp to the rear wheels! Put a $20 in the sunvisor and see if your passenger can grab it before you shift.

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Take the 4K cash and the Subie, drive to Subaru dealership, come home in 2008/2009 STi.

Done.

30. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Just to add to Bad_attitude's list of things, another car guy at work had a 500+hp cobra which he dumped a lot of money into but that thing was road-going about 2-3 months in the 2years I knew him before he sold it. And this work was done by professional shop too. That thing was a lemon or it was just too much for the car.

Still, if you were someone like Liquidforce who can do his own work and loves to mod his car and can maintain it, then I'd say ok. But seeing you don't go crazy with the subie, I'd say this Mustang is a just gonna be a money pit. Get an STi if you want to spend money.

31. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Thanks for all the comments. I thought about the trade all day, and im leaning more to keeping my subaru.

i saw you pass by yesterday, suby looks good. And how come you dont hear/see me, I always park right pass the 4 way stop in front of my friends apartment. If not there, im always down here by 3rd gate.

And i was gona install alot of parts on my suby, but than decided to sell everything. I really done feel like modding the hell out of a 2.0

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  32. carrosene

carrosene Member

Usually when I see you driving by your car is loud as hell, which sounds beautiful, but the other day your car seemed extra quite. I just figured you sold your exhaust since you have been selling everything off. If I had money to spend I should have bought some parts from you.

Also, I always wondered if you lived by the stop signs or further down because I see your car in both places. For a while I just thought there were 2 WRX's that looked the same.

33. carrosene

carrosene Member

Oh and my car needs to be lowered in order for it to look good. I hate that I never did anything with the suspension.

34. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

what about how it handles?

35. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

You sold the vf39? Why? Should have just bought a 2.5 shortblock and paid topspeed of LF to install it and get a tune walah....300 hp and about 340 tq.

36. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i like your style

37. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

and walah.... you need a new tranny too!

38. undrgrndrdr15

either way its your choice and we should have no say... im sure you will love the mustang but just have to weigh the pros and the cons... your subie with some money would be 10x more fun than the mustang... but the fact is you will never find a group of guy and girls like this that own mustangs! wrxatl FTW

39. Deke

Deke Active Member

The Mustang looks badass. I would be weary of the fact that it's a Pennsylvania car. Rust and all that...

40. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I drove on mine for a year before having any problems, and that's only because I made a really really hard left turn with stiff suspension and upset it. The gears were fine, just messed up the ring n pinon too.

41. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

This is what my biggest concern was. If i was to ever go 2.5 in the future, 6 speed tranny will come first than the 2.5.

I haven't thought about the rust....thanks.

I didnt sell my exhaust, i had a small issue with the car which got fixed. but im going straight pipe in august anyway. You'll hear me than.

Last edited: May 29, 2009
  42. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I picked my wagon up from PA...I couldn't find any rust; paint chips...yes.

43. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Keep the subaru....

F ound O n R oad D ead

44. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Thats a sweet ride, if you can get SHM to vouch for that motor then its a good deal, I wouldn't even think twice about it, thats way more car.

45. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

True about it being much more car. It will almost certainly ask you difficult questions in the rain and the twisties. In the right hands and with the right suspension it would be a beast.

Also, a boosted 500hp V8 tends to not make for a very good daily.

Also also, as a rule, buying a built, big power car usually = bad idea. You just don't know enough.

46. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Yea i changed my mind, im not doing the trade. And if i was to trade for this car, it would not be my dd. I was planning on buying an integra around 3k. Ill just save my money for a 2.5 swap and a 6 speed tranny once this engine blows.

Might be tommorow, might be in 2 years.

47. flat4ever666

flat4ever666 Member

love stangs, go for it man. mix it up a little bit! if you regret it, fuck it sell it and get something else. that car looks fun. no exhaust?

48. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

i love stangs too, but cobras in general. I would go for the trade, but i really dont know how much he abused the car. I might get it, take it to the track once, and it blows up.

49. dontcallitarex

dontcallitarex Active Member

Probably a turndown before the axle or something.

50. crash#2

crash#2 Member

i don't discriminate between blue ovals. go for it. stangs are fun and the sn95e is the best looking model.