Your 60-80 time

Discussion in 'General Community' started by moose, Aug 17, 2005.

1. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Scott posted about this in another thread.. would be fun to see some data from people.

With A/C off (not sure if you really need to do this; doesn't A/C cut out when you go WOT?), in 3rd gear, cruise at 45mph... stomp on the gas, click a stop watch when you get to 60 and again when you get to 80.

I did mine from 50 with A/C on, got a 3.4 second 60-80 run... about 90 degrees outside. Should do one from 45 and see if there's any difference...

Anybody else want to try?

2. siegelracing

siegelracing Registered Vendor<br><b><font color="#666666">bion

3.4 is darn good. Best I've timed lately was that STi with the green the other day. With break-in boost of 18 psi in 4th (STi's redline 3rd under 80) it was 2.2.

SS

3. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Scott,

Thanks for the info. 2.2 seconds is pretty sweet!

Guy I know is looking for #s on TBE+EM STi's... what kind of times have you seen on those (both good and bad if you remember 'em)?

4. siegelracing

The STi's are so quick that they don't change much. 2.2 to 2.6 seconds in 4th. At that point accuracy with the watch becomes key.

SS

5. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Agreed, please stay on topic.

6. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i did the test this morning on the way to work going up 85.
    all windows down and moon roof open, i did it in 3.9 sec.
    i'm a stocker as you call it: '05 4 door.

7. siegelracing

Superdude, that sounds INCREDIBLE. I've timed LOTS of stock WRX's and never seen one under 9.0 seconds...

SS

8. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what? 60-80, right? WOT from 45.

9. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'll do it again on the way home. if i miss read my watch, my bad. i'm not trying to pull anything, i very well could have miss understood. i'll post again in the AM. you would know better i think.

10. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

yep you got it right

11. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i don't know what to tell you, but the same time. Just under 4 sec. even in 4th it's around 5.5 sec. unless i'm missing something. :ugh:

12. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Yeah, in 3rd I had some reports of 4-4.5 seconds from stock or near-stock vehicles.

Scott: Are we measuring the same thing? 9 seconds seems reasonable from 45-80, but not 60-80...

13. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i roughly timed myself last nite and i was around 5 seconds, thast with a gutted UP and a STi axel-back with 204/211 to the wheels, so under 4 for stock seem a little odd.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

how much do u weigh? :naughty:

15. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i'll do it with someone else timing me. i did do it with an empty tank. sorry if i'm off.

16. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

oh, 165lbs.

17. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

i dont think you that far off. every thing you mentioned is only good for a few tenths not really gonna add seconds to your car.

18. MrCoffeeATL

MrCoffeeATL Member

The legacy had a quarter tank of gas, 250whp, 300wtq
    3.8 sec from 45 to 60
    5.8 sec from 60 to 80
    ------
    9.6 sec total, ex gf was the timer so i think that could add some variation :)

I'm gonna try again since i was on a turn when i did it.