Your Daily News Topic : Flatulence

Discussion in 'General Community' started by Weapon, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Flatulence is the presence of a mixture of gases known as flatus in the digestive tract of mammals expelled from the rectum. Flatulence occurs when a food does not break down completely in the stomach and small intestine. As a result, the food makes it into the large intestine in an undigested state. The undigested food meets up with billions of hungry bacteria where they consume it. The waste produced by bacteria is a variety of gases. Nitrogen is the primary gas released. However, small amounts of methane and hydrogen are produced and are flammable and susceptible to catching fire. Not all humans produce flatus that contains methane. The gas released during a flatus event frequently has a foul odor which mainly results from low molecular weight fatty acids such as butyric acid and reduced sulfur compounds such as hydrogen sulfide and carbonyl sulfide that are the result of protein breakdown. Nerve endings in the rectum usually enable individuals to distinguish between flatus and feces, although loose stool can confuse the individual, occasionally resulting in accidental defecation. So make sure you can distinguise between the two :keke:

2. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

3. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

wow kris...just wow...

4. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Is "distinguise" a word? If it is how do I do it? I certainly don't want to shit myself...

5. Weapon

hey i look these things up for the growth and education of the community :D
    wait till you see tomorrows topic :ugh:

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

What about when you "Shart"???

7. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

one thing to add its the bacteria that produce the methane. or at least that what i read.

8. Weapon

:rofl:

9. keeganxt

keeganxt Active Member

that was totally worth reading...a good laugh is worth millions. thanks.

10. andy251203

andy251203 Member

11. sol drums

sol drums Active Member

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  12. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

emergency status check: all rectal nerve endings present and accounted for... now back to work.

13. Meredith

Meredith Banned

Can you make tomorrow's topic Lean Pockets: Less Fat than Hot Pockets.... but just as much death...

[​IMG]