Your Ideas for V 3.0

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Alex, Nov 22, 2004.

?

v2 -> v3

1. Yes!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

VOTE: Upgrade from vBulletin 2.x to 3.x?

Continued from the annoucement; this is where I would like all to vote, yes or no and to reply with an opinion respectively.

Thanks again,
    Alex

2. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

What is changed in v3.x?

3. Alex

In essence, the coding now is much smoother, runs smoother, loads quicker, bettering indexing, less faults and can do much more all around both admin and user sides.

4. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

makes no difference to me which version it is, but if ya need a donation i'll pitch in whatever i can

5. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Alex,
    I will kick in some money if you decide to upgrade. Just let us know..

6. Alex

How about this, for everyone who donates, I will give you the ability to have a custom user title. For those who do not know who that is, that is the text under my name which says "Admin". I will grant ou the ability to write whatever you like...

Granted, its just an idea, it is a possible incentive.

More to come later.

7. BelvnAWD

OOOHHHH!!!! :eek: :eek: J/K, Alex! You keeping the board running for free is good enough for me. If ya want to give me the ability to customize my title, cool by me, but I already have enough incentive to participate

8. Alex

Well, granted incentive isnt the best choice of words, what I meant more or less would be contributing members get that little extra something...

Customer User Title
    etc

9. GTscoob

cool. It'll be like being an AIWC VIP member.

10. Alex

Perhaps, or more like a thank you to the original members and such.

Without you guys we wouldnt be anywhere :bowdown:

Oh, and I suppose original guys could have their handles changed to whatever they'd like (ie first name, new name, w/e).

11. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

how about providing different language fonts :D

ya know... just to show how culturally diverse we are :D

12. Suby1128

Suby1128 Member

you can make mine... PM 4 Secks :D

13. ajw2722

ajw2722 New Member

Have you ever thought of simply getting some Forum Sponsors. I know every 'other' forum generally has Sponsors and I would imagine that intent is designed to raise some funds.

I think it would be great for us because we could provide links to Georgia WRX shops & retailers. Madahvi, Knowledge, etc. Just an option that could help our site expand for the good!

14. Alex

All I can say is just wait for version 3 :bigthumb:

I have to keep my mouth shut.

15. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I will kick in, are you going to the Auto X/Drift thing Saturday, I will throw you a couple bills there.

16. Alex

What would YOU like to see in version 3?

Alright so now is the chance for you all to give us feedback and tell us what you'd like to see in version 3. I have a lot of new things planned, and I would like to keep a handful of them surprises for everyone (shh). At any rate, this is the chance for each of you to write something you'd like to see, or talk about what you do not enjoy now, what you would like to see more of, etc.

I would appreciate everyone's input as this thread will help a lot in pushing version 3 in the direction that is more user oriented and better suited for our growing community.

Thanks again!
    /Alex

17. GTscoob

More members ideally.

I like how the site is right now. It gets the job done.

Maybe some sort of members gallery where we each can have a pic or two of our cars.

18. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

alex and i have some ideas for the members gallery... but i think we're gonna try to keep it as a surprise :D

feel free to throw suggestions though... they will definitely be considered

19. BelvnAWD

Events calendar?

20. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

Alex,
    Def a members gallery, the car and the persons. Maybe do something for the top posts. Liven it up a little bit with some color maybe, then again thats just my choice.

21. Porter

Porter Member

You should give out clever user titles, but not with post count increase. Do it randomly, at your own discretion and don't let people edit their own.

:bigthumb:

22. RADON

RADON Member

ie. make Porter's title be Hawt Lama Peanut Eater

Agree with above regarding a member's car photo gallery where mods can be easily listed. Up the avatar image size to like 100x100.

23. Alex

More than likely avatars will be given out, not a standard user accessible ammenity.

24. Porter

Porter Member

That would be cool.

25. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I agree with Scott on the Event Calendar. With Version 3 do we get the quick post option like on Nasioc?

26. Alex

27. BelvnAWD

How about an accurate block. I realize that your working on Alex blocks, but man, I can't figure it out...:eek: Oh and I have limited skillz with the web, but i'll be happy to help with mulitmedia content...

28. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

Time looks fine here.. did you set your user profile to Eastern Standard? It defaults to GMT (currently 5 hours ahead).

29. BelvnAWD

Clocks, who said anything about clocks...I was talking about blocks...hehe, yeah thats it....:eek:

30. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

yeah dude... time looks fine.... but the blocks are way off... :D
    (what are these blocks we're talking bout now?) :D

31. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'd like to see a place to list mods....I went ahead and just put them as my tag...

32. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

thats gonna be available too :)

33. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

you wait buddy V3 is a lot better.

34. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

i would like to see more boobs:bigthumb:

35. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

u can get all u want here http://www.thecheetah.com/ :D

36. Alex

I do not really understand why the blocks on the threads change size the way they do. I honestly think it is a bug with their code.

Version 3 will be a major improvement over everything, dont you worry :)

37. BelvnAWD

Alex,
    Not sure if you got it, but I am an idiot and couldn't figure out to go into my profile and set the CLOCK correctly. ;) If you got that then cool, if you took me seriously and there has been a problem with the forum resizing itself, well, then, much like the clock setting, I hadn;t noticed it. I am on FireFox, latest version... :cool:

38. AthensWRX

AthensWRX Member

my good friend did the cheetah website :bigthumb: :bowdown:

39. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

40. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Review section in V3?

If possible, I think we should have a parts review section in V3. If you can get everyone to participate it would be a good thing... I know I used the review sections on NASIOC, I-CLUB, and Scoobymods(or is it scoobytuner?). It would be especially helpfull for new WRX owners and could potentialy keep someone from making a bad mod choice and wasting $$$ on something they'll need to replace...ie..for me, buying rims that are the wrong offset for the WRX...$1200....ooooops!
    If this has allready been suggested....disregard....

41. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

THanks for the input, I will have to talk it over with Alex,Milo, and Bobby. Good Ideas.

42. ScoobyMike

ScoobyMike OG Mod

I thought we had a theard about this already but. I just wanted some feedback from y'all to see what kind of changes you guys wanted from V 2.0 - V 3.0?

Discuss-

43. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

44. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

45. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Ability to post more than once every 30 seconds

46. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

47. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

good input... i will be moving this thread... just trying to keep the v3 inputs together

48. BelvnAWD

Hey! I know this thread might be merged somewhere else. Could we donate this weekend when we are at the G2G? I could give the money to Milo....

49. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

donations are always appreciated and will go towards the upkeeping of the site and having free decals available... which so far alex and i have been doing out of pocket... hence the need for vendors

50. Alex

Sure, I will be out of town, but I will be back next week and will pick up any msgs, donations, whatever from the weekend.