Your Snow pix, videos, and tales....

Discussion in 'General Community' started by UpSideDownDesi, Feb 13, 2010.

1. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Went out last nite around 11 after roads were clear of regular traffic, conditions were slushy and some ice. On my way to i hit a ice patch at about 35mph traction let go, car swung around, turned the steering in direction car was sliding & adjusted as needed, pumped & locked the brakes so car stayed in one direction, hit slushy again, got traction and after about 100ft sliding sideways on a 2 lane road with ditch on both sides, it finally stopped facing opposite direction. Kept my cool the whole time. Then proceeded to parking lot and had my share of fun. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=144mNtyM-YY
    PS. No i didn't scrape at the end, mad JDM skills kicked in and i brushed the snow off the curb with my rear bumper lol.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  2. 4sevens

4sevens Member

major hid glare

3. Didn't get a chance to play but had some fun driving out of my parent's neighborhood.. my brother was coming down the street and just about slid into me then claims he did it on purpose (yeah right..) Anyways.. took this pic right after.. it was fun!!

[​IMG]

4. Popsmear

Popsmear Member

I was stranded in Columbus, OH and they would not let me fly home to enjoy it :(

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

tied two ropes to the back of the land yacht and got drug around in clothes baskets for about two hours...woke up this morning with road rash and a broken middle finger on my left hand. Good times...

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

you forgot half dead turd dog

7. jeb

jeb Member

Lawlz, yeah lexi spun out into a pole, not good for her skin / ribs

8. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

9. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

I just got back from a parking lot off of king springs...great fun. First chance I've had to do donuts in a AWD car...and it was fun. I'm loving my WRX.

I'll post some pics in a bit, gonna post my n00b thread with my specs and pics laterthis afternoon or evening.

10. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i'm actually heading back up to the vet in two hours to pick that bitch up...had to get sutured, woohoo for spending what should have been bar money

11. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

drove a rwd car down the street on fuzion zri tires, arrived at Cul-de-sac, proceeded with ricer maneuvers, then returned home.

on the Subaru, there were major patches of dirty ice/snow falling in the wheel wells after a drive, it was a mess in the garage.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2010
  12. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
  13. Ken

Ken New Member

14. Slow Hatch

Slow Hatch Member

15. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

that dog really didnt need to get any dumber...

16. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

17. Slow Hatch

Slow Hatch Member

Thanks, you guys get enough snow to play in??

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I really just thought the sentimental value of that $20K+ car kicked in and you decided to stop.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

19. Mindspin311

Mindspin311 Member

Had a great commute home in the LGT Friday night.

Took the back roads while everyone stood in traffic on the highways.

Had all 4 spinning in 3rd at one time. Was great fun.

20. dundunskeert

dundunskeert Member

We did but I didn't mess around in it this time.