Your Thoughts on Sprint Service?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Oct 7, 2011.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

I am looking to get the iphone 4s, and I might be switching because my current plan on AT&T is pretty decent, but in order to upgrade, they want to rape me on the data plan.
    I currently have 450 mins with roll over and unlimited data and unlimited messaging for about 100 bucks (not included the 10% discount for being a Temple alumni) so it comes down to about 90 a month.
    Ok
    So now AT&T is saying that I need to change my data plan to a lesser plan and be charged more for it in order to upgrade...WTF are you kidding me.
    I am looking at Sprint now since they have the best plans (69.99 for 450 mins unlimited data and unlimited messaging)...but how is the service here around Atlanta and the suburbs?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011
  2. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

My work and personal cell phones are both on Sprint. I have never had any issues with their service around town and none of the big carriers can touch their rates. I have been on Verizon and T-Mobile and Sprint service would be somewhere between the two. You will find deadspots around town with all the major carriers so if it fits your budget, go to Sprint.

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

AT&T unlimited data, text, voice on an Android phone. $30 a month :) Gotta love grandfather plans.

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Yes, call another rep and fight them. I just updated to the gs2 from AT&T and was able to keep my dataplan

5. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

you can upgrade whenever you want and just say "i want to keep my current plan"

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

ehhh i think i will move to sprint anyway just to get the less expensive plan

7. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Thats funny, I'm about to do the same thing and switch to sprint

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

8. nygiant

nygiant Member

ohhh i just read that sprint and verizon still dont support the simultaneous voice and internet.
    looks like i'll be sticking with at&t

9. integroid

That is BS. I know for a fact Verizon supports it on certain devices. I am 99% sure the same goes with Sprint.

10. nygiant

nygiant Member

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yes, with their LTE devices..but in reality. how often do you use that feature?

All the carriers are technically capable of doing it, but most of them turn the feature off because it sucks bandwidth.

12. nygiant

nygiant Member

without using wifi...

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Just upgraded to a IP4s got to keep my unlimited

14. nygiant

nygiant Member

Verizon doesnt support it for the iphone. I just asked a couple buddies who have the iphone with verizon, and they all said they cant. they have to be on wifi to do it.

15. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

ANDROID....someone had to

16. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i moved to sprint this summer from tmobile, no complaints
    they had a deal for $50 credit for every number you port over from another service, not sure if thats still going on

17. integroid

The Thunderbolt witll do 3G and Voice at the same time and all of their LTE devices will do 4G and voice at the same time.

18. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

After having the capability, you would be amazed at how often it is used. You have never had the ability, so you don't know what you are missing. Greenc51 obviously has had the capability, and realizes, that it is used a lot more than most people think. I end up searching for something on the Internet while talking on the phone at least once a week, if not more.

In the beginning, I thought that would be a completely worthless feature, but I use it all the time. I would hate it not to be able to after knowing how great it is.

19. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

the thunderbolt will also lose 50% battery life while doing so :p

20. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

this, i know first hand, but it soooo worth it, i swear!! especially in winter when i can use it as a hand warmer.

21. Matt

I'm not saying it's worthless, but I am saying it's not a game changing feature...I can do it now, as long as I'm on wifi...which 9 times out of 10, I am.

22. integroid

I can see how it would be usefull but I would rather have a more reliable network than be able to surf and talk at the same time on one device. I have so many internet devices that it doesnt bother me. If I need to surf on the web while on a call, I have my other phone, tablet, or laptop I can use.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Prove that. Here it's the opposite but obviously here isn't Atlanta.

24. nygiant

nygiant Member

thats the limitation. i prefer to be able to do it anywhere anytime and not have to be chained to a wifi connection

25. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Switched from Verizon to Sprint and never looked back. WAY cheaper for basically unlimited everything. The any mobile to any mobile makes worrying about your minutes a thing of the past. As far as coverage... I can say 100% that for Sandy Springs and Alpharetta, Sprint voice and 3G are a lot better. Sprints 4G kinda blows... but I think/hope that will get better....

26. nygiant

nygiant Member

i also called sprint and asked them if their network supported the iphone multitasking...i tried 3 diff reps, and while all of them were extremely nice, not one of them knew the answer

27. integroid

You can follow my friends on facebook and the many complaints they have with their AT&T service. It is horrible in Atlanta and most major cities. One of the main reasons why AT&T is 3rd (out of 3) on our cell phone vendor list corporate wide for the company I work for. We consistently have poor cell service with AT&T in major cities.

28. integroid

PS - the bill for two phones on Sprint will still be cheaper than a new service plan on AT&T for an iPhone......Just sayin.

29. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

it may blow but its unlimited! and who doesnt want unlimited crap? :rofl:
    and im sure you get the nice 25% off with ups

30. John

John Active Member

I had Sprint a few years back....I'll list my pros and cons of their service

PROS
    Cool phones
    Affordable Phones
    Good service / signal
    Decently quick internet
    Low deposite​

CONS
    TERRIBLE customer service
    Lots of hidden fees​

31. nygiant

nygiant Member

the voice/data multitasking swayed me....i stayed with at&t. iphone comes next week.

32. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

The other thing about 4G is my EVO battery hates it.... even with my uber brick battery it won't last on WIMAX.... and yes, 25% discount is very nice :wiggle:

33. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

Or carrying multiple devices everywhere.

34. Matt

95% of the time, I'm on wifi...so to each his own.

35. integroid

and I have to carry multiple devices for work....but like Matt said, to each his own.