your thoughts on the new sonata

Discussion in 'General Community' started by mokinbird87, Feb 3, 2007.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

what are your thoughts on the new hyundai sonata? i am considering to trade in my wrx for the V6 sonata.. (btw, this has nothing to do with me being korean :naughty: ) I thought the sonata was perfect as a daily drive... ionno, may be accord manual? i just want something that is smooth to drive, and less fuel consuming, and more comfortable. I see much potential with the sonata. I loved the suspension set-up on it as well (personally prefer the sonata's ride over my dad's GS300). as long as you dont push it to the limit, it's good. the headlights are also equipped with projectors which makes it easy for me to upgrade to HIDs. However, i am still debating whether or not i can drive automatic or not...it just feels like you're being driven rather than driving. For the accord, there is no denying that its powerplant is a step ahead of the hyundai's despite the fact that i will have a four cyl engine.

which one would you guys choose if you were a poor art student? sonata's V6 acclaims a 33 MPG? honestly, i am tired of squeezing out the power from a four cyl engine; i realize hwo easy and effortless it is to drive my dad's lexus over my wrx. So in other words, i want something a little bit more plush and nice. o, and i want a car that dont make weird noises to make me feel anxious. However, i will not forget the beautiful engineering from subaru. I must say it is quite awesome.

2. Demo24

Demo24 Member

We have a 4cyl accord. It leaves much to be desired.

3. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I don't know I never EVER considered buying a Hyundai. I'm sure they have come a long way though

4. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

How much are you looking to spend? If you're looking at a new Sonata (they are nice, I agree) it could be worthwhile checking out a certified Acura CL Type S... they are VERY nice and pretty inexpensive used.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

your tired of squeezing hp out of a 4cly.. its true though..

my moms g35 feels more torque-y than my protuned wrx.. even though my wrx is faster.. i dunno though im too much of a getting pinned in your seat freak...

but if your gonna pick eather of those cars.. look in a used g35.. ther just as cheap.. and a MUCh better quality car than the sonata.. its got more power.. and they gt around 25 mpg.. not bad for a 260 hp 3.5v6

6. moose

moose Infina Mooooooose!

The G is nice, but don't diss the quality on the Sonata. The '06 (or was it '05?) model got Consumer Reports' highest reliablity rating.

7. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

thats true, but look at re-sale value also.. imho the 35 is higher 'class' too.. and it comes in a 6 speed

8. I must agree the G35 wound't be a bad choice, but what about the sonata's warranty? not to shabby.

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

10yr/100,000... hard to beat!

10. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Moose's suggestion on a certified used Acura is a good idea. Look into the TSX if they have any, those were in the same price range as my WRX limited and if I wanted plush and whatnot, I would have gotten that. So a used certified one could be in the low 20k + it comes with warrenty.

11. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

tsxs are by far the slowest 200hp cars i have been in ,,

12. mokinbird87

if i can find a tsx for around 17-18K i will get it in a heartbeat, because it's got HIDs, Manual tranny (a realllly good one), and a great gas mileage. thing is, i can get a V6 sonata for 17-18K because my dad knows someone in the alabama plant. But yea, if ANYONE finds a TSX for 17-18 with 50K or less miles, i will get it. TSX was my first choice, so you guys have somewhat of an idea of what i want. I dont think G35 would be very economical on gas and insurance price, which is the main reason why i KIND of want to part away with my rex. But man, i REALLY love driving my car..it was hard for me to decide on this.

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

hmm, 25msg would be a godsend for me

but anyhow, consider the nissan altima also..

14. Bolderer

Bolderer Member

Is the Accord V6 in your price range? My roommate has one with an auto and it is still pretty quick so I'm sure the 6 speed would be a hoot.

15. mokinbird87

speed isnt the matter, im looking for a effortless car to drive... haha I wish i can get an accord V6 with a manual tranny, but that's also not very economical on gas either. I dont know, for the best i would really like to keep my car, but my dad insists on having it changed to something more economical.

16. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Tell him Honda Civic Si is a very economical car, because most people who aren't car heads won't know what the Si is about.

17. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I think the new Civic Si's are sweet as well.....

18. sti-mike

sti-mike Member

I had an 04 Si and loved it.

19. Demo24

Demo24 Member

I think they get pretty decent actually. Atleast highway was up near 30, and I would imagine getting 30 or more on the highway would not be to difficult.

20. SUBY_RUE

SUBY_RUE Member

But pull the k24A2 out of the tsx and put a K20Z3 head on it, put it in a eg body.... and a monster is born.

21. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

6SPD Maxima FTW

22. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Dude, there is a 6spd Altima now with a maxed spec of $30k and has like 270hp....WTF!?!? I think they are trying to phase out the Maxima? I mean, if you can buy an Altima with the same engine that's inside a maxima and the price to boot.