Yuengling Draft?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Berzerklo, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Even though I am thrilled that Yuengling has FINALLY made it to this state, I have only been able to find bottles. Has anyone found a place that serves it draft? I have not a good Yuengling draft in at least a year ( it is substantially better draft than in bottles IMHO)

Thanks!

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Got hooked on that stuff when I was in Baltimore recently... seen it in the stores and in bottles at bars but no draft yet... I'll keep my eye out for it...

3. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

From what I have heard, Mellow Mushroom has it on draft.

I have not confirmed this yet.....soon enough, it may be on draft in my house....:D

4. ohmypearls

ohmypearls Banned

i heard the draft won't be too available in georgia til 2009

5. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

:unamused:

Oh well...lately I have been going up to SC every other weekend anyway, so I can keep by yuengling habit in check

6. Matt

meh...that's only a month and a half from now. :)

7. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

hm... never had it

been drinking paulaner hefeweizen lately and i saw a 5L party keg at the store :)

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

seriously? I mean it's pretty decent beer, but out of all the fucking beer in the world, you're going to have yuengling draft in your house?

mook.

9. I really enjoy the black and tan. The light is pretty good as well.

10. blindfold

blindfold Active Member

is a lager? whats so special about it?

11. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Nothing really, just your standard American Lager (they also make a black and tan). I know you will have many better beers in your life, but he thing that sets Yuengling apart (for me at least) is I don't think you can find a better beer for the price. Its about 50 cents more a twelve pack than Bud or Miller and it tastes way, way better. I mean it is only $3 a bottle in bars! Sold.

12. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

^^ That was my response, put better than I could put it... It was really yummy on tap too..

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I would hope it doesn't taste like "bud or miller", since it's a red lager

you're comparing apples to oranges. FAIL

14. Matt

well yeah...for as cheap and delicious as it is...why not?

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

go try some brooklyn lager, it's the same style.

drinking cheap shitty beer is for college matthew shiring. last I checked you're pushing 40

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I really wish we could get the Yuengling Porter down here. Its the other half of the black and tan and is pretty damn good.

17. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

Hey douchenozzle, no need to get angry. He is comparing relatively cheap beer, to other relatively cheap beer. Both of which happen to be lagers, but there is no reason to call dudebro out in his statement.

Yay beer!

18. crashtke

crashtke Member Supporting Member

Had a budweiser employee tell me it tasted very similar to bud red.

19. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

A price-point is a price-point. I said it tasted better than bud or miller, not like Bud and Miller.

Chill out Nancy, I'm just looking for some beer. You don't have to drink any.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2008
  20. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

lulz I have upset the yuengling fanboys. mission accomplished

21. hotroddinrebel

hotroddinrebel New Member

yuengling for the money is one of my favorite beers. Like it has been said already, mellow muchrooms in atlanta are supposed to have it on tap. We don't have it at all in milledgeville yet, so I'm still waiting. Clearly it isn't the best beer in the world, but for the same price as bud, it's much much better.

Cheap beer has a place, atleast in my college fridge. I have a bunch of keystone and high life in there now(15 bucks for a 30 pack) but on the next shelf up is a 6 pack of harp, a 6 pack of terrapin and a 6 pack of same adams octoberfest. sometimes after work you don't wanna fight through a full bodied beer, you just want something cold. It's all about preference

22. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

I was at Ruby Tuesdays tonight and they have it on draft

23. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I got a bottle of black & tan at TacoMac-(Hwy.92) today. I asked about draft and was told they would not have it until Feb. '09.