Zen Motors is now an Authorized dealer for Wilwood Brakes!!!

Discussion in 'Vendor Chat' started by ZenMotors, May 6, 2009.

1. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Wilwood has grown over thirty years from a foundation in motorsports racing to a global leader in disc brake applications spanning the automotive, agricultural, military, industrial, petroleum, and aerospace industries. However, the heart and soul of Wilwood will always remain in delivering maximum-performance disc brake products of On Track, Off Road, and Street Performance Applications

Give me a call today if you would like to upgrade your braking system at a discounted price!!!!

Take care!

2. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

Ive gotta ask this, I know its been asked before, but I wasnt here for it.

Why are these brake kits so much less expensive than the other brands out there like brembo and stoptech?

3. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

can you pm me a price on a kit (front/rear) for an 02 wrx?

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

because they are american made, not JDM Mad Tyte yo!!

they are used by ~half of NASCAR teams, the other half uses Brembos

5. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

So this are comparable in quality, function, and lifespan to brembos?

6. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

Better, from what I've heard. :)

7. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Me too, me too! :hsugh:

8. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

how about for a 97 Outback Sport? :3

9. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

Please PM me the price of a 6 piston front kit and a 4 piston rear kit for an 02 wrx.

Last edited: May 17, 2009
  10. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

it wouldnt fit under the stock wrx rims would it? (03 bugeye sedan)

11. Damn..... :eek2:

12. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

thats how i roll...

13. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

6pot and 4pots would be hawt for the tracks! I think a clerification on what rims these will fit would be great info. Most WRX owners will want to get these but most of us tend to run rims which might not clear Brembos (i know my works won't).

Good luck with the purchases guys, i'm sure it'll be awesome.

14. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

I will pm you guys tomorrow. Get your quote squared away.

Take care!

Tray

15. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

im puttin 18x8.5 rota boosts on it, which clears brembos, i have no doubt it will clear these as well.

16. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

when you switch, I'll take your old setup. :naughty:

17. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

they are knock offs, but if you want em, ill let ya have wheels and tires for 400 bucks.

18. XanRules

XanRules Active Member

I mean the brakes. :)

19. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

ill sell those cheap too heh.

20. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

21. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Zen Motors, Wilwood Brakes Quote

Hey buddy.

6 Piston Fronts Retail price is $1597.68 (Slotted Rotors, Calipers in Black ) - $1399.69

4 Piston Rears Retail price is $907.14 (Slotted Rotors, Calipers in Black) - $819.99

Shipping for both to here is $85.00

Brake lines are $116.50 for Front and Back if you are wanting that.

Let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to help you with your purchase!

Take care!

22. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

How about the DPR BB Front Kit? I think that is the 4 piston kit. Is there more than 1 for the rear?

23. ZenMotors

ZenMotors Member

Give me a call when you get a chance.

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Read up on the install for the rears. They require cutting of the stock assembly and the amount of material between the bolt holes to the Wilwood bracket is very little. You remove a huge chunk of the STRONG material.

That made me very uncomfortable on my buddies car but he didn't have any issues but still it made me feel uneasy.

25. Bad_Attitude

Bad_Attitude Member

what exactly has to be cut? Are we talking about something that is going to make the car dangerous?

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I don't know the name of it but it's the part that the caliper bolts to that is on the hub/knuckle. The Wilwood's come with a bracket that attach to that area. You have to cut a lot of material off and there is very little metal between the bolt hole and the edge....like 1/8 of an inch worth. Granted that is back brakes but still under extreme stress I can see that break.

27. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here ya go.

Stock
    [​IMG]

Cut...look at the bolt holes. Factory that metal is curved and VERY strong. Cut it loses it's integrity
    [​IMG]

28. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I believe you're referring to the backing plate

29. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah I guess....you can see the cut in the pic above.

30. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

structurally I don't see that affecting much. The forces are going to be traveling through the backing plate in a centrifugal motion. There shouldn't be any side-to-side (I guess lateral is the right term???) forces to effect where that metal has been shaved.

That's just at first glance, though...

31. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

not really that big of a deal IMO, since there is a pad on both sides and the rotor turns radially with respect to the caliper. the caliper just clamps on the rotor - the hydraulic force on each piston should be balanced with the opposite piston and shouldn't transmit that much loading to the backing plate. I would like to see how much the calipers flex when the pedal is stomped on

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm sure it not a big deal but it still made me nervous.

I will say the Wilwood calipers are stupid light! I loved the brakes other than the nervous cutting mentioned above.