$249 "Are you out of you're mind?"

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Mike@TSM, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Cicio: “Hey Taylor”

Taylor: “Ya”

Cicio: “You mind taking a pay cut for a month?”

Taylor: “Why?”

Cicio: “So we can tune shit load of Subarus!”

Taylor: “Well hot damn that sounds good to me!”

Later on that day…

Cicio: Screaming from the top of the TopSpeed building “Hey everyone!! We are doing Subaru tunes for only $249 this month!!”

Types ferociously

Cicio: “Man, I’ve gotta tell all the WRXAtlanta guys about this!!”

New thread gets posted on WRXAtlanta

**ATTENTION EVERYONE WITH A SUBARU**

(err everyone on this forum)

For the month of April we are offering our awesome ProTunes for only $249!! Yep, that’s correct, no bs & no extra fees – just $249! Have Taylor tune your Subaru for basically half price!

Don’t have $249 ready to go? Here are some ideas:

• Skip that morning coffee for a few weeks
    • Dump your GF (usually a good idea even if your Subaru is already tuned)
    • What’s that? You want to eat a nice dinner? Well a ProTune for your Scoob is more important so it looks like it’s the dollar menu for you pal!
    • Cancel your cable, just sit in your car and pretend you are watching Fast37
    • If you can’t get rid of your girlfriend ask her if you can borrow $250
    • Ask your Dad
    • Ask your Mom
    • Sell a kidney
    • Sell a ball (you only need one)
    • MAKE IT HAPPEN!

In all seriousness, this is a real promotion and for the entire month of April 2016 we are offering our standard Subaru ProTune for only $249; this includes up to two hours of tuning on one fuel type. For those of you that would like to do Flex Fuel or more than one fuel type or for heavily modified setups, additional tuning time will be calculated at $100 per hour instead of our $188/hr normal rate.

If you have any questions, feel free to email taylor@topspeedmotorsports.com or call 678-297-7770.

[​IMG]

2. Man tough crowd!

I thought this thread would at least get an LOL

I'm officially blaming the lack of response on spring break :)

3. 7m-gtte

7m-gtte New Member

Lots of lurkers here. Wish I was done with the motor swap. :|

4. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

that is a helluva deal. you might want to post a link over on the FB page as well

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hmmmm, i do want to switch from opensource to the ap3 that i've had for about a year

6. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

That's an impressive deal.

7. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Jeff, do it!

8. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

That's an awesome deal! I'll spread the word!

9. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

Need to come by and get a new tune just for the hell of it now!!! Such an awesome deal. People would be stupid not to jump on this!!!

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I LOL'd... just internally. :p

11. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

Imma doing it!!

:)

12. FACE

FACE Active Member

wow this is about half of what i paid! great deal for quality service from TopSpeed!

13. Honestly guys Taylor is one of if not the best up and coming tuners I have ever worked with. I have been around the block in the many years I have been doing this interacting with tuners and frankly I know what to look for in a quality calibrator!

I am putting on this sale so that our local community (south east US) has no excuse not to experience and talk about just that fact! Taylor is not only extremely good as a tuner but listens to the customers needs/goals as well as keeps up with support after the tune! I can not tell you how refreshing it is to work with a tuner that doesn't always just blame some mechanical problem and throws out the line "my tune doesn't change, your car is screwed up" It is SO annoying! Taylor will guide people to the best of his ability down the path of figuring out the problem even if it isn't his tune.

I'm excited for the people that get to experience the difference in being TSM / Taylor Tuned vs the competition!

As always I appreciate the support but just wanted you guys to hear my heart a little!

14. bomjoon

bomjoon Active Member

Don't we all? At least on while on Internet

15. Andr3w

Andr3w Member

So I have a Stage 2 bugeye WRX with a default Stage 2 93 Cobb tune. Would it benefit me to do this? I'm done modding my car for the most part. Sorry for the newbness ha

16. Absolutely!

Better drivability, more power, safer!

17. STIstorm

STIstorm Supporting Member

As Taylor tuned my car; he was extremely helpful through the process and even was able to answer a few questions while he was off the clock. I would recommend anyone looking for a tune to take Top Speed up on this incredible offer. You will not regret it. Call Mike and Schedule your tune with Taylor today!!!!!

18. Hindsight

Hindsight New Member

I was going to wait until I got the car street legal before getting a tune but I can't pass up this deal.

19. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Now that I've got a few minutes I'll start posting up some of the Subaru's we've had in to take advantage of this month's special!

We just had a 2015 STi come back in to get tuned on its new Dom 1.5. This was a full bolt ons car that was on stock turbo until recently. It picked up a TON of power from just the turbo swap, and I built in a lot of safety features into the map to keep this 380whp pump gas stock engine car running as reliably as possible :)

Perrin Intake
    Process West TMIC
    UEL header to 3" TBE
    3 port EBCS
    Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors
    AEM 320 E85 drop in pump

93 octane pump gas
    19.5 psi peak boost.

This car came into boost so quickly, so I managed the "hit" down low to a flat tq curve to keep the shock out of the engine to not stress the stock engine in the low rpms.

[​IMG]

I also overlaid the graph with the graph of the same car on the stock turbo. The spool difference is almost nonexistent! Pay close attention to the power curves, as this is often overlooked. So many people look at a dyno graph and only look at the peak numbers, which we all know on subarus especially the tq curve on a stock turbo is pretty peaky and falls off hard by redline.

Like I said I managed this car so it only makes 20 more wtq PEAK over the stock turbo, but by 5,000 rpms the stock turbo is falling off so hard that the Dom 1.5 makes 60wtq more and by 6,000 rpms its making 80wtq more. Not to mention by redline the Dom 1.5 is making over 100whp more! This car makes use of the whole rpm range, with much more usable power than the stock turbo!

[​IMG]

I apologize if this got a bit long winded. I just wanted to share a little bit of what I take into consideration when tuning each vehicle and how I do my best to tailor each calibration specifically for what each car is used for, and what the customer wants out of it inside its capable boundaries :)

[​IMG]

20. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

We recently built this 2015 STi and got it in for its final tune after some break in miles. The timing was perfect to take advantage of our April special!

The build consists of:

TopSpeed SS1 shortblock
    Cobb 20G stock location turbo
    Front mount intercooler
    Killer B equal length header
    3" catless turboback exhaust
    Tuned via Cobb AP V3

93 octane - 22.5 psi tapering to 21 psi: 402whp/408wtq

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This car is about to get Cobb Flex Fuel for an E85 tune as well, so I'll post an update when that happens!

21. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Thanks to Mike for squeezing me in at the last minute yesterday. Taylor cleaned up the tune on my adopted Fozzy, and it is buttery smooth now.

Also, I found that Cicio will hold your car on the dyno with his big toe free of charge. I absolutely could not pass up this deal, and you shouldn't either if you are in need of a tune. I'm just mad my GD wasn't ready for a new tune yet.

22. wEaK Squad

wEaK Squad Member

Glad your happy man!!!! We aim to please.... plus Taylor is a beast

23. Enzo

Enzo Supporting Member

Mike I shot you a message, let's see if I can finally get away from my ots stage 2 map

24. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Thought I'd post this 2016 STi that we tuned the other day during this month's special. This was a basic bolt ons car with Cobb's Flex Fuel kit. I first tuned the car on 93 and then swapped the fuel over to E85 to work on that portion of the tune. The ethanol content was around 78% while on the dyno.

Parts included:
    UEL header
    3" catless downpipe
    Stock catback with Nameless muffler deletes
    K&N Intake
    3-port EBCS
    AEM 320 fuel pump
    Cobb Flex Fuel kit
    Tuned via Cobb AP V3

E85 - 21.5 psi peak falling to 14: 352whp/421wtq

93 oct - 19.5 psi falling to 14: 304whp/347wtq

[​IMG]

E85 vs 93 graph overaid
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Dont think I've said this yet but, I really appreciate the graph overlays that include factory numbers. It makes for such an easy comparison!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

26. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

I try to do it when I can! Because its interesting and shows you exactly what the modifications do.

The 2016 I posted above had the exact same modifications for both the 304whp and the 352whp runs. The 304whp run was just tuned on 93 and the 352whp run was tuned on E85. Nothing else changed :)

27. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Do you guys tune on the weekends? If not, how late can you tune on weekdays?

28. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Hey guys, we very much appreciate all the support and interest in this special! We are now officially sold out of the $250 tune spots for the month.

We would still love to earn your business for your tuning needs and are 100% confident you will not be disappointed by the quality of the tune you'll receive. Please email Mike or Taylor with any questions you have or to book tuning.

29. Taylor@TSM

Taylor@TSM Member

Had this local 2004 STi in recently during our special with 41,000 miles on it!

It has the "stage 2" setup:

Intake
    Catless turboback exhaust
    Tuned with a Cobb AP

19 psi peak on 93: 301whp/334wtq

[​IMG]

[​IMG]