04 STI build.

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by stirhino, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Bling blang.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

that's some space age material you've got on that pipe, sir.

3. stirhino

stirhino Member

Ethanol Content Display is installed and Crawford AOS was Ordered, It will be here Friday. Making the switch to E85 This weekend...

http://youtu.be/_7b2aZuI7j4

4. stirhino

stirhino Member

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

i love, GOOOOLLLLDDD

6. stirhino

stirhino Member

Few pics from today
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

good choice on the Crawford aos! you won't regret it;-)
    hahaha sorry i had to.

8. stirhino

stirhino Member

Well we made good progress today, We are up to 18lbs of boost. She is running great! Cant wait to turn the wick up more. :)

9. stirhino

stirhino Member

Here is a little pull from her. Not full throttle in this video but about 3/4's. Can't wait to see what she is really capable of.

http://youtu.be/lBIh6v0a4lM

10. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

fwiw:
    [​IMG]

Car is beast! hahaha When i finally told ryan to floor it, he questioned me and said "Its never been wide open yet?!" I told him just do a pull from 2k-4500. After the first pull he says "I think that was 6500..." Somebody got carried away.... lol
    Regardless of who finishes it, the car is going to be a complete blast!

11. Mr.legg

Mr.legg New Member

Id like numbers like that...

12. stirhino

stirhino Member

Car will be at Top Speed on Friday. Just got a full tank of E85 (actually E84), filled a 5 gallon gas can too, Hopefully that will be enough for the trip there, time on dyno and back to a gas station. I will be changing the oil tomorrow for the 3rd time. First oil was Joe Gibbs Break in oil, then Joe Gibbs XP8 now I'll be going to Joe Gibbs XP7. I should have all the little bugs worked out of it thanks to h23bb2 so it should be ready to make some Powa.

13. stirhino

stirhino Member

14. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

awesome numbers!

15. Redfx4

Redfx4 New Member

Rode in this car personally and needless to say it is fast!!

16. talos

talos Member

Glad to see you got it all done, that engine bay looks nice!

17. stirhino

stirhino Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  18. stirhino

stirhino Member

19. stirhino

stirhino Member

20. h23bb2

h23bb2 Member

Now show off your daily. lol

21. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Saw your car for sale on Nasioc. Why are you selling such a nice car so quickly after getting it done?

22. stirhino

stirhino Member

Like I said on the Nasioc post if it sells great, if not great. I drive it once a week on Saturday's if its not raining other wise it sits in the garage. I pay insurance and tag every year just to drive it about 52 times a year. I could just use the money in other places.

I have built a lot of cars over my time From 550 hp Buick Grand Nationals, Mitsubishi Starions, GMC Sonoma with a Stage II Buick Grand National Motor that made 900 hp, Full size supercharged Chevy truck, 66 Impala, a few bikes, and this STI. I guess you can say I'm one of those people that is never satisfied or content. My dream car is a R34 Skyline GTR, if I had one of those fully built I probably would be in the same boat as now.

I love super bikes too but with them I would clean them so good and they would look so pretty just sitting on stands I would never want to ride it because it would get dirty. I guess I'm a little OCD

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  23. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Obviously the car is garbage and he wants to ditch it on some unsuspecting buyer.

24. stirhino

stirhino Member

Thanks Reed! Such a good friend you are! I think the College life is getting to you.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
  25. stirhino

stirhino Member

Car will be at TopSpeed on Wed the 17th for a 93 tune. Then Wed the 24th the new owner flies in and picks her up. She will be going off to NC now. :(

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

been running around without a bumper cover this past week? saw one in fayettenam this past monday

27. stirhino

stirhino Member

Not me. I have driven my car in a couple of weeks and it has the bumper cover on.

28. b reel

b reel Active Member

all I saw was a white blur with the typical BOV sound

29. stirhino

stirhino Member

Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
  30. stirhino

stirhino Member

It is officially gone! It was picked up Wed morning.