1/28 - Install day @ Milo's

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by miloman, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

pep boys.

2. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

gut up pipe as in take it out, gut it, put it back in.

I also need to tighten my e-brake and fix the light in the dash saying the brake is on when it isn't.

3. wrxbacano

wrxbacano Member

Hey guys id really like to come to help out with whatever I can, and id also like to install a boost gauge, I have the gauge and the line but what else would I need to buy to install it?

4. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

i have the wiring harness for the my stereo, the dash kit and all. so i should be ready for the stereo. do i need to get anything for the door speakers? do i need a bracket of some kind for the speakers going in. 6.5" going into the 5.25" hole, right. i just don't want to get this half way started and then have to run out again. any input is great. i'm gettin' psyched, i miss my bass, damn-it! and my iPod in my car. this FM thing sucks ASS!!!!

5. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

Hey i have a question, are we gonna do some body work also???
    i have a front grill that i wanted to get installed, but the problem is it's not direct fit, i have to mold it into the front and i was thinking if we can be able to do this on our install day?? it's a carbon fiber cw style grill from sebron

6. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

what exactly do you mean by mold it into the front, you have a picture?

7. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

what time is everyone showing up?
    milo, is it the new apts. at the end of that road, over the "moat"?

8. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

moat? hahahahaha

theres a newer apartment complex down the street but i dont know of any moat

i wonder how the call box works there.... do they let u in by lowering the draw bridge?
    :rofl:

9. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

after a good rain, go down to the bottom of the hill. there's a huge run-off moat/canal whatever you want to call it, and it fills to the top. and man that water is moving fast! i think it called York something apts.

10. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

hahaha... when u said moat, i thought u meant something like this
    [​IMG]

11. Superdude

Superdude Active Member

nope, more like this:
    and what time?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2007
  12. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'm hoping I can sell my Valentine 1 in time to order some springs to install on the 28th. I also want to paint my headlights if possible and maybe talk Goixiz into trading roof rails.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wow...talk about an interest design lol. I'm diggin the moat.

14. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

10am should be fine

15. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

sweet, 10am sounds good.

I am going to bring my air impact wrench and air compressor, so if people need to swap springs, I can help out. I should have all the necessary tools, except for jack stands, which are currently under my crx.

Drop me a PM if you need help with swapping springs, and I can see if we can organize this so it works out efficiently.

Probably can help do 3-4 sets.

--
    Brian

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  16. wrxguy

wrxguy Member

I'm going to bring some styrofoam, silver spray paint, and ducktape so i can make one of those ricer wings to put on the WRX. Maybe ill get another 100 whp with that! Also is it all right that i start drinking at 9am insted of 10am.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2006
  17. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

if people with donatable jack stands, could bring those that'd be great.....i know i need 4 myself...

18. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

i've got 4 i can probably bring

19. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i can bring one

20. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it's a simple girll very different then stock one.. i think here is the picture.. [​IMG]

i think this will work.. or this one click here :eek:hnoes:

it has 2 pin type thingy
    insteed of 4 and it donest fit right.. it needs some cutting.. so think u guys can help me fit it in my wrx.. ???

21. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

well, i guess bring it and we can see what we can do.

22. oucatch21

oucatch21 Member

hey guys if i show up and start working on my up/dp at 10 do you think ill be done by 3

i've got to be at work at 3 in midtown

23. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

^^Shouldn't be a problem. Might want to soak the bolts w/ PBBlaster the night before.
    That'll probably be the biggest problem. Maybe...

Oh yeah, I've got 2 sets of jackstands I'll bring along as well.

24. pitchlock

pitchlock New Member

dumb question...I see the directions but where the heck am I going? Buckhead? Can I get an address or landmarks? :confused:

25. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

ill be comming to hang out and maybe install this new power inverter i got. after its installed people can use it to get power out there. its a 1200w cont 2400w peak. so anything ten amps and below i can run.

26. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

I think any help will be welcome.. and btw milo can u give us ur address so we can mapblast you or navi blast ur place... :nuts: he he blast :naughty: :sx:

27. WRX-WRC

WRX-WRC Active Member

he will post the address up when it is closer to the install day.

28. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

any idea what the head count is yet?

29. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

sweet! this should power the air compressor just fine if you don't mind it being used for a few minutes to refill.

--
    Brian

30. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

it's gonna be a bunch...
    not sure yet... sum1 will count.. if they r not lazy like me.. :naughty:

31. jt money

jt money 350hp mmm mmm Good! Supporting Member

that will be no problem.

32. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

Sweet :) See you there!

Will be able to put the air impact wrench to good use. It is so helpful.

Trivializes the task of undoing hard torqued/rusted nuts.

--
    Brian

33. Alex

I will attest to Brian's new torque wrench being incredible. That thing is no joke :bigthumb:

34. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

You didn't even see it in action... but felt it's heft :)

--
    Brian

35. Eric-RPS13-

Eric-RPS13- Member

hey guys
    I'm not gonna make it out
    my car is having tranny issues, tc is def going. Just really slammed with stuff, there is a post on seloc with more details. I apologize for not being able to come out. Randy if you buddy wants to install his CAI sometime or hasn't has let me know bud.

I am sorry for not keeping up to date with the aquarium meet either. There are some other issues that don't need to be public, that will change hopefully. I don't want to be a cog in the wheel around here, alex hit me up on aim sometime.

36. JJang12

JJang12 Active Member

with all of your helps, how long will it take for turbo + injectors + pump installation??? (I bet brian's air wrench will cut down lots of time)

37. sti_lish

sti_lish New Member

Install Day

I don't have anything to install right this moment but I might order some brake lines. I have done the springs and exhaust a few times with a club in Tacoma WA so I will try to make it to turn wrenches if nothing else. Also I want to learn some more about Turbo management and see what other peeps have done to their subbies.

Look forward to it and hope to be there...

Probably goes with out saying, but I am bringing my minature, instant friendship devices (otherwise know as bottled beer).

Lates

Steve

38. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

:bowdown: yay... plz post in beer poll
    nice saying
    btw i was thinking abt installing a spy camera via bluetooth in my car so i can find out who is keying my whole car..
    it happened again 3 days bak some one made another line thru my side door front to back and my trunk.. i'm pissed :grr: :grr: :grr:

39. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

man, weak sauce bro..... :wtc: what apartment buildings do you live in?....my bad on the threadjack......j/w

40. WrxCrazy

WrxCrazy Active Member

i live in valley place apt on valley brook rd.
    :(

41. Alex

You know the way to our hearts :cool:

42. lowflyingwrx

lowflyingwrx Member

Im a newbie and would like to show up to the install day. I have a set a springs that I need help with. Will I need to bring any tools/spring compressor or just myself?

43. BrianGT

BrianGT Banned

jackstands would be helpful, as we probably can put more than 1 car up at a time to streamline the process. I can help organize the efforts to swap springs at the install day.

--
    Brian

44. 1ll-WRX

1ll-WRX Active Member

yeah if someone has jack stands..... i definitely need to borrow a set of 4 please!!!

45. Alex

Can never have too many jackstands. Also, anyone bringing ramps?

46. bigb996

bigb996 teh Wannabe Mod

well guys i think im gonna be in athens fri night so i dont think i will make it to milos within a good time saturday morning. One of these days ill make it to an install day, and when i do i will have something to install as well. Take pics!!

47. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

I've got a set of ramps I can bring, if they're needed.

48. miloman

miloman Retired Admin

chang: i'd recommend against a turbo+injectors+pump install on an install day... the job takes way too long... also, maybe it was just my car but there are too many things that can go wrong

everyone: im adding the address to the first post... regardless, please follow instructions on how to get into the parking deck

49. Alex

I'd second against doing that much during the install day. No one wants to get caught trying to finish before dark (it happens everytime) and it makes everything so much more difficult.

50. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I will see if I can borrow some of my dad's jack stands and jack.