15' wrx cvt

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Firestorm_86, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

15' wrb wrx cvt

Hey guys,

So this is our first WRX. Our, being, it's really my wife's. The only way a WRX was an acceptable option was if we got the auto. And I didn't want another Altima.

After driving it back from Huntsville, I got used to how the CVT shifted. The Sport # in CVT and manu-matic is actually kind nice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

No plans to do anything to it in the near future, except for maybe the exhaust since it drones with the CVT.

Got a hold of some BBS STI wheels... Love their look.

Eventually I'll do an intake and tune...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Looks good! Is that your FRS?

3. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

Yup! (Almost) Subie family.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

to change the size of the image, simply append "?tags" at the end of the imgur link. not the image link, but the regular link.

From there, on the bottom right is links for sizes. Choose large thumbnail and it changes to the images above. Copy and paste the image url just like you did before and it'll show that size.

5. Mike@TSM

Mike@TSM Member

Looks awesome man! Congrats :)

6. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Nice car. Watch out for the rod issue on the CVT's!

7. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

Rod issue?

8. superhawk28

superhawk28 Member

Dig around Nasioc. Many CVT cars are blowing engines.....likely due to sustained periods of high revs and monkeying around.

9. Firestorm_86

Firestorm_86 New Member

Interesting. I know the programming is different on these vs the CVT's in the other models. I'd hope the CVT in the WRX (and Forester XT) is a bit beefier than in the lower powered models.

Sport # is aggressive, and holds 'gears'/ratios if you give it 50%+ throttle, 8 in manual mode.
    Sport is about 500-700rpm lower, and holds 'gears'/ratios at 50%+ throttle, 6 in manual mode.
    Intelligent does the 'normal' CVT thing where it smoothly goes up and down.

My wife doesn't beat it, so I'm not too concerned about it's reliability for the next 5+ years. If it does break, she'll be getting her next Subaru and I'll just drop the manual in it.